• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,560
  • Views 389,102

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There’s no top quality out there. Go and bring in Xavi Simons to at least raise our first16s level. He can play in a couple roles here and will contribute in his first season + potentially developing as successfully as we saw Ødegaard develop.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our 3 strikers had 22 league goal between us. There are plenty of strikers who can improve us out there. You telling me even someone like Guirassy isn’t better striker than Jesus or Nketiah? People really think we are this amazing team. All you have to do is write down our squad and quickly you will realise it’s not even better than Liverpools and similar level in talent as Chelsea

Replacing the back up striker isn’t a priority for a team that just got 89 points and is trying to topple a team that’s won 4 in a row.

Talent wise we are way clear of Chelsea lmao none of their players, bar one or two, would get a game for us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I reckon we gonna go for 1 massive signing this summer. £100m+.

We are clearly distancing ourselves from attainable expensive players (like Osimhen) or more average players like Toney.

Being picky, so I see us going big for someone we actually believe is gonna add things to us. Isak-esque. Otherwise we just wait.
Wait for what exactly? Football doesn’t wait for anyone. The idea people are legit suggesting go with havertz, nketiah and injury prone Jesus next season is mind boggling

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bastards Sp**s have so many options for CF. Those Toney David Solanke level strikers.

There’s also people like Luiz knocking around who are available.

There’s a lot of ‘competing for top4’ options out there but not competing for the title.

I was thinking we may as well sign the top U21 talent, but the issue is, as we saw with Sesko, they won’t come here to sit on the bench, it’s not like we’re Real Madrid where it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Genuinely have no clue who we will go for.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Replacing the back up striker isn’t a priority for a team that just got 89 points and is trying to topple a team that’s won 4 in a row.

Talent wise we are way clear of Chelsea lmao none of their players, bar one or two, would get a game for us.
We are not a team that can get 89 points on average talent wise. We had an amazing season where a lot of things went our way. But there has been teams like Liverpool and united who finished 2nd and fell out of top 4 the season after. If you think we gonna have 9 starters available for 35 league games again you are mistaken.

Liverpool went from 2nd to 6th
United 2nd to 6th
Chelsea 3rd to 12th

Our rivals don’t look at our attack and midfield and think woow so much talent outside of Saka and ode really.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We are not a team that can get 89 points on average talent wise. We had an amazing season where a lot of things went our way. But there has been teams like Liverpool and united who finished 2nd and fell out of top 4 the season after. If you think we gonna have 9 starters available for 35 league games again you are mistaken.

United 2nd to 6th
Chelsea 3rd to 12th

Our rivals don’t look at our attack and midfield and think woow so much talent outside of Saka and ode really.

You’re proving my point. You don’t significantly improve the talent level of the team by replacing the back up striker. Guys like Sesko/Zirkzee are not better than Havertz.

We definitely need to bring in players at the Saka Ødegaard level, but it’s very hard to do so.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz

United 2nd to 6th
Chelsea 3rd to 12th

The best part about this post is that we went from 2nd to.... er... 2nd.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You’re proving my point. You don’t significantly improve the talent level of the team by replacing the back up striker. Guys like Sesko/Zirkzee are not better than Havertz.

We definitely need to bring in players at the Saka Ødegaard level, but it’s very hard to do so.
You are as good as your squad. Is haven’t gonna play 60 games next season? After that you have nketiah and Jesus who is physically not reliable. There will be more CL games next season and I would hope we don’t exist the cups first rounds again. The squad is not good enough unless we go throw both cups and have next to no injuries

HattoriHanzo

Havertz is now better than Sesko, let alone Zirkzee.
If Arsenal wants top CF, there are only 2 options left, Isak or Osimhen.
I don't know much about Gyokeres, but he would cost around 100 million euros (release clause).

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

United 2nd to 6th
Chelsea 3rd to 12th

We've bought robust players though. I think Rice and Havertz can play most of the season. I think wingers and midfielders should be priorities. Because if Havertz is CF you need an 8:

Rice not been injured since:

18/1913 days17

Havertz

22/2310 days22
21/2216 days25
20/2138 days211
19/2025 days37
18/1911 days12
17/1810 days11

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You are as good as your squad. Is haven’t gonna play 60 games next season? After that you have nketiah and Jesus who is physically not reliable. There will be more CL games next season and I would hope we don’t exist the cups first rounds again. The squad is not good enough unless we go throw both cups and have next to no injuries

I want us to sign a versatile forward that primarily plays on the left but can also play down the middle. You then have Havertz, Jesus, Trossard, New player to play that position. “Depth” wise that’s fine. The issue is there’s no obvious candidate for who that guys is.

Who would you sign?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I want us to sign a versatile forward that primarily plays on the left but can also play down the middle. You then have Havertz, Jesus, Trossard, New player to play that position. “Depth” wise that’s fine. The issue is there’s no obvious candidate for who that guys is.

Who would you sign?
I would think we short upfront and central midfield. I would sign Dovbyk and Fofana. Probably sign another midfielder as well unless Sambi is staying

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, June 16

Arsenal are one of several clubs who have contacted PSG over the signing of Xavi Simons, but the Parisians only want to loan the player this summer [L’Equipe]

Arsebal have registered an interest in 26 year old striker Artem Dovpik [Diari de Girona]

Latest posts

Top Bottom