• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vin de guerre

go49oner said:
I wish I had 30 million quid lying around. I would immediately buy Ashley Cole from Arsenal, thus ending the player’s sad torment. I would set him to work around the house, cleaning out the gerbil’s cage, sweeping up leaves, hoovering and so on. And he would be a wonderful ice-breaker at parties. “What’s that whining thing up on the mantelpiece?” guests would inquire, intrigued. “That’s the former Arsenal and England full-back, Ashley Cole,” I would reply, proudly. “And that’s his missus in the downstairs loo. We use her as a toilet roll-holder.”

as much as i hate the C*nt, but that's a bit to personal. the writer has gone 1 step to far, me thinks.

:lol: :lol:

I personally think Ron hit the nail on the head. I agree with him so much I have put this quote on my desktop as the "wallpaper for the day". Although Ms Tweedy would be the toilet brush in my household! :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
_scorpion_ said:
Big Poppa said:
_scorpion_ said:
He won't be playing Cole if he's leaving and that is simple. Best player for the position or not you can expect this 'situation' to end soon.

As I said before, the only thing Arsène is responsible for is getting the right result for the club. Politics and everything else take a back seat to that. He will only care about having the strongest team he can possibly play.

There are no in-betweens regarding Cole staying or going. Cole is either an Arsenal player or he isn't. The only reason Arsène would not play Ashley was if he felt that the player could not be 100% focused on his performance or was not yet in the right physical condition - not to try and avoid making him cup-tied in any prospective transfer.

If he is an Arsenal player and Arsène feels he is able to be an important factor in achieving his aim of getting the right result then I promise you, he will play.

Like I said - Cashley wont play because of 'fitness' concerns.

You best start believing in club politics because it does exist. A clubs history is more important than any players ego.

Undoubtedly politics exist, but whether Cole travels or not will have little to do with that. His mental and physical state however, will. If he's not in the right frame of mind or severely lacking in match sharpness, he stays home. It's not to the benefit of the team that he goes.

It does seem that there is maybe something going on behind the scenes because the club and player have been awfully quiet about everything since he got back from his honeymoon (whilst they were very quick to deny the Reyes speculation) - but still, I'd prefer not to read between the lines because if you believe the tabloids then this 'deal' should have been completed by last Thursday.

Either way, the stakes tomorrow are incredibly high and It's imperative for the boss to focus on the players that he has who are fit, ready and able to play. Dinamo are particularly dangerous down the right side of midfield, so whoever plays at left-back needs to be particularly sharp.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Goonergirl said:
Yeah I also thought it was bit far, kind of suprising considering the writer does not even support Arsenal.
Don't you believe it was the arsenal board that compiled that article. :lol:

PassionArsenal

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_1393267,00.html
Well, Cole included in the squad to uefa.. doesnt mean that he will be playing for us.... but why include him? Does Wenger feel that Cole "might" feel like staying? I hope not...

Will we still be able to replace Cole's place in the uefa squad list when he eventually leaves?(Traore) I wouldnt want an empty spot just because of Cole.

Summer signing Tomas Rosicky, the Czech Republic midfielder, could make his competitive debut against the Croats.
Wheee... i can finally see Rosicky play in an Arsenal shirt.. :D

_scorpion_

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
_scorpion_ said:
Big Poppa said:
_scorpion_ said:
He won't be playing Cole if he's leaving and that is simple. Best player for the position or not you can expect this 'situation' to end soon.

As I said before, the only thing Arsène is responsible for is getting the right result for the club. Politics and everything else take a back seat to that. He will only care about having the strongest team he can possibly play.

There are no in-betweens regarding Cole staying or going. Cole is either an Arsenal player or he isn't. The only reason Arsène would not play Ashley was if he felt that the player could not be 100% focused on his performance or was not yet in the right physical condition - not to try and avoid making him cup-tied in any prospective transfer.

If he is an Arsenal player and Arsène feels he is able to be an important factor in achieving his aim of getting the right result then I promise you, he will play.

Like I said - Cashley wont play because of 'fitness' concerns.

You best start believing in club politics because it does exist. A clubs history is more important than any players ego.

Undoubtedly politics exist, but whether Cole travels or not will have little to do with that. His mental and physical state however, will. If he's not in the right frame of mind or severely lacking in match sharpness, he stays home. It's not to the benefit of the team that he goes.

It does seem that there is maybe something going on behind the scenes because the club and player have been awfully quiet about everything since he got back from his honeymoon (whilst they were very quick to deny the Reyes speculation) - but still, I'd prefer not to read between the lines because if you believe the tabloids then this 'deal' should have been completed by last Thursday.

Either way, the stakes tomorrow are incredibly high and It's imperative for the boss to focus on the players that he has who are fit, ready and able to play. Dinamo are particularly dangerous down the right side of midfield, so whoever plays at left-back needs to be particularly sharp.

Listen...Cole is not playing because he wants a move to Chelsea. Its old news. Its been the case since the tapping up scandal and was pretty much set in stone when his contract was enhanced.

It has nothing to do with lack of fitness, sharpness or whats best for the team at the moment etc. I don't know why that is difficult for you to believe. Arsène was the only person who had the desire to keep him....but that died down after repeatedly asking the ****** to drop his court efforts and book....but thise plea's fell on deaf ears.

He WAS headin to Madrid, but for Perez getting the axe. At that time Chelsea were about to sign Kaladze....but that move stalled.

So when he doesnt play in Zagreb, whether you want to believe it or not, the reason behind his failure to play is because he wants out. Not a lack of fitness, sharpness etc.

I'm just sick of reading the crap being spouted about people who just want him to stay at the club. Fvck him I say. Dien was right from day 1. Arsène was more patient....but the sooner that little ****** leaves the better.

I think we have more than adequate cover for left back if/when cole goes. With Clichy coming back october/november would be my first choice. Hoyte looks good there and I really rate him, hope he becomes the english phillip lahm (right footed left back) and kicks cole out the england team, lol, I know...would be funny though. Traore looks a very exciting prospect, give him a couple of years and he will be first choice, i predict.

So i say take the £20-25m and spend it on strengthening the squad in other areas. For example a centre back and defensive midfielder.

All i see is wenger keeping his faith in the youth and not buying anyone.

lets hope so. If he doesn't go, then the whole season will be disrupted with rumours. We all saw what happened with henry last season and that was very painful. We need no drama this season and get rid of all the bad eggs (Cole). Fresh season, fresh start.

AGooner

I keep waking up hoping today is the day we finally get shot of that dildo, this has gone on too long. The little b*gger is probably loving all the press coverage he's getting. What he doesn't realise is that it's only going to be bad press from now on.

Hope he gets b*ttf*cked by Chelsea, although he'd probably enjoy it.

P.S. props to the Times article, the writer may not be a gooner, but he's sees the wood for the trees.

BigBoss

I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier but anyone realize that chelsea are in fact winner in case of the tapping up as they are getting the player they wanted from a rival and money is not a problem for them.....Anyway hope gallas does the same with them and come to arsenal........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom