• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arthur Melo

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I feel like if we were able to buy him from Villa then Villa probably don’t rate him as a top top player, cos they’re full of notions of themselves.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I feel like if we were able to buy him from Villa then Villa probably don’t rate him as a top top player, cos they’re full of notions of themselves.
I think he been key player villa they likely going to sell him now or summer because of his contract not because of his ability.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Edu looking poor, but good from the board to deny it.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I'm seriously losing trust on edu. This sounding like wenger days when wenger was basically doing everything by himself until Ivan got better We need to get Overmars because edu apart from Brazilian market he really useless either get more experienced guy in European market.

This situation is Arteta's fault aswell. He and Edu work in tandem.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Bit of a weird reaction to an 18 month loan when most of the time people on here have called 5 month January loans pointless because the player has no time to settle. You're basically saying no to getting Arthur for about £10m for 18 months. How much do you think it's going to cost if they wanted to sign someone with his profile in the summer? Probably looking at €30m plus a 5 year contract worth about €15m (at least), with absolutely no guarantee the player will be any good.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta clearly has the final say. He went for Tomi over Emerson and Ramsdale over Neto. If Edu wants Arthur for 18 months and Arteta wants him for 6 then it isn't happening. I wouldn't be surprised if the Douglas Luiz links are true. We seem to be looking for value and 18 months left on a contract is the best value.
I don’t think Arteta or Edu has the final day. The board has. I doubt Arteta knows much about the club’s finances and like most managers will always push for more players. Arteta request players in positions. Edu and his team finds those players and the board decides in the end if it makes sense. Otherwise you are open for another Raul situation

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Bit of a weird reaction to an 18 month loan when most of the time people on here have called 5 month January loans pointless because the player has no time to settle. You're basically saying no to getting Arthur for about £10m for 18 months. How much do you think it's going to cost if they wanted to sign someone with his profile in the summer? Probably looking at €30m plus a 5 year contract worth about €15m (at least), with absolutely no guarantee the player will be any good.
What if the club were reluctant to pay whatever the loan fee was, or paying his full wages?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
This situation is Arteta's fault aswell. He and Edu work in tandem.
Its nice to have different opinions and options in your board but seem edu pretty out of touch in European market. In summer he wanted Neto and Emerson too the only respectable player we got linked with while he in charge in Guimaraes he Brazilian too

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Too many questions marks on ability and attitude.

18 months is too long to have a dickhead who's crap.

Only @GDeep™ says 5 month loans are pointless.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
What if the club were reluctant to pay whatever the loan fee was, or paying his full wages?

Could be that, but loan fees aren't usually a problem. If it was stupidly high i don't think they'd have got to the point on agreeing an 18 month loan. He has wages similar to Xhaka as well so they're high but not ridiculously high. **** knows what the problem is. I saw bellend DarrenArsenal mention maybe they don't want to loan someone for a period longer than Arteta might be here (saying he could get sacked) but then that logic gets shat on by the fact we tried to sign a striker for €70m.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Personally think it’s a bit worrying if you’ve got a technical director trying to put together a decent squad and a bunch of suits can veto whatever he tries to do. Yeah you’ve got to keep him on a short leash after the Raul debacle but I don’t see anything wrong with an 18 month loan and an option to buy. We’re losing two midfielders in the summer (4 if you include Torreira and Guendouzi).

There are whispers that some players Edu was pushing (namely tavares) and others that Arteta rated over what was scouted.

Can't remember where I read it, but it does not augur well either way. Fine to disagree on players etc., not fine to try and undermine each other.

EDIT: @The_Playmaker mentioned it in this thread already...

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If you get him for 18 months with his current wage being 125k. Forget a new midfielder in the summer. Since I doubt xhaka is going anywhere and we not gonna have Arthur fourth choice with those wages. If the club really think he is good they can just buy him as he is available. 18 month deal means you are stuck with a player you really don’t want

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Could be that, but loan fees aren't usually a problem. If it was stupidly high i don't think they'd have got to the point on agreeing an 18 month loan. He has wages similar to Xhaka as well so they're high but not ridiculously high. **** knows what the problem is. I saw bellend DarrenArsenal mention maybe they don't want to loan someone for a period longer than Arteta might be here (saying he could get sacked) but then that logic gets shat on by the fact we tried to sign a striker for €70m.

Moreover, if we pushed this hard on Vlaho to the point nothing else mattered, I wonder who was driving the deal.

All great content for All or Nothing and I hope this all goes down in flames. Too much rookieness going around.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
To be fair the deal might still happen if Arthur pushed juve to accept 6 months with option to buy. From Italian and Brazilian media they always say player is keen to join.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

This club is a joke. If you need loans every January you know something is wrong.

Now you’re trying to sign Melo for a few months and and his club are forcing you into an 18 month deal.

Not sure we need a loan at all, the board seem to agree, we're fine for midfield IMO.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not sure we need a loan at all, the board seem to agree, we're fine for midfield IMO.
True. 17 games left of the season and we have xhaka, Partey and Sambi available and el neny will come back next week as afcon champ. Unless it’s someone that’s gonna improve us it’s pointless

Latest posts

Top Bottom