• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,845
  • Views 150,129

TornadoTed

Established Member
Obviously Neto is quality but he is made of glass. If you are prepared to go through the Partey experience again then get him. We will be talking years of how good he is when he is not injured.
If he was going to be a nailed on starter then it would be a concern but with Saka and Martinelli here I'm less worried as we could manage him sensibly. It would be amazing to be able to rest one of those two without any drop in quality.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We're obviously going to move on the likes of Nketiah, Nelson imo
You still have vieira, esr, Partey and Jorginho. Then nwaneri hopefully getting closer to first team. We have massive squad and a lot of resources Arteta don’t use. I would tell Arteta for every player he want to sign he needs to sell 2. Bucks excluding el neny and Cedric. Thankfully ffp is holding us from more hoarding

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think we need Neto. We need a striker and midfielder.

Did Klopp have a top expensive alternative to Mane and Salah? I think we are getting spoilt and too much money is being wasted.

Our starting front 3 costs about £40M.

Go look at Liverpool's front line, Nunez, Jota, Salah, Diaz, Gakpo, then you have the likes of Elliot as well.

City very deep in attack.

I think we need two forward signings but only if we can sell Eddie and Nelson.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Our starting front 3 costs about £40M.

Go look at Liverpool's front line, Nunez, Jota, Salah, Diaz, Gakpo, then you have the likes of Elliot as well.

City very deep in attack.

I think we need two forward signings but only if we can sell Eddie and Nelson.

Give Arteta Liverpool front line and only 3 players would always play. You counting Gapko and Elliot because they are used. Not that they are anything above ok. Arteta is basically pep. The guy has made 5 subs last 3 games. 1 against Chelsea. This has lead to city fans saying they are short in midfield as they don’t count kovacic or nunes as viable options

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Where are all these guys gonna play? We have huge squad already and 7-8 players who never play

And we have a 50 game plus season of football to play.

You notice how Grealish, Foden, Nunes, Stones, Alvarez arent all guaranteed to play? Yeah, exactly.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

And we have a 50 game plus season of football to play.

You notice how Grealish, Foden, Nunes, Stones, Alvarez arent all guaranteed to play? Yeah, exactly.
When was the last time a fit Saliba, saka or Ødegaard didn’t start a league game? As long they fit Arteta will play same players. I’m just saying some managers don’t like big squads and are not rotators. Arteta is one.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Give Arteta Liverpool front line and only 3 players would always play. You counting Gapko and Elliot because they are used. Not that they are anything above ok. Arteta is basically pep. The guy has made 5 subs last 3 games. 1 against Chelsea. This has lead to city fans saying they are short in midfield as they don’t count kovacic or nunes as viable options

I mean Klopp has signed 3 expensive forwards in the last 24 months adding to Salah and Jota who he also signed. You can't really compare that depth of talent with Eddie and Nelson. It's not like Tross doesn't get games and he was cheaper than all of Klopp's forward signings

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I mean Klopp has signed 3 expensive forwards in the last 24 months adding to Salah and Jota who he also signed. You can't really compare that depth of talent with Eddie and Nelson. It's not like Tross doesn't get games and he was cheaper than all of Klopp's forward signings
Arteta extended Nelson and nketiah. So if they not good enough why hasn’t he sold them yet? Maybe both will be sold? I doubt it

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Still need another attacking midfielder to help alleviate the creative burden of Ødegaard when team blocks his passing lane or get physical with him especially in these aggressive midblock teams we've come across.

With Havertz in the team, I don't think we'll make that signing as he will have to be in the team somehow, a decision that continues to make no sense as time progresses.

So in the midfield area, I only expect Arteta to sign these 6/8 hybrids... Zubimendi isn't as creative as one thinks, Merino is the more risk taking player in that midifeld.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Still need another attacking midfielder to help alleviate the creative burden of Ødegaard when team blocks his passing lane or get physical with him especially in these aggressive midblock teams we've come across.

With Havertz in the team, I don't think we'll make that signing as he will have to be in the team somehow, a decision that continues to make no sense as time progresses.
Any hope for Fabio Vieira becoming that guy?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
When was the last time a fit Saliba, saka or Ødegaard didn’t start a league game? As long they fit Arteta will play same players. I’m just saying some managers don’t like big squads and are not rotators. Arteta is one.

That may be true right now, but you cannot know the future for sure bro.

We've seen Arteta adapt his management techniques in front of our eyes, season upon season. We've heard Arteta speak about the need for the right people available at the right time of the season. I am pretty sure that rotation, youth integration and other areas we dont see now, will become features to our squad management going forward.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That may be true right now, but you cannot know the future for sure bro.

We've seen Arteta adapt his management techniques in front of our eyes, season upon season. We've heard Arteta speak about the need for the right people available at the right time of the season. I am pretty sure that rotation, youth integration and other areas we dont see now, will become features to our squad management going forward.
Let’s hope you are right. Cause without those things this project will fail again

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Any hope for Fabio Vieira becoming that guy?

His showcase at Goodison Park was very good when we beat Everton 1-0 as he was up against Onana/Gueye pairing but him playing with Ødegaard for most part of the season is far too lightweight in midfield. If you had F.vieira playing as a 10 with two physical technical players besides him it would work, then Vieira can focus on being a final third machine (imagine Mata at Valencia)

Vieira attributes is that he can pass and shoot with either foot and not limited with angle bias like Ødegaard (doesnt like using his right foot to pass/shoot so opponent can stifle him more easier).

I would like to see 1 game with Vieira playing with Partey/Rice for reference in midfield

But with Vieira I don't see him getting much minutes under Arteta and the fanbase won't allow him to adapt to his role as he's not good enough at LCM but better in advanced position so if a good offer comes, we should sale.

Other than Ødegaard/Rice, I'm inclined to let go everyone else in midfield (realistically won't happen), we'll probably extent Jorginho's contract.

Y.Fofana/Wirtz/K.Thuram are guys I would prefer and let Rice play 6, don't want names likes Curtis Jones at Arsenal.

Regarding Havertz, the only option left is to see him behind a Physical striker to play off with in a SS role but what happens to Ødegaard then? Havertz is more biased to float around the right hand side like in Chelsea but Arteta restricts him to to the left, Havertz floated around at St James Park when Ødegaard was injured.

Reactions: A_G

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I think Vieira is worth persisting with - his cameo vs Fulham and his performance at LCM vs Everton away showed to me he has the talent and application to be a valuable member of the squad.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Arteta extended Nelson and nketiah. So if they not good enough why hasn’t he sold them yet? Maybe both will be sold? I doubt it

Probably because the budget is limited and they can fill in and do a job as back ups without complaining about game time. Arteta said:

"I suppose with Liverpool, they've had so many injuries anyway, but it comes down to having faith in the squad."

Implying he doesn't trust squad players

CannonBals

In terms of numbers we are well covered. We actually have more than we need.
It will be one in one out from next window. Not counting Cedric Elneny.

Nketieh -> new CF
Nelson -> new winger
Partey/ESR -> new CM
Ramsdale -> new GK
Only place we may add a body is Defence.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don’t think we need Neto. We need a striker and midfielder.

Did Klopp have a top expensive alternative to Mane and Salah? I think we are getting spoilt and too much money is being wasted.

They had Jota/Salah/Mane for a couple of years. Now they have Jota/Salah/Diaz.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wonder if we’ll go for any English/home grown players.

There’s a very strong case to move on Ramsdale, Eddie, Nelson and ESR in the summer, which would surely put us in a touch and go position with the home grown quota.

Sungod

Wonder if we’ll go for any English/home grown players.

There’s a very strong case to move on Ramsdale, Eddie, Nelson and ESR in the summer, which would surely put us in a touch and go position with the home grown quota

Squad (* homegrown)​

James Hillson*
Gabriel Martinelli*
Reiss Nelson*
Eddie Nketiah*
Aaron Ramsdale*
David Raya*
Declan Rice*
Bukayo Saka*
William Saliba*
Emile Smith Rowe*
Ben White*