• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,332
  • Views 166,165

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

As the team gets better, the group of players that can improve is gets smaller and smaller.

Am I convinced Zubi is significant upgrade on Jorginho (and Partey for the 10 games he’s fit)? No.

Is Toney significantly better than Jesus, or what Kai offers us in certain games? I’m not sure either.

For the winger, I’m not against going for a Williams or a Neto, but only once we’ve addressed CF and CM.
The planning has to be long-term also. Arsenal needs two durable long-term DMF's, and at least the other has to be able to play LCM, which Rice and Zubi can. Jorginho has had niggles this season, and Partey has to be get rid at this point. Jorginho is the Elneny kind of back up or rotation if he stays, hopefully. That's 3 good quality usually DMF's, which is required for a full season with all the competitions.

Toney doesn't have to be significantly better than Jesus. Jesus is pretty great player, but he can't stay fit currently and has to develop into a better finisher. Toney, Havertz, Jesus and Trossard is great depth for false 9, especially as Toney is the only player who can only play striker and not any other position. Again, there is a need for quality rotation. I'm fine with Sesko and Zirkzee too instead of Toney.

outlawz

There are examples of it happening the other way aswell which does make your whole point irrelevant.

The most obvious one is Coutinho tearing up the PL at Liverpool then heading to Barcelona and looking piss poor. Same with Raphinha, really. There’s also Gini Wijnaldum who looked very good in Klopp’s system then moved to Ligue 1 and 12 months later was labelled the flop of the season over there.

All about systems these days more than anything.
He said Bundesliga and Ligue 1, which is not La Liga. And he's spot on.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
All of the strikers we’ve been linked with have something not quite there if that makes sense. Not that we’ve been linked with Watkins but as been mentioned, he’s not a great fit for our style of play but at the same time he’s clearly a very good finisher. It’s all pros and cons. I’m just not that excited about any of them. Much more interested with what we do in midfield instead.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
All of the strikers we’ve been linked with have something not quite there if that makes sense. Not that we’ve been linked with Watkins but as been mentioned, he’s not a great fit for our style of play but at the same time he’s clearly a very good finisher. It’s all pros and cons. I’m just not that excited about any of them. Much more interested with what we do in midfield instead.

Might just have to go all out on Vini Jr. and move Martinelli central.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Might just have to go all out on Vini Jr. and move Martinelli central.

There’s not enough hand lotion in the world to fulfill AMs needs if that came to pass.

Ooh ooh, wait I got one.

How much do you think it would cost to get Vini Jr here? I feel like we should be able to afford top players.

drippin

Osimhen is too expensive and has had injury issues. It's similar to Neto, too expensive and too risky for the overall price for my liking.

You just buy some striker to replace Nketiah, who is better than him, a target man and bigger potential. Or Toney. Don't spend too much money there. Arsenal made a scoring record last season, and this season Arsenal likely soon leads the scoring table of EPL after the Sheffield match even with Jesus injured for a lot of it.

Like you say, the midfielder is the most important part. Plus overall quality depth.

The thing is, Havertz is a great rotational false 9 and AMF. Tall, quite technical and fast for his size, young strikers like him are always expensive. Either get Toney or Sesko or the like for cheap, use the money elsewhere, and Arsenal is cooking.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
There’s not enough hand lotion in the world to fulfill AMs needs if that came to pass.

Ooh ooh, wait I got one.

How much do you think it would cost to get Vini Jr here? I feel like we should be able to afford top players.

Let's pretend he wanted to come and we turned his head for a moment.

It's another club record fee at the very least, probably need to make him top 3 highest paid PL players.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Osimhen is too expensive and has had injury issues. It's similar to Neto, too expensive and too risky for the overall price for my liking.

You just buy some striker to replace Nketiah, who is better than him, a target man and bigger potential. Or Toney. Don't spend too much money there. Arsenal made a scoring record last season, and this season Arsenal likely soon leads the scoring table of EPL after the Sheffield match even with Jesus injured for a lot of it.

Like you say, the midfielder is the most important part. Plus overall quality depth.

The thing is, Havertz is a great rotational false 9 and AMF. Tall, quite technical and fast for his size, young strikers like him are always expensive. Either get Toney or Sesko or the like for cheap, use the money elsewhere, and Arsenal is cooking.

Yeah this is what I mean, they’ve all got sth wrong with them, even Osimhen who is the pick of the bunch solely from a quality perspective has red flags in terms of injuries. The striker market is just crap right now so we might as well just bring in a young guy with potential and spend the Ps on midfield.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That being said. If Villa do need to sell to avoid breaching FFP then Douglas Luiz is the perfect option.

Rice Luiz Jorginho gives you the perfect blend.

Rice Luiz
Rice Jorginho
Jorginho Luiz
Rice Havertz
Havertz Luiz

They all work

Isak+Luiz. No adaptation at all. We become stronger title challengers instantly.

Saliba Gabriel Kiwior
White Timber Tomi Zini

Rice Luiz Jorginho Havertz
Ødegaard Vieira

Saka Martinelli Isak
Trossard Jesus

Missing one player from that defensive group. A left back who can attack, tuck in and defend who is left footed.

drippin

That being said. If Villa do need to sell to avoid breaching FFP then Douglas Luiz is the perfect option.

Rice Luiz Jorginho gives you the perfect blend.

Rice Luiz
Rice Jorginho
Jorginho Luiz
Rice Havertz
Havertz Luiz

They all work

Isak+Luiz. No adaptation at all. We become stronger title challengers instantly.

Saliba Gabriel Kiwior
White Timber Tomi Zini

Rice Luiz Jorginho Havertz
Ødegaard Vieira

Saka Martinelli Isak
Trossard Jesus

Missing one player from that defensive group. A left back who can attack, tuck in and defend who is left footed.
Luiz has two years left in the summer. He would be a better option than Zubimendi. Zubi is only under a year younger. I still fear how much Villa would ask when they seemed to ask like 40 million pounds with a year left in contract, and when Luiz wasn't as good yet.

Newcastle paid 63 million pounds for Isak and he has a contract until 2028. Has he been linked? Seems very expensive and has had injury issues.

He has missed 160 days to injuries since joining Newcastle. No thanks from me.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Zubi > Luiz. It’s so rare to find someone’s profile like Zubimendi’s. Luiz is easy to find.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You need to remember, Zubi is a product of the Busquets academy. You only need to look at the glowing report an icon like Xavi and Iniesta have said about him. Had Barcelona not shackled themselves they’d be all over him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom