• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should sell Cole and Reyes to Real Madrid. We should be able to get decent cash for both of them, and more important Chelsea won't get one of the best LBs in the world.

Legend#1

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Legend#1 said:
Gurgen said:
What the f**k is wrong with Henry? Has he been living in a cave for the last year?

Cole has screwed us over and it would be a travesty if he ever pulled on an Arsenal shirt again. Period.

From a Sporting point of view, I understand his concerns, and since they're great friends, I understand.

But he needs to understand our point of view, the little c**t has got to go.

He IS spot on about transfers however.

How can you be friends with a slimy c**t like Cole?

They've known eachother for about 6 years.. It's obvious they're good friends.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Sprinting Thierry said:
We should sell Cole and Reyes to Real Madrid. We should be able to get decent cash for both of them, and more important Chelsea won't get one of the best LBs in the world.

The slight problem being we can't sell Cole to Madrid if he doesn't want to go there, and he doesn't. He and his wife have trouble enough speaking English, let alone Spanish. So that leaves a field of one vying for his services and a player who wants to leave. Which leaves Arsenal having to decide whether to sell for the best price available or sock it to Ashley (if you can call paying the **** 60k per week punishment) and leave him in the reserves for two years, or till he gets over it.

As fans we'd all love the latter option but hey,we ain't paying the bills!

Let's say that we turn down Chelsea offer, and then Real come with good offer and we accept that one. What would Cole do? I think that he would go, especially if he is offered good wages. He and his wife can hang out with Posh and Becks.

jimjamz

I agree with TH in that not only selling cole would be bad for the team but would be doubly bad if he went to solve one of chel$ki's only real weak points.its such a difficult situation,as we would all love to keep one of the best left backs in the world,but i fear he has clearley burnt too many bridges in terms of the board.Its clear the players still respect him and like him and why not,hes a great player,but i cant imagine David Dein accepting him staying after how hes apparently spoke of arsenal in his new book.
Personally id love him to stay,even if he has been a prick,cos hes a great player,but even if we did lose him the losing him to chel$ki would be terrible in terms of anyone tryin to challenge them next year.Lets face it,with cole in our defence and our amazing options in attack,challenging chel$ki is a reality,but without him i fear it may not be quite so

Rohit

Established Member
Cole

Henry knows exactly what the goings on are methinks.His only qualm probably is selling Cole to Chelsea.He would have spoken to Wenger before he signed the new contract and probably then Cole was off to Madrid.
He wouldn't have made any noise if Cole was leaving the premiership.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Sprinting Thierry said:
Let's say that we turn down Chelsea offer, and then Real come with good offer and we accept that one. What would Cole do? I think that he would go, especially if he is offered good wages. He and his wife can hang out with Posh and Becks.

Cashley isn't ready for Madrid and probably never will be - in much the same way that Joe Cole or John Terry are premeirship boys through and through. Fate can deal a strnge hand, just ask Jonathan Woodgate, but I can't see it happening and if it was, it would have happened by now.

hesham

Established Member
I seriously wouldnt mind letting him rot in the reserves for 1 year and sell him next year to a team abroad rather than Chelsea.. How much are we gona loose 5-8 mill... Id rather we loose that kind of money than sell him to Chelsea.

jimjamz

totally agree rohit,its not so much losing cole that is the worst bit as we have clichy who,when fit,is a great player.its losing him to chel$ki that is the real problem because,as ive said previously,we willl be solving one our greatest rivals only real weak points

Beany said:
Cashley isn't ready for Madrid and probably never will be - in much the same way that Joe Cole or John Terry are premeirship boys through and through. Fate can deal a strnge hand, just ask Jonathan Woodgate, but I can't see it happening and if it was, it would have happened by now.

I agree that Cole would prefer move to Chelsea, but on the other hand he would rather go to Real than stay at Arsenal.

Zico

Established Member
The sod can go to Chelsea. Let him go hang out in that cancerous dressing room. You think we have problems? Refer to Chelsea where this year alone players who have had beef with Mourinho and the club are: Carvalho, Drogba, Gallas, Robben, Cole, Crespo. Add to that, Johnson, Crespo, Duff and others are long gone. Cole will get the football club he deserves.

If we cannot get Gallas, we should talk to Chelsea about Bridge as a direct replacement and also insist on that kid Diarra. He looks like he can do a DM job.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
jimjamz said:
totally agree rohit,its not so much losing cole that is the worst bit as we have clichy who,when fit,is a great player.its losing him to chel$ki that is the real problem because,as ive said previously,we willl be solving one our greatest rivals only real weak points

It's funny when we refer to Wayne Bridge as Chelea's weak point. I mean it's not like the guy is that ****, just not as good as the rest of the team I guess. But I agree with the points being made here. To sell to your league's strongest team is not really a good idea. But what can you do?

I can understand Henry's point, as club captain he should sit down with Cole and point out that he's acted completely irrationally and that he could repair it all by going to Wenger's office and having a nice cup of tea and cosy little chat

Viper

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
I can understand Henry's point, as club captain he should sit down with Cole and point out that he's acted completely irrationally and that he could repair it all by going to Wenger's office and having a nice cup of tea and cosy little chat
I was hoping Cole would apologise to the club, the fans and his team mates but it looks like that little chav would never do that.

jimjamz

goonerwarsh said:
jimjamz said:

It's funny when we refer to Wayne Bridge as Chelea's weak point. I mean it's not like the guy is that s**t, just not as good as the rest of the team I guess. But I agree with the points being made here. To sell to your league's strongest team is not really a good idea. But what can you do?

Irts not that hes a weak player,its just hes the weakest point of the team,plus chelsea have no LB cover apart from gallas who hates playing there, so they would have to find one.however their last attempt at this resulted in del horno,sold a season later...

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Sprinting Thierry said:
Beany said:

I agree that Cole would prefer move to Chelsea, but on the other hand he would rather go to Real than stay at Arsenal.

I disagree - he has spent two years militating for a move to Chel$ki. His mistake was in signing a contract extension but that was down, I suspect, to the fact that Chel$ki had to let the issue cool given the **** they got into vis a vis tapping Cashley up. Now he's stuck here for 2 more years unless Arsenal say otherwise. So if we can secure a stellar fee the club will sell him (because it's a business) but otherwise and if (as seems to be the case) no one else is interested, or in funds, or if he doesn't want to go there, he has to reserve it up or swallow his pride.

I would LOVE IT if he were trapped here but realistically, he'll go to Chel$ki. I agree that it's not so much losing Cashley, but having him strengthen Chel$ki and ponce around West London with that bunch of clueless chavs that grates, no matter how much money they pay.

karl

My main worry is that Mourinho is trying to take the upper hand. He says a deal needs to go through in the next couple of days or they'll look elsewhere. I hope Arsène doesn't buckle to this kind of tactic and sell on the cheap!

Cole to madrid would be great, but failing that an early season long injury in blue would be fine after a £25m transfer.

karl

Beany said:
His mistake was in signing a contract extension but that was down, I suspect, to the fact that Chel$ki had to let the issue cool given the s**t they got into vis a vis tapping Cashley up.

No this was down to Cashly not being able to resist another pay rise!

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

He won't. The special one's theory only works if Arsenal need what Chel$ki are prepared to offer but given the new stadium we don't have to take it. More particularly and if Cashley played for any other Prem club (manure and Liverpool aside) they would have paid 28m and this would all be over by now.

cesc18

Viper said:
goonerwarsh said:
I was hoping Cole would apologise to the club, the fans and his team mates but it looks like that little chav would never do that.

henry probably knows exactly what s going on
like wenger he is letting cole face the music
he has a valid point that we would better of selling of cole to say real than a domestic rival in chelsea
but he would realise wenger has not done anything to cause this situation
so as much as i hope cole would have a chat with wenger and stay here
it seems least likely

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

karl said:
Beany said:
His mistake was in signing a contract extension but that was down, I suspect, to the fact that Chel$ki had to let the issue cool given the s**t they got into vis a vis tapping Cashley up.

No this was down to Cashly not being able to resist another pay rise!

lol - let's say it was a combination of the two. Cashley and that ****head agent of his gambled that Arsenal would capitulate or Chel$ki would pay any price but as we speak, neither party is playing ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom