• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelyfar

I think AW doesn't want Cashley to go and has played a blinder.

Chelski won't pay because they think they are being seen off. That enables AW to demonstrate to Cashley that they obviously don't want him THAT much.

1) Cashley signs a 2 year extension (putting him on 4 year contract and protecting our investment from devaluing as he gets near a Bosman).

2) He gets a 10k a week pay rise and

3) AW hopes that playing in the new stadium and doing well in Champions League will convince him to stay.

Cole wont go on strike or want to play in the reserves because of England games/keeping sharp and retaining his own value etc.

The booing will last until Cole has played a couple of blinders for us.

And lastly, if his transfer to Chelski goes through shortly - I look a complete numpty! :lol:

longrufus

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Anyhow, Reyes no.11 missed a few rather obvious points (some of which EezyProgress has already been kind enough to clear up.

1 - What makes you think that Arsenal will sill be prepared to sell Cole on the last day of the transfer window? Why wold we land ourselves in so much trouble like that? For the sake of it? Arsène has effectively said as much, when he set Cole a deadline - of course I don't believe everything the guy says, or that that deadline matters much, but he obviously understands that £25million on the last day of the transfer window isn't much use other than to accrue interest.

Just as a by the way, for both Asa and Reyes no.11, the point your both talking about is pointless.

In the case that Chelsea did offer 25million on the last day of the transfer window, the transfer could go through and we would have enough time to bring in a replacement.

Why?
In certain circumstances, the transfer window can be extended for any particular club, such as if they lose a player at the last minute. Sevilla for example, got a transfer window extension when Real stuped up the £16m buy out clause in Ramos' contract.

Im getting frustrated as to how this is panning out, both the Reyes deal and the Cole deal are taking to long to reach an outcome. If we eventually lose either player, we are only making it harder for ourselves.

th14fan

This is something I ran across in the states:

Updated: Aug. 14, 2006
Focus on the defenceNorman Hubbard
Archive

Quite literally, Ashley Cole is not in the picture at Arsenal. When the Gunners convened for their annual pre-season photograph, the left-back was nowhere to be seen. Even Jose Antonio Reyes, despite umpteen hints of his imminent transfer to Real Madrid, was included. Cole, however, was not.

GettyImages
Ashley Cole: Mind elsewhere?

Rewind three months and there was an English half to the Arsenal defence in the Champions League final. Since then, Sol Campbell has departed, looking for challenges abroad and ending up on an island further south, even if his choice of Portsmouth suggests geography was not his finest subject at school. Though Chelsea and Arsenal differ on their valuations of Cole, he will follow.

It is a novel concept for Chelsea to describe a player as overpriced but, the resolution of an interminable transfer saga that has already cost Cole and Jose Mourinho personally will come shortly, if only because the defender and the Premiership champions need it to be. If Cole's bridges are not yet burned at Arsenal, the matches are lit; at Stamford Bridge, another Bridge - Wayne - received another slight when Mourinho selected the right-footed right-back Paulo Ferreira ahead of him in the Community Shield.

And it leaves Arsenal with a feeling of déjà vu. Twelve months on from Patrick Vieira's exit, Thierry Henry has pleaded with Cole to stay and voiced his fears that Arsenal will be regarded as a selling club (in one sense, they always have been: the sales of Nicolas Anelka, Emmanuel Petit and Marc Overmars have financed much of Arsène Wenger's spending).

And hark back three years to another summer spent waiting for Wenger to strengthen his defence. After Martin Keown left for Leicester and with proof of Pascal Cygan's fallibility, Campbell appeared his only trustworthy centre-half. The expected signing never materialised; instead Kolo Toure, the multi-purpose substitute partnered Campbell in the Community Shield. Initially, he appeared a stop-gap. Three years on, he has matured into one of the world's most coveted defenders.

It is a reason why Arsenal need not panic. Wenger's record of unearthing bargains, many of them not registering on the radar of his counterparts at other Premiership clubs, is unrivalled. Toure also provides proof of his ability to reinvent the players at his disposal according to his needs. The recruits are ever younger: Emmanuel Eboue is only the latest of his signings to emerge with an assurance and an immediate aptitude for first-team football.

Arsenal's deficiency, then, may lie in quantity rather than quality of defenders. With a budget capped by the costs of Ashburton Grove, Wenger has shown a reluctance to spend for the sake of it. Curtis Davies, seemingly the sole Englishman to attract his attention, has been priced out of a move to the capital. It leaves him dependent upon a Swiss-Ivorian combination in the centre of defence.

And it was Philippe Senderos' incompatibility with Campbell, combined with evidence of the elder man's fading powers, that surely compelled Wenger to release the latter. In a conflict between the generations, a focus on the future ensures Wenger sides with the younger. Cesc Fabregas was preferred to Vieira, Senderos to Campbell; the latter is a closer comparison as both take a few strides to get their hulking frame up to maximum pace and need to be paired with a quicker centre-back.

The languid, assured Johan Djourou answers that description. Born in the Ivory Coast - like Toure - and now, alongside Senderos, a Switzerland international, he may render new acquisitions unnecessary. But with Senderos currently sidelined, alternatives to Djourou and Toure are hardly apparent.

Bongarts/GettyImages
Johan Djourou: Defensive option.

However, with a new breed of speedier defenders, wither the traditional British centre-half, whose spiritual home was Highbury? George Graham accumulated four, in Tony Adams, Steve Bould, Andy Linighan and Keown; now the nearest Arsenal possess to a stopper is Senderos, and even he was unsettled by the physicality of Didier Drogba last season.

Nor, indeed, is there a modern-day Nigel Winterburn, an old-fashioned, unfussy left-back. In negotiations with Chelsea, Arsenal might describe Cole, a supercharged variant of Winterburn, as the world's best. Yet, of the eight left-backs used last season, the most impressive was Mathieu Flamini, the central midfielder subjected to a remarkable conversion by Wenger.

Meanwhile, there was a ninth left back in 12 months against Dynamo Zagreb last week, Justin Hoyte, who has the athletic background to endear himself to Wenger. A tenth was tried in pre-season; Armand Traore may only be 16 but he attracted rave reviews. Another Frenchman, Gael Clichy, is more likely to be first choice this season when he regains fitness.

Wenger could not be faulted if he attempts to involve William Gallas in part-exchange for Cole, even if the his compatriot's dislike for playing left-back is well known. Recent history, meanwhile, should provide Cole with a salutary warning; players of considerable accomplishments and outstanding attributes have, after being enticed away by wealthier clubs, come to look back on their days at Arsenal as the highlights of their career.

Wenger, meanwhile, has settled for unearthing cut-price replacements elsewhere. It is a reason why, though Arsenal look desperately short of fit defenders, the assumption should not be made that they need to make a high-profile venture into the transfer market. The successors to Cole and Campbell may already be at the Emirates Stadium; indeed, they may even be visible in the team photograph. Unlike Ashley Cole.

th14fan

I am wondering how to contact Ashley Cole. Not to bad mouth him or anything like that. I would just like to talk to him to find out his real intentions and where he sees himself at this point. I don't trust tabloid newspapers to give us the truth. I would ask crazy questions like are you going to jump off a bridge now, but real questions like how does Cheryl feel about this situation, if Arsenal board hung you out to dry, how? Could there possibly be a mends? Things like that.

otfgoon

Established Member
My hate for Cole turned into sadness watching he for england, had a great game :( It made me realise how difficult it will be to see him in a Chelsea shirt. Still, he's a cretin.

kwg

wheelyfar said:
I think AW doesn't want Cashley to go and has played a blinder.

Chelski won't pay because they think they are being seen off. That enables AW to demonstrate to Cashley that they obviously don't want him THAT much.

1) Cashley signs a 2 year extension (putting him on 4 year contract and protecting our investment from devaluing as he gets near a Bosman).

2) He gets a 10k a week pay rise and

3) AW hopes that playing in the new stadium and doing well in Champions League will convince him to stay.

Cole wont go on strike or want to play in the reserves because of England games/keeping sharp and retaining his own value etc.

The booing will last until Cole has played a couple of blinders for us.

And lastly, if his transfer to Chelski goes through shortly - I look a complete numpty! :lol:
ive been thinking that for weeks now. he will not get booed at the emirates by arsenal fans if they truly are arsenal fans. he will be a great player for us in beating chelsea to the prem and beating them in the fa cup final.
just you wait and see

bobbydazzler

Of course he would get booed if he stayed, he is a traitor who only thinks about money. if he stayed it wouldn't be because he wants to, he would only stay because we wouldn't be offered enough money. Cashley doesn't want to play for arsenal. He won't play against villa even if he is still here.

kwg

yes he will he is by far our best leftback for years and years to come. clichey is good but is inexperienced and reckless. he leaves massive gaps and goes on stupid runs when he has no skill.
if he stays it will be because he wants to not because chelsea are being tight.
we messed him around about his contract so in the end we can blame it all on dein.

bobbydazzler

kwg said:
yes he will he is by far our best leftback for years and years to come. clichey is good but is inexperienced and reckless. he leaves massive gaps and goes on stupid runs when he has no skill.
if he stays it will be because he wants to not because chelsea are being tight.
we messed him around about his contract so in the end we can blame it all on dein.

if he wanted to stay then why would he blame the board, the same board that offer him new contracts. the man is not loyal, if chelski bid do you really think that he will turn them down. he will sign asap and then start humping roman's leg hoping to get some more money. the lad is a prick, he won't play against villa.

kwg

gunnerturk said:
blaming on DD, i am sorry to say but mate you talk s**t
i talk sh*t because i have an opinion unlike a lot of people on here saying cashly and cashboi. i have faith that ash will see his senses and stay with us. and dein is the one who messed his contract up when it looked all signed. so the fact is dein started the war off not ashly. facts are facts.
have your own opinion but dont slate me for my views alrite

otfgoon

Established Member
kwg said:
gunnerturk said:
blaming on DD, i am sorry to say but mate you talk s**t
i talk sh*t because i have an opinion unlike a lot of people on here saying cashly and cashboi. i have faith that ash will see his senses and stay with us. and dein is the one who messed his contract up when it looked all signed. so the fact is dein started the war off not ashly. facts are facts.
have your own opinion but dont slate me for my views alrite

Your lack of knowledge on the situation is shockingly bad. Firstly, Dein took the offer to the board and it is they who commited the autrosity of reducing the offer down to 55k from 60. Fact is, when Dein broke the news to Barnet that they can only offer 55, he immediately (there and then in that very meeting, meaning it was already arranged)told DD that there are other offers.

Oh and Cole will come to his senses? :D

kwg

yes i belive that cole will come to his senses
and anyway we are a big club and we have the best left back in the world dein could have made an attempt to get the 60k but made no attempt just shows how much arsenal means to him doesnt it

otfgoon

Established Member
kwg said:
and anyway we are a big club and we have the best left back in the world dein could have made an attempt to get the 60k but made no attempt just shows how much arsenal means to him doesnt it

Your right, he should have torched the board members houses, and terrorise them until they gave in :roll:

Seriously, stop talking about things you clearly have no idea about. And your attempt to defend Ashley is frankly embarrasing.

kym7224

kwg said:

Is Cashley the best left back in the world? Maybe English thought so..

but Capello didn't.

kym7224

I also have feeling Ashley can be stay, and I think he will play 100% because of his value and Euro 2008 England not for Arsenal.

kwg

you have no idea otfgoon
i am giving a opinion that no one is brave enough to do . all this immature cashly sh*t is a pile of crap
he is an arsenal player no matter what the papers and articles say.
are you on the arsenal board no so dont say i dont know anything when my guess is as good as yours

bobbydazzler

how can you blame the board. cashley didn't have to release a book to get a contract. the lad could have spoke to dd privatly. Cashley will never play for arsenal again he is a traitor. don't blame the board who are more important and have been here longer the cashley.

Chicago

kwg said:

well since you were clearly at that board meeting, why did the board reduce the amount in the first place? Why didn't they go with Dein's original 60, even though he didnt' fight for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom