• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arthur Melo

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
While we haven’t be able to recoup the fees we have been doing a good job at clearing out the squad.

If we aren’t convinced by Melo then it’s no different than having Kola or Mari hanging about just for the money.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What you would say about this guy is he'd always get on the ball, seems one of those high volume passer types, which we don't gave in the squad currently. Would be worried him defensively in the 4231 Arteta uses though.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What you would say about this guy is he'd always get on the ball, seems one of those high volume passer types, which we don't gave in the squad currently. Would be worried him defensively in the 4231 Arteta uses though.

Honest question, isn't that Elneny's whole schtick?

Maybe Melo carries the ball a bit more? I'm not against this for six months, but 18 is just laughable.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Maybe Melo carries the ball a bit more? I'm not against this for six months, but 18 is just laughable.

I think El Neny can only do it really when there's no pressure on him and he's right next to the CBs. By the looks of it this Arthur guy can take the ball a bit higher up the pitch in tighter areas, and yeah maybe can carry the ball a bit.

I reckon it's similar to the Ødegaard thing last year, club are keen on him and will probably make it permanent if he does well for the rest of the season

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

I think when he's playing well he's more of a progressive passer and plays a lot of passes into the final third. Also tends to bring the ball forward quite a bit. He had quite a high successful dribbles stat at Barcelona. It seems the problem with him is he can play that way in some games and then in others he goes into his shell and plays easy backwards/sideways passes.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I think when he's playing well he's more of a progressive passer and plays a lot of passes into the final third. Also tends to bring the ball forward quite a bit. He had quite a high successful dribbles stat at Barcelona. It seems the problem with him is he can play that way in some games and then in others he goes into his shell and plays easy backwards/sideways passes.

So he's tiny Willian?

Kysus

This only makes sense If there is a reasonable chance he turns out good enough to make it a permanent transfer.
Without Europe/Fa-Cup we don't need just numbers as Party/Xhaka/Sambi/Neni is enough, we need more quality.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This only makes sense If there is a reasonable chance he turns out good enough to make it a permanent transfer.
Without Europe/Fa-Cup we don't need just numbers as Party/Xhaka/Sambi/Neni is enough, we need more quality.
We don't have money for a top midfielder now when we try to buy Vlahovic.

Arthur is supposed to give a more technical option who will compete with Xhaka, making Elneny only an emergency backup.

Especially this season numbers are needed, just in case of injuries and covid. Don't want to miss top 4 just because we had to play Elneny with Sambi or Xhaka for example. That's horrible combination.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Are people hyping up the importance of physicality a bit much in the EPL now? Maybe ten years ago but is it still the same?
Physicality isn’t about size and strength. But legs and ability to move. The PL is the most athletic league in the world. Hence why someone like sancho is struggling. Arthur doesn’t have one very good physical strength and nor does he has great vision or passing. He is a typical short passing pretty looking cm that needs time. He won’t get here. Everything indicates he will fail. But the biggest red flag is when you want to loan a player for 6 months and his club says loan him for 18 months because they know you will return him in 6 months

Kysus

We don't have money for a top midfielder now when we try to buy Vlahovic.

Arthur is supposed to give a more technical option who will compete with Xhaka, making Elneny only an emergency backup.

Especially this season numbers are needed, just in case of injuries and covid. Don't want to miss top 4 just because we had to play Elneny with Sambi or Xhaka for example. That's horrible combination.
It's very unlikely that Arthur would hit the ground running as the adjustment period for the premier League is generally quite difficult for the more technical players.
If it was only about covering for the next 6 month we would need someone who is already adjusted to the league(like wijnaldum)

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Physicality isn’t about size and strength. But legs and ability to move. The PL is the most athletic league in the world. Hence why someone like sancho is struggling. Arthur doesn’t have one very good physical strength and nor does he has great vision or passing. He is a typical short passing pretty looking cm that needs time. He won’t get here. Everything indicates he will fail. But the biggest red flag is when you want to loan a player for 6 months and his club says loan him for 18 months because they know you will return him in 6 months
Sounds like he is another ceballos - can't run or find a good pass. Can't say Im exicted by the idea of another immobile, weak player without any vision in our midfield. Probably doesn't like to defend either from what I am guessing.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sounds like he is another ceballos - can't run or find a good pass. Can't say Im exicted by the idea of another immobile, weak player without any vision in our midfield. Probably doesn't like to defend either from what I am guessing.
Ceballos is definitely better at moving around. Ceballos was slow and one paced. But like old train he gets there eventually. This guy has poor stamina

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Ceballos is definitely better at moving around. Ceballos was slow and one paced. But like old train he gets there eventually. This guy has poor stamina

You’re too obsessed with physicality my friend. Most of the best players to play this sport have had physical limitations. And most of the biggest donkeys had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You’re too obsessed with physicality my friend. Most of the best players to play this sport have had physical limitations. And most of the biggest donkeys had the makings of a varsity athlete.
No I’m saying in his position in the pl you need physicality unless you have other world class strengths. Which he doesn’t. I know it’s exciting to be linked with new player. But take a look at the player. Why is he available on loan in January? Why do they want 18 month loan for him. He is huge burden on them financially and isn’t improving them one bit. This is the weakest juve team in over a decade as well

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
No I’m saying in his position in the pl you need physicality unless you have other world class strengths. Which he doesn’t. I know it’s exciting to be linked with new player. But take a look at the player. Why is he available on loan in January? Why do they want 18 month loan for him. He is huge burden on them financially and isn’t improving them one bit. This is the weakest juve team in over a decade as well

Why was that fecking idiot Tielemans available on loan in January when he was at Monaco?

There’s all sorts of possible reasons. Maybe he doesn’t suit the system Allegri wants to play. Maybe he’s not suited to Italian football full stop. Maybe he’s lost confidence and just needs a fresh change of environment. Not saying Arthur will come in and smash it but let’s give him a chance.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Why was that fecking idiot Tielemans available on loan in January when he was at Monaco?

There’s all sorts of possible reasons. Maybe he doesn’t suit the system Allegri wants to play. Maybe he’s not suited to Italian football full stop. Maybe he’s lost confidence and just needs a fresh change of environment. Not saying Arthur will come in and smash it but let’s give him a chance.
Because he was poor in France and they wanted to loan him out in hope he increases his value. At Monaco his value was going down. I find Tilesman overrated as well. Ndidi is the star of that midfield

Top Bottom