• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-d

Established Member
Very worrying. But surely he must understand the situation Ashley has put the club in and those comments if true aren't helpful.

famous no 10

Established Member
Well, of course it's a huge loss...but seeing as most of us {fans} hate the little c**t now, and the whole saga is unsettling for the club, then what are we supposed to do?

He wants to go, so sell him...can't see any road back now for him, and I'd have to argue that the loss is nowhere near as big as Paddy, as he was the club captain, we loved him etc.

jay-d

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
Well, of course it's a huge loss...but seeing as most of us {fans} hate the little c**t now, and the whole saga is unsettling for the club, then what are we supposed to do?

He wants to go, so sell him...can't see any road back now for him, and I'd have to argue that the loss is nowhere near as big as Paddy, as he was the club captain, we loved him etc.

It's not really about the fans though, when big players leave it effects the other players and that is what I believe Thierry is saying, but like I said surely he realises Cole is the villian in this whole piece and needs to be sold because if he's not he WILL walk out of the club for free when his contract ends.

patrick42uk

Established Member
from the supposed vieira text and henry's behaviour towards cole at highbury's last game, i think he has the sympathy of some if not all the players.

the fans see players as mercenaries. players look at themsleves as employees in a unique situation. a job with a relatively short life span and the opportunity to earn obscence amounts in that time. they look to take advantage of it.

RC8

Established Member
Indeed, selling Cole would be terrible for our defense, but I think that the team chemistry that will develop if we sell him will balance that. If he stays then we should behave correctly with him, as if not, as I've mentioned before, we would be harming the team.

Mr_LDoubleU

Wenger doesnt want cole to go but cole's demands and stuborness may leave him no choice but to let him go unless things can be sorted which i highly doubt.

gunner_down_under

completely agree with every word Thierry's said.........................

he's a **** and everybody knows that, and I know people are going to say we'll get 20mill for him, but tis not like we're short of cash or if we'd even use it to buy other players.

so, if he doesnt like it, let him rot these couple of years in the reserves, but if he makes the switch to Stamford bridge, they will have an almost air tight defence and we can say goodbye to the season before it even starts!

OneProudGooner

Established Member
I don't really want him to leave right now what with the players that have left this summer and our ijnuries. You don't find many quality experienced left backs like him around and the closest thing we have to him is Clichy who seems to have picked up where Aliadiere left off. I think Wenger thinks so aswell but he will have to sell if he is really that eager to leave and I'm sure we won't act like complete ****s like how Chelski handled the whole Gallas situation.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What Thierry said about Ash matters little. Ash doesn't want to play for Arsenal at all. The purpose of Ash's autobiography is to make sure the club will not keep him. Thierry should have seen that.

The team had gone to the CL Final without Ash for half time of the season. Since Ash's tap-up incident, when was the last time Ash ran down and did beaituful team play down the left flankt like the old days? I can't remember any. The chemistry has gone inside Ash. Thierry should have known better.

KingReyes

Established Member
Henry has to realise if the **** is sold then its noone elses fault but his own.

He's the one coming out talking **** about the club, he's the one that went behind the club's back to talk to Chavs and he's the one wanting a move away.

patrick42uk said:
from the supposed vieira text and henry's behaviour towards cole at highbury's last game, i think he has the sympathy of some if not all the players.

the fans see players as mercenaries. players look at themsleves as employees in a unique situation. a job with a relatively short life span and the opportunity to earn obscence amounts in that time. they look to take advantage of it.

Maybe but the rules are there and should be respected. Cole was wrong to do what he did and if the club are going to keep him just because Thierry has sympathy for him then we really are silly. However once again I repeat I don't think Arsène would care as long as he has the players to win, its not in his hands really its Cole that is looking to leave.

Number8

I think Wenger has handled the situation excellently. He hasn't added any fuel to the fire, and at the same time he hasn't tried to calm things down. He's letting Cole face the music, and I'm loving it.

Thierry was most probably quoted out of context or its an old quote from the previous tap up incident.

I disagree with the footballers are just employees in a unique business. You can clearly see the passion when DB10 or Thierry are on the field. Its quite obvious the Arsenal shirt means something to them. Sadly, for ****s like cole it is all about the money.

Gurgen

Established Member
What the **** is wrong with Henry? Has he been living in a cave for the last year?

Cole has screwed us over and it would be a travesty if he ever pulled on an Arsenal shirt again. Period.

hesham

Established Member
Gurgen said:
What the f**k is wrong with Henry? Has he been living in a cave for the last year?

Cole has screwed us over and it would be a travesty if he ever pulled on an Arsenal shirt again. Period.

Thank You

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Gurgen said:
What the f**k is wrong with Henry? Has he been living in a cave for the last year?

Yeah, Cole is popular with the players inluding Fab ,Rvp ,Reyes , Henry and so forth . I daresay Wenger does not mind him as well. However what he wrote in the biography makes it untenable.

Thats exactly the same thing I asked . Has he been asleep? Hasn't he heard of the book and what Ashley wrote . Does he want DD and Aw to beg Cole on bended knees. I understand that Henry has ambitions but somethings cannot be helped . Of course we could call the UN to broker a peace deal between DD and Cole. :wink:

jay-d

Established Member
If you read the full article maybe Henry is trying to be the good guy in all this and maybe get Cole to change his mind and apologize. All he states is we will be loosing a top player to our rivals and that is a fact no one can dispute but I'm sure Henry realizes it's not on the same scale as Vieira but is just showing Cole the door is not completely closed as of yet.

Legend#1

Established Member
Gurgen said:

From a Sporting point of view, I understand his concerns, and since they're great friends, I understand.

But he needs to understand our point of view, the little **** has got to go.

He IS spot on about transfers however.

weisheng

Henry's got a point. I hate to say it, but clichy and flamini arent as good as cole is yet, and we'd be losing another senior player at the club. wenger himself has said we need experience.

Henry mentioned that selling cole to chelsea would be selling one of our key assets to the team we're trying to catch. its a double whammy and thats a really good point. at the mo, they've got wayne bridge as their only natural LB (assuming gallas leaves - and he doesnt like playing there anyway) so that could be where chelsea could be exploited. selling cole to em would make the LB position one of their strong points instead.

the more i look at it from this perspective the more i want to keep him.

Gurgen

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
Gurgen said:

From a Sporting point of view, I understand his concerns, and since they're great friends, I understand.

But he needs to understand our point of view, the little c**t has got to go.

He IS spot on about transfers however.

How can you be friends with a slimy **** like Cole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom