• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arthur Melo

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Big assumption.

But if he is, then they must see something in him that Juve management don’t. And they might be right.
And the Barca coaches didn’t either. Arteta sees something no one at juve and Barca saw and most people who watched him. Lool is that what he saw in Cedric when Southampton had him as backup?

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
He has 21 caps for Brazil, Barcelona paid £40m for him, I’m not saying this makes him Maradona but it would indicate some level of ability.
If we had been linked with Bergkamp after 3 goals in a season (or whatever it was) this place would be in meltdown, Henry would have been considered a Juve reject. They didn’t want him.
Sometimes talented players go places and look bad, maybe they’re not happy there, maybe they don’t suit the league or the system, it happens. He was identified by Sarri for his specific way of playing and then Sarri got sacked shortly after and the other managers didn’t really fancy him for whatever reason.
Just to repeat, I’m not saying he’ll be amazing but we are desperate for midfielders, it’s January, it’s a loan, I don’t see too much to be annoyed about.
Let’s just wait and see.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
He has 21 caps for Brazil, Barcelona paid £40m for him, I’m not saying this makes him Maradona but it would indicate some level of ability.
If we had been linked with Bergkamp after 3 goals in a season (or whatever it was) this place would be in meltdown, Henry would have been considered a Juve reject. They didn’t want him.
Sometimes talented players go places and look bad, maybe they’re not happy there, maybe they don’t suit the league or the system, it happens. He was identified by Sarri for his specific way of playing and then Sarri got sacked shortly after and the other managers didn’t really fancy him for whatever reason.
Just to repeat, I’m not saying he’ll be amazing but we are desperate for midfielders, it’s January, it’s a loan, I don’t see too much to be annoyed about.
Let’s just wait and see.

Plagiarism noted.

Post in thread 'Arthur Melo'
Rumour - Arthur Melo

HomeSteak

Established Member
So we wanted a simple 6 month loan, Juve wanted 18 months and an option to buy, in steps Edu...he kills them, we end up with him on a 18 months deal with obligation to buy. Has he done it again? I think so.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Weird one. It's not a stop gap signing and it's not a long term one.

Guys obviously got talent but when Juve seem desperate to push it to an 18 month loan you've got to ask a few questions as to why.

Talent wise he comes on as our 2nd/ 3rd best CM but some big question marks around his attitude and suitability to the PL. Physically I think he might struggle a bit. Bit of a Xhaka style stat padder too by the looks of it.

If we weren't desperate for CM reinforcements I'd be more again this move.

Not sure this guy living in London is good either to be honest 😁

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Let’s just wait and see.

Fred has 23 caps for Brazil and United paid £50 million for him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Shouldn't be any obligation to buy. Option OK. But no obligation. There's probably better midfielders than him. I've heard people talk about Bentacur and seems he's in talks with Villa for 16m.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I think 18 months makes very good sense for us tbh, depending on wages and loan fee and as long as it's not an obligation. We're short in midfield and need someone right now. By all accounts Xhaka doesn't want to be here and if we're to move him on in the summer and have a loanee that also leaves we're looking at 2 cms, 2 strikers, backup rb, backup keeper and potentially a winger/am. That's a lot of business to be done, as well as a lot of spend. I'd rather get a long term stop gap in now for smaller investment that let's us focus our efforts in the summer window on getting a very high quality cm and a very high quality cf. For that reason alone I'd also extend Laca.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Fred has 23 caps for Brazil and United paid £50 million for him.

Artur seems a better passer, some of Fred’s passing is atrocious, but on the other hand every points to this guy struggling with the physicality of the PL

Tir Na Nog

Artur seems a better passer, some of Fred’s passing is atrocious, but on the other hand every points to this guy struggling with the physicality of the PL

I've no doubt Artur is better just that the caps/price argument kinda falls apart.

Tir Na Nog

Yes and Fred(while I don't really rate him) is definitely better than lokonga/AMN . So if we could get Fred on an 18 month loan, it would be a decent deal for us.

No it wouldn't. It'd be pointless as we'd only want him playing as a last result. Similar to Lokonga/AMN.

We should only be signing players who can have a significant impact. Not that I'm saying Arthur won't be just pointing out how many caps he has and that he cost a lot isn't enough to suggest he can do that.

blrgooner

Established Member
No it wouldn't. It'd be pointless as we'd only want him playing as a last result. Similar to Lokonga/AMN.

We should only be signing players who can have a significant impact. Not that I'm saying Arthur won't be just pointing out how many caps he has and that he cost a lot isn't enough to suggest he can do that.
Agree with the general idea. but we are ridiculously short in the midfield and it's difficult to sign high quality players in January. So i am only expecting a stop gap solution.
I do agree price and caps is not a great argument, but i don't see how we can compare in terms of achievements alone someone like AMN(in the midfield) and someone like Arthur either

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kind of looks a similar player to Cazorla when he dropped deeper. Not saying he's as good but he seems the guy that's really press resistant and passes the ball forward.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
So why would he go from backup at juve to backup Arsenal? Arthur is the midfielder we gonna sign in the summer just moved forward
We're signing him on loan. Definitely leaves room for another midfield signing. Though I agree, he will compete with whoever arrives in the summer for a first team position, don't think he'll be viewing himself as a backup. If we get Europe there'll be plenty of games to go around.

Goonger

I'm still not sure that this will happen. The other day Allegri said Arthur will stay, Ramsey will leave. Now Villa are negotiating for Bentancur, why would Juve change their stance & allow Arthur to leave?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
:applause: Nobody has any idea if he will succeed here but we need another midfielder.
Its very little risk getting him on loan.
We are obviously trying to sign him & a quality CF

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
:applause: Nobody has any idea if he will succeed here but we need another midfielder.
Its very little risk getting him on loan.
We are obviously trying to sign him & a quality CF

I don't know why people are so torn on him. He is even being compared to Elneny.

This guy can turn on a 6 pence and he takes responsibility on the ball. He will literally blow minds after the crap we have seen for years.

Our two best midfielders are so thick they can get sent off with 5 mins to go after coming on for 10, or be sent off multiple times in a season. Then we havea youngster who shouldn't have the weight on his shoulders and Elneny. ****ing Elneny.

Arthur or Elneny. Not a hard choice is it.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't know why people are so torn on him. He is even being compared to Elneny.

This guy can turn on a 6 pence and he takes responsibility on the ball. He will literally blow minds after the crap we have seen for years.

Our two best midfielders are so thick they can get sent off with 5 mins to go after coming on for 10, or be sent off multiple times in a season. Then we havea youngster who shouldn't have the weight on his shoulders and Elneny. ****ing Elneny.

Arthur or Elneny. Not a hard choice is it.

The whole “not wanted/failed at Barca or Juve” argument is dumb as well. Juve have 4 or 5 midfielders who’d walk into our squad. Barca probably had the same amount at the time they got rid of him as well.

Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom