• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arthur Melo

teamsoutheast

This guy has the ability no question. He just needs to knuckle down now and enjoy his best years. reminds me of gundogan with his style. PL is a different kettle of fish though and at 5ft 7, he may struggle in this league but then agai, the likes of Bernardo Silva and Sterling seem fine.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What makes people think Bruno is better than Arthur anyway? Both of a similar age, Arthur capped 20+ times, Bruno 3 times. Feel there is a real player in Arthur but he's just lost his way in recent years. Seems like playing for Barcelona will do that to you.
Bruno is more suited to European football imo. Arthur found Italian football too physical at times while Bruno is doing well in the second most physical league in France.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Partey will be back for Burnley, Xhaka for the game after v Wolves.

Wonder if we are even targeting a midfielder now, tbh...Thomas, Granit and Sambi (and Elneny coming back soon) for only league games now and maybe 1 more cup game.

Could see us going with that and focusing on bringing in a striker this window.

Though I am really not sure what our aim is this transfer window anymore, so hard to call what we will do.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Wonder if we are even targeting a midfielder now, tbh...Thomas, Granit and Sambi (and Elneny coming back soon) for only league games now and maybe 1 more cup game.

Though I am really not sure what our aim is this transfer window anymore, so hard to call what we will do.

You are talking nonsense as per usual.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

Have to account for xhaka reds

Riou

Have to account for xhaka reds

6a00d83505a52753ef01538e68bf07970b-600wi

#EmergenciesOnly

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So strange that Juve want 18 months with OPTION to buy.
Cause he is a flop there and on huge wages. They want his wages of the books as long as they can. They know no one would actually buy him. But him being away 5 months at Arsenal and coming back with his value even less ain’t gonna help them at all

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Two midfielders rest of the season with one being injury prone and the other one an absolute idiot who can’t stay away from trouble?

Riou

Two midfielders rest of the season with one being injury prone and the other one an absolute idiot who can’t stay away from trouble?

This is exactly what the Emirate's era Arsenal always do, I feel....taking these needless risks, I just expect them now :lol:

tcahill

18 months with an option is actually a fair offer, especially for Italian club standards.

Worst case scenario is we have a slightly higher paid Elneny stuck with us on loan, best case is he fits in well and we get a very good midfielder permanently for cheap.

I'd be happy with this or just the 6 months.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is exactly what the Emirate's era Arsenal always do, I feel....taking these needless risks, I just expect them now :lol:
In the summer we will buy a striker and next January we will be short on strikers and look for one. We could possibly have 3 strikers leaving the summer and I just don’t see how the club can cover that in one window. I do also expect Laca to get a new improved contract because they know they can’t buy a whole new strike force in one window. The club is and has been badly run for a decade

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
We bought flops and make them great. I am sure if we wanted to sign Bergkamp or Viera, people would say the exact same things. Arthur is not great but can offer something we need right now. According to reports, his weekly wage is around 80k, which is also reasonable in my opinion

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Can't believe that so many are happy with Arthur coming in. Really hope I'm wrong but he has Premier League flop written all over him: small, slow, zero defensive ability; shifted on from two big clubs despite them both struggling for good midfield options... 18 months would be a big no for me

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Can't believe that so many are happy with Arthur coming in. Really hope I'm wrong but he has Premier League flop written all over him: small, slow, zero defensive ability; shifted on from two big clubs despite them both struggling for good midfield options... 18 months would be a big no for me
Yep doesn't look too good that both clubs have been wanting(?) to move him on. Not happy but with recent transfer dealings I'm trusting the club

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Yep doesn't look too good that both clubs have been wanting(?) to move him on. Not happy but with recent transfer dealings I'm trusting the club

Did Barca actively want to move him on or was it the most convenient deal to do between the two clubs? It seems like he was both good and bad at Barca and the decision to sell him was just to cook the books.

Doesn't seem to have done well at Juve to be fair, but he's still young enough that something could finally click. In any case, our midfield options are **** and it would probably be a toss of a coin between him and Xhaka.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Did Barca actively want to move him on or was it the most convenient deal to do between the two clubs? It seems like he was both good and bad at Barca and the decision to sell him was just to cook the books.

Doesn't seem to have done well at Juve to be fair, but he's still young enough that something could finally click. In any case, our midfield options are **** and it would probably be a toss of a coin between him and Xhaka.

Yeah I was thinking Barca maybe didn't want to move him, but it doesn't seem like they were hurting too much either

Top Bottom