• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arthur Melo

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hope I’m proven wrong but he looks somewhat underwhelming. I know we need someone press resistant, but I’m getting more Thiago (Liverpool) vibes more so than anything, and it‘s clear that the pace of the Prem doesn’t afford you much time on the ball. Plus Thiago puts in tackles, something I haven’t seen much of with Arthur. To be fair I haven’t watched that many Juve games recently. Aren’t there more strapping and athletic chaps that can do what we need in terms of being press resistant and progressing the ball?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I do hope the club isn’t strictly looking at loan deals. I understand the winter window is challenging but these links to midfielders have been underwhelming and short-term.
It's not realistic to expect a top striker and top midfielder in January. There needs to be a compromise.

Kamara stays until the summer and leaves for free. Zakaria was rumoured to United.

Do we want to buy a stop-gap, or rather make a loan now and buy top targets in the summer, when we might have UCL to attract and many midfielders have 2 years or under in contract?

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I hope I’m proven wrong but he looks somewhat underwhelming. I know we need someone press resistant, but I’m getting more Thiago (Liverpool) vibes more so than anything, and it‘s clear that the pace of the Prem doesn’t afford you much time on the ball. Plus Thiago puts in tackles, something I haven’t seen much of with Arthur. To be fair I haven’t watched that many Juve games recently. Aren’t there more strapping and athletic chaps that can do what we need in terms of being press resistant and progressing the ball?

Jorginho copes fine with the pace of Prem. Can’t tackle neither.

Just sayin’

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jorginho copes fine with the pace of Prem. Can’t tackle neither.

Just sayin’
True, but Jorginho does actually try to tackle. Seems to me that he took quite a while to get used to the pace in the Prem too. Plus he is 4 whole inches taller :lol:, and no “size does matter“ jokes.

drippin

Since we are calling back Azeez might as well give him a shot rather than signing this paper weight.
Azeez is more ready physically than Patino, but cmon, he didn't even automatically start in League One. And look how Patino worked out at this point.

People are calling to trust on these youngsters way too early, when top 4 is at stake.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
True, but Jorginho does actually try to tackle. Seems to me that he took quite a while to get used to the pace in the Prem too. Plus he is 4 whole inches taller :lol:, and no “size does matter“ jokes.

Kante is 4ft 6. Makelelelelelele was 3ft 11. So height is irrelevant.

Arthur is actually heavier than Jorginho. Whilst it’s true Jorginho took time to adapt doesn’t mean that’ll be the case with Arthur. He could hit the ground running like fellow vertically challenged players Cazorla & Torreira for all we know.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Azeez is more ready physically than Patino, but cmon, he didn't even automatically start in League One. And look how Patino worked out at this point.

People are calling to trust on these youngsters way too early, when top 4 is at stake.

Was really surprised and disappointed at just how far off Patino looked physically. Lad needs to get on the weights.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arthur is actually heavier than Jorginho. Whilst it’s true Jorginho took time to adapt doesn’t mean that’ll be the case with Arthur. He could hit the ground running like fellow vertically challenged players Cazorla & Torreira for all we know.
Agree, height is not always the primary issue, though I miss the Vieira and Edu sized folks. Kante and Makelele type players are non-stop machines who love to tackle and do the other things that CMs should be doing besides keeping possession. I get your point though. As I said, I hope I’m proven wrong.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

I didn't remember Makelele was a muscle kid running around midfield.
I Love You Dancing GIF by Best Youth

Wrighty4eva

Established Member

It's not me calling on them, that's the state this numpty of a manager and dof have left us, they knew AFCON was coming up and the uncertainty of some of these players but once again left us exposed with this half assed summer transfer window that some fans where knocking one off too,

whose to say this Arthur will even adapt, I'm just saying I'd much rather give Azeez a chance than some washed player from Juventus, if he was any good they wouldn't even consider loaning him.

drippin

It's not me calling on them, that's the state this numpty of a manager and dof have left us, they knew AFCON was coming up and the uncertainty of some of these players but once again left us exposed with this half assed summer transfer window that some fans where knocking one off too,

whose to say this Arthur will even adapt, I'm just saying I'd much rather give Azeez a chance than some washed player from Juventus, if he was any good they wouldn't even consider loaning him.
Juventus are pretty much broke, and had Chiesa injury for the rest of the season, their best player.

Arthur has played in recent matches, and was the saving grace in Roma 3-4 victory from the bench.

You're saying a player who hasn't succeeded well in League One, should be trusted upon over a player who is a Spanish champion, and has played for a few seasons in men's games.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Believe it or not, he is far better than AMN. So having him in the team for half a season will improve the team more than keeping AMN.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
It's a funny when you compare Arthur with players like AMN and Azeez, etc ...

Of course, I am against paying 30 million or accepting obligation to buy for Arthur, but even players like Suarez and Ceballos are better than AMN and Azeez ...

REWB

You're a joker mate

Latest posts

Top Bottom