<

Ashburton Grove

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by faki00, Jun 2, 2004.

1. faki00

faki00 New Member

I need some info. I'm doing a project on Arsenal and i was wondering if any one had any information regarding ashburton grove. I need a website that has a working model of our home to be. Thanks any info would be gretly appreciated.

2. UlsterBranch

UlsterBranch New Member

Obviously use the official site

then search in google for Benfica's new stadium

3. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah New Member Elite

4. baccy_man

baccy_man Active Member

5. Evil Dragon

Evil Dragon New Member

Is Our staduim going to look exactly like Benfica's Stadium then ?

6. Gunnsie

Gunnsie New Member

yes, except it will have 5000 less seats inside.

7. Arjan

Arjan New Member Trusted

I thought is was going to look like the olympic stadium in Sydney, where the held the opening ceremony :?:

8. Adam

Adam New Member Elite

We will have 15 000 less than the Benfica stadium.

9. Asterix

Asterix New Member Elite

Not quite - was designed by same people though. Sydney Olympic stadium was much bigger (110,000 for Olympics, 80,000 now) but is not a true football stadium. It can host athletics, Aussie Rules, even cricket.

10. Gooner_Milton

Gooner_Milton New Member

Anybody know if our stadium will have the expansion capabilities? 60 000 may seem a lot when compared to 38 000 but what with the long wait for tickets and the huge Arsenal following, I was actually expecting something bigger. Not Nou Camp size (100 000) but definitely on parity with Old Trashford when the Mancs are done expanding (80 000?)

11. Arjan

Arjan New Member Trusted

Thanks

12. Asterix

Asterix New Member Elite

I read on another thread a few months ago that it does have some expansion capacity but we're limited by noise regulations etc. 60,000 was seen as an acceptable size in order to get it through Council.

13. Gooner_Milton

Gooner_Milton New Member

ah thanks.

pity really. I think even if the stadium were to be built up to a 100 000 capacity, it'll still be filled up.

14. Sonic Youth

Sonic Youth New Member

noise regulations for a football stadium? thats the most riduculous thing i've ever heard (well ok....the second most riduculous thing, i once heard someone say tottenham were a big team, but) and 6.000 newcastle fans make more noise than 60.000 arsenal fans. i think the new stadium should have been bigger, i think the club wasn't able to build a larger stadium because of a lack of many. we could fill a stadium for a 100.000 people every week.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

u dont really want to be like the olympic stadium in sydney, your too far from the action there unless u got really good seats i'd be really awesome if we built it like the colluseum tho
    puhehe

16. Jose_Reyes_2005

Jose_Reyes_2005 New Member Trusted

Question .... What are all those buildings right next to the stadium for ? Are they just normal buildingz or do they hav sumthing to do with us?

Also, whats the bridge for ?

17. westo

westo New Member

Anyone know if the stadium is being built so it can be easily expanded if it needs be.

18. Jose_Reyes_2005

Jose_Reyes_2005 New Member Trusted

I think i read in a match programme that the stadium is designed in a way that it cannot be expanded.

Anyway, a 60,000 capacity is fantastic - Only thing that pisses me off is that it still wont be bigger than the mancs theatre of queens .... ;D

19. ulto

ulto New Member

think i read somewhere that there is an easy option to expand to another 5000 but after that i suppose it would be very hard to expanmd from a structural engineering point of view

benfica has a capacicty of 65000 so ours will be 5000 less

20. Gooner_Milton

Gooner_Milton New Member

Ah well.

At the end of the day, 60 000 is still a far cry from 38 000.