• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arthur Melo

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Partey getting back from AFCON, before we have signed a midfielder, even on loan.

Is the most Arteta thing ever :lol:
Is the most Arsenal thing you mean. Arsenal are not a club capable of signing players quick and I been saying for years Arsenal enter every window with no clear plans. During the window the club figures things out. Arthur I’m convinced wasn’t even on our radar 31st of Dec

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Why not Ceballos, i ask again
Arthur is a better dribbler, a bit more technically smooth, and above all has different physical conditions (especially the balance and the 'hip' / turn** ability, where Ceballos is more clunky and less athletic in this aspect) at this point (well, I am talking about Arthur, and comparing him to Ceballos' current physical condition, and the one we saw at Arsenal).

Ceballos also lost his confidence with us and showed a Xhaka like penchant for mistakes in last half-season or more of his time here; it wouldn't be beneficial for him or us to bring him back. He needs to go to Betis to get his career back on track and given his physical state, unless he can recover some of the spring he had as a younger boy, I think that will be about the level for his career in the end.

*caveat: I haven't watched Arthur once at Juve. I'm talking about the player I saw at Barça. But looking at his stats at Juve he seems to be the same player, his stats from last season at Juve are quite good and match up with his time at Barça (lesser league, that said).

**I'm really struggling to describe this concept in English lol, but the first time I saw Arthur for Barça I fell in love, and I said to myself bufff, "qué cintura", which basically I am talking about that elegant balance with the ball at the feet and 360 short turning ability in the hips that is a really underrated characteristic of midfielders and really all of the top class ones have, especially the shorter ones (Xavi, Modric, Cazorla of course, Thiago, though not so much these days with his physical decline).

Last edited:

Arsenal4life14

A bit cheeky that coming from a club like Juventus who pretty much pay peanuts for most of their players if anything at all. We shouldnt back down to their demands. I think he is a decent player and partnered with someone like Partey could work very well, He offers something different to a lot of our midfielders, but we shouldnt over spend on him especially when there is a lot better midfielders out there at the moment.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Di marzio confirmed the story but again he say juve not convinced by letting go for straight loan.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Isn’t Elneny leaving in the summer? Xhaka too probably. Even if it’s 18 months at worst he could be a squad player I guess, could still buy a midfielder in the summer.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
What makes people think Bruno is better than Arthur anyway? Both of a similar age, Arthur capped 20+ times, Bruno 3 times. Feel there is a real player in Arthur but he's just lost his way in recent years. Seems like playing for Barcelona will do that to you.

Top Bottom