• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstew

Harding said:
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=408356&CPID=5&clid=3&lid=2&title=Cole+left+behind+by+Gunners

nail in the coffin lads!
How does one hammer a nail in a coffin that has already been buried?

Fredrock

"they have damaged (perhaps irreparably in some cases) the careers of some of Britain’s brightest footballers — Shaun Wright-Phillips, Scott Parker, Carlton Cole, Wayne Bridge, Glen Johnson and so on."

Spt on! Why is it always us who are blamed for ruining the future stars of English football by having none? At least we don't buy them and, by letting them rot in the reserves, ruin their careers.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
_scorpion_ said:
Big Poppa said:
_scorpion_ said:
Big Poppa said:
_scorpion_ said:
He won't be playing Cole if he's leaving and that is simple. Best player for the position or not you can expect this 'situation' to end soon.

As I said before, the only thing Arsène is responsible for is getting the right result for the club. Politics and everything else take a back seat to that. He will only care about having the strongest team he can possibly play.

There are no in-betweens regarding Cole staying or going. Cole is either an Arsenal player or he isn't. The only reason Arsène would not play Ashley was if he felt that the player could not be 100% focused on his performance or was not yet in the right physical condition - not to try and avoid making him cup-tied in any prospective transfer.

If he is an Arsenal player and Arsène feels he is able to be an important factor in achieving his aim of getting the right result then I promise you, he will play.

Like I said - Cashley wont play because of 'fitness' concerns.

You best start believing in club politics because it does exist. A clubs history is more important than any players ego.

Undoubtedly politics exist, but whether Cole travels or not will have little to do with that. His mental and physical state however, will. If he's not in the right frame of mind or severely lacking in match sharpness, he stays home. It's not to the benefit of the team that he goes.

It does seem that there is maybe something going on behind the scenes because the club and player have been awfully quiet about everything since he got back from his honeymoon (whilst they were very quick to deny the Reyes speculation) - but still, I'd prefer not to read between the lines because if you believe the tabloids then this 'deal' should have been completed by last Thursday.

Either way, the stakes tomorrow are incredibly high and It's imperative for the boss to focus on the players that he has who are fit, ready and able to play. Dinamo are particularly dangerous down the right side of midfield, so whoever plays at left-back needs to be particularly sharp.

Listen...Cole is not playing because he wants a move to Chelsea. Its old news. Its been the case since the tapping up scandal and was pretty much set in stone when his contract was enhanced.

It has nothing to do with lack of fitness, sharpness or whats best for the team at the moment etc. I don't know why that is difficult for you to believe. Arsène was the only person who had the desire to keep him....but that died down after repeatedly asking the ****** to drop his court efforts and book....but thise plea's fell on deaf ears.

He WAS headin to Madrid, but for Perez getting the axe. At that time Chelsea were about to sign Kaladze....but that move stalled.

So when he doesnt play in Zagreb, whether you want to believe it or not, the reason behind his failure to play is because he wants out. Not a lack of fitness, sharpness etc.

I'm just sick of reading the crap being spouted about people who just want him to stay at the club. Fvck him I say. Dien was right from day 1. Arsène was more patient....but the sooner that little ****** leaves the better.

Read what I posted properly Scorpion. I think you're letting your emotions get the better of you son. What I've said wasn't influenced by my stance over Cole staying or going or however well I know him (though this is a small reason why I'm loathe to join in with the tedious name-calling), so sorry that it is so sickening for you to read. I've said from the start that I don't want to make any strong judgements until the player has actually gone and more light is shed on the situation starting from Cole himself.

What I was mentioning just now was the fact that regardless of that particular situation - he won't be played tomorrow if, in the manager's opinion, he's not able to do a job for the team first, foremost and primarily. Same for Theo, same for Henry. Same for anybody else.

Whether or not that has something to do with this supposedly impending transfer or anything else is another issue entirely and descends into an arena that Wenger doesn't particularly get involved in when there is such an important game to think about.

If he goes to Chelsea, he goes to Chelsea but he would not have been ruled out of contention of tomorrow's game even if he told Arsène that he wants to leave but Arsène felt that he was ready to play. As long as he is under contract, he is obliged to do so. If this was just about Cole going to Chelsea, Wenger could have easily left him out of the initial squad that he announced on Friday altogether. Then I hear it's because the club wanted to call Chelsea's bluff.. well the only one that picks the team is Wenger. No bluff calling needed, Arsenal will get the fee they want for Cole because it's Arsenal who will decide whether or not he leaves, and who he is sold to.

**** newspaper gossip. This what I am interested in.

Arsène Wenger said:
“I have spoken to him like I do to all the players, not more and not less about being transferred or not.

“The Cole problem is not a big worry for me at the moment. The player is a very important player for the Club, and if one day we sell him, I will inform you I promise you.

“But there is one thing for a player wanting to leave and there is another thing to sell a player. You need the three parties to agree.

“At the moment we just focus on the players who can play tomorrow. He is a great player, but a great player who does not play cannot help you.”

For someone wanting Cole to stay they'll see it as Arsène saying he still wants to keep him because he's said that Cole is "a very important player for the club", indicating that he's still in his plans. For someone who wants Cole to **** off they will see it as Arsène being resigned to the fact that Cole will be going to Chelsea and the only remaining problem is for a financial agreement to be reached.

I prefer to stay away from both assumptions until something actually happens, a deal may or may not happen but this has gone on far too long and I don't think Wenger is the only one running out of patience with it.

AGooner

You've probably heard this one before, but I think it's rather appropriate for this thread.........

When the body was first made, all the parts wanted to be Boss.

The brain said, "I should be boss because I control the whole body's responses and functions."

The feet said, "We should be Boss as we carry the brain about and get him to where he wants to go."

The hands said, "We should be the boss because we do all the work and earn all the money."

And so it went on and on with the heart, the lungs, and the eyes until finally the Ar**hole spoke up. All parts of the body laughed at the idea of the Ar**hole being the Boss. So the Ar**hole went on strike, blocked itself up and refused to work.

Within a short time the eyes became crossed, the hands clenched, the feet twitched, the heart and lungs began to panic and the brain fevered. Eventually they all decided that the Ar**hole should be the boss, so the motion was passed.

Do you think the Ash Cole will be the boss?

gun4glory

AGooner said:
You've probably heard this one before, but I think it's rather appropriate for this thread.........

When the body was first made, all the parts wanted to be Boss.

The brain said, "I should be boss because I control the whole body's responses and functions."

The feet said, "We should be Boss as we carry the brain about and get him to where he wants to go."

The hands said, "We should be the boss because we do all the work and earn all the money."

And so it went on and on with the heart, the lungs, and the eyes until finally the Ar**hole spoke up. All parts of the body laughed at the idea of the Ar**hole being the Boss. So the Ar**hole went on strike, blocked itself up and refused to work.

Within a short time the eyes became crossed, the hands clenched, the feet twitched, the heart and lungs began to panic and the brain fevered. Eventually they all decided that the Ar**hole should be the boss, so the motion was passed.

Do you think the Ash Cole will be the boss?
With that logic, yes :lol:

Glass_Heart

Fredrock said:
"they have damaged (perhaps irreparably in some cases) the careers of some of Britain’s brightest footballers — Shaun Wright-Phillips, Scott Parker, Carlton Cole, Wayne Bridge, Glen Johnson and so on."

Spt on! Why is it always us who are blamed for ruining the future stars of English football by having none? At least we don't buy them and, by letting them rot in the reserves, ruin their careers.

I don't know but maybe it is just my own sentiments. I always get the niggling feeling that majority of our critics are simply jealous of the way Arsenal football is played. On our day, it is irrebuttable that Arsenal has the unrivalled abilities to play the most scintillating and tantalising football, and most, not all, English players do not have the technical abilities to attain that.

That's why the they hold Arsenal culpable of being destroyers of English football. What a joke.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
_scorpion_ said:
Big Poppa said:
_scorpion_ said:
Big Poppa said:
_scorpion_ said:
He won't be playing Cole if he's leaving and that is simple. Best player for the position or not you can expect this 'situation' to end soon.

As I said before, the only thing Arsène is responsible for is getting the right result for the club. Politics and everything else take a back seat to that. He will only care about having the strongest team he can possibly play.

There are no in-betweens regarding Cole staying or going. Cole is either an Arsenal player or he isn't. The only reason Arsène would not play Ashley was if he felt that the player could not be 100% focused on his performance or was not yet in the right physical condition - not to try and avoid making him cup-tied in any prospective transfer.

If he is an Arsenal player and Arsène feels he is able to be an important factor in achieving his aim of getting the right result then I promise you, he will play.

Like I said - Cashley wont play because of 'fitness' concerns.

You best start believing in club politics because it does exist. A clubs history is more important than any players ego.

Undoubtedly politics exist, but whether Cole travels or not will have little to do with that. His mental and physical state however, will. If he's not in the right frame of mind or severely lacking in match sharpness, he stays home. It's not to the benefit of the team that he goes.

It does seem that there is maybe something going on behind the scenes because the club and player have been awfully quiet about everything since he got back from his honeymoon (whilst they were very quick to deny the Reyes speculation) - but still, I'd prefer not to read between the lines because if you believe the tabloids then this 'deal' should have been completed by last Thursday.

Either way, the stakes tomorrow are incredibly high and It's imperative for the boss to focus on the players that he has who are fit, ready and able to play. Dinamo are particularly dangerous down the right side of midfield, so whoever plays at left-back needs to be particularly sharp.

Listen...Cole is not playing because he wants a move to Chelsea. Its old news. Its been the case since the tapping up scandal and was pretty much set in stone when his contract was enhanced.

It has nothing to do with lack of fitness, sharpness or whats best for the team at the moment etc. I don't know why that is difficult for you to believe. Arsène was the only person who had the desire to keep him....but that died down after repeatedly asking the ****** to drop his court efforts and book....but thise plea's fell on deaf ears.

He WAS headin to Madrid, but for Perez getting the axe. At that time Chelsea were about to sign Kaladze....but that move stalled.

So when he doesnt play in Zagreb, whether you want to believe it or not, the reason behind his failure to play is because he wants out. Not a lack of fitness, sharpness etc.

I'm just sick of reading the crap being spouted about people who just want him to stay at the club. Fvck him I say. Dien was right from day 1. Arsène was more patient....but the sooner that little ****** leaves the better.

Read what I posted properly Scorpion. I think you're letting your emotions get the better of you son. What I've said wasn't influenced by my stance over Cole staying or going or however well I know him (though this is a small reason why I'm loathe to join in with the tedious name-calling), so sorry that it is so sickening for you to read. I've said from the start that I don't want to make any strong judgements until the player has actually gone and more light is shed on the situation starting from Cole himself.

What I was mentioning just now was the fact that regardless of that particular situation - he won't be played tomorrow if, in the manager's opinion, he's not able to do a job for the team first, foremost and primarily. Same for Theo, same for Henry. Same for anybody else.

Whether or not that has something to do with this supposedly impending transfer or anything else is another issue entirely and descends into an arena that Wenger doesn't particularly get involved in when there is such an important game to think about.

If he goes to Chelsea, he goes to Chelsea but he would not have been ruled out of contention of tomorrow's game even if he told Arsène that he wants to leave but Arsène felt that he was ready to play. As long as he is under contract, he is obliged to do so. If this was just about Cole going to Chelsea, Wenger could have easily left him out of the initial squad that he announced on Friday altogether. Then I hear it's because the club wanted to call Chelsea's bluff.. well the only one that picks the team is Wenger. No bluff calling needed, Arsenal will get the fee they want for Cole because it's Arsenal who will decide whether or not he leaves, and who he is sold to.

f**k newspaper gossip. This what I am interested in.

Arsène Wenger said:
“I have spoken to him like I do to all the players, not more and not less about being transferred or not.

“The Cole problem is not a big worry for me at the moment. The player is a very important player for the Club, and if one day we sell him, I will inform you I promise you.

“But there is one thing for a player wanting to leave and there is another thing to sell a player. You need the three parties to agree.

“At the moment we just focus on the players who can play tomorrow. He is a great player, but a great player who does not play cannot help you.”

For someone wanting Cole to stay they'll see it as Arsène saying he still wants to keep him because he's said that Cole is "a very important player for the club", indicating that he's still in his plans. For someone who wants Cole to f**k off they will see it as Arsène being resigned to the fact that Cole will be going to Chelsea and the only remaining problem is for a financial agreement to be reached.

I prefer to stay away from both assumptions until something actually happens, a deal may or may not happen but this has gone on far too long and I don't think Wenger is the only one running out of patience with it.

This may come as a shock to you , but Arsène never always says what he means.

Cole is not fit to play for Arsenal....I agree. He has never been fit to play for Arsenal. Not with his attitude, his lack of intelligence and his manner.

Sit tight and wait for the transfer if you wish...at the end of the day there is nothing anyone can do about it so were all in the same boat.

But answer this one question for me and I'll leave you alone....

Would you take him back and play him at LB if Chelsea turn away from the deal?

I wouldnt. Best left back or not ........he is not fit to play for Arsenal.

cesc2007

seems arsenal are desperate to get rid of cole

chelsea are smart and waiting for arsenal to drop the fee to get rid of him and also know we need players for the season

this way they can take cole and **** our season up. Personally i blame wenger for putting us in this situation

LeRon

cesc2007 said:

chelsea are smart and waiting for arsenal to drop the fee to get rid of him and also know we need players for the season

this way they can take cole and f**k our season up. Personally i blame wenger for putting us in this situation

Ha ha ha! When did you become a "persistant annoyance"? You do talk rubbish though!!

Glass_Heart

cesc2007 said:

this way they can take cole and f**k our season up. Personally i blame wenger for putting us in this situation

Seriously, you shouldn't be labelled as a persistence annoyance.

Persistent Rubbish suits you better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom