• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

athreya74

Thai Gunner said:
tgr said:
maybe we just have to sell before buy according to our budget limit set by the bond issuance.

That's not true. I have the risk assessment report of the compny that issued the bonds with me. It's only an assumption used in the the 3 worst case scenarios to show that the club will still be capable of paying off the debt even though they are in any of those scenarios. The report was posted on AWIMB. A few others and I have it. If anyone want it, I can email it to you. Just post your email address on here.

Mate it will be great if you can mail it to athreya74@gmail.com. Cheers.

Jameel46

Established Member
Arsenal are ready to lower the asking price for Ashley Cole - not for Chelsea but for a foreign club, with Inter Milan believed to have shown an interest in the England defender. (Daily Mirror)

Meanwhile, Cole may be in the Gunners squad for Saturday's Premiership opener against Aston Villa. (Various)

Manager Arsène Wenger has told the Arsenal board to complete the sale of Cole by the end of this week. (The Independent)

Hearty

I don't see how a solution can be reached now.

Arsenal asking between £23 and £25 million; Chelsea offering between £16 and £18 million, Arsenal don't want any Chelsea players to help meet the valuation, Chelsea unlikely to budge from their standpoint of "not 1 penny more". If a foreign club comes in, then we can have a deal again but they don't seem likely to come in for him.

This is a mess and we'll be lumbered with an desperately unhappy player which can't be any use to the club.

There have been unhappy players, who've not been able to get their move to another club, before but Cole's situation is unique in that he has some real hate towards Arsenal, for reasons known only to him, now.

karl

Hearty said:
This is a mess and we'll be lumbered with an desperately unhappy player which can't be any use to the club.

Poor darling. Get him to check his bank balance online. That should make him smile.

stuart

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
Arsenal are ready to lower the asking price for Ashley Cole - not for Chelsea but for a foreign club, with Inter Milan believed to have shown an interest in the England defender. (Daily Mirror)

Meanwhile, Cole may be in the Gunners squad for Saturday's Premiership opener against Aston Villa. (Various)

Manager Arsène Wenger has told the Arsenal board to complete the sale of Cole by the end of this week. (The Independent)

yeah i read all that as well on bbc teletext (page 338) i just want him to leave so arsenal can move on without him,as good as he is we dont need players like him at the club!

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I think selling him to Inter is the way forward if they're interested. If Chelsea won't pay top dollar or won't exchange Gallas then they don't get Cole. Thats Business

asajoseph

Established Member
I'd really like to see Reyes at least get a run-out, at this stage. He looks to be staying now, to me, and the sooner we get him focussed on Arsenal, the better.

As for Cole - well, who gives a damn these days anyway...

MrHanson

asajoseph said:
I'd really like to see Reyes at least get a run-out, at this stage. He looks to be staying now, to me, and the sooner we get him focussed on Arsenal, the better.

As for Cole - well, who gives a damn these days anyway...

I give a damn, we are better off with ash in our side than jose, fact. They both disrespted us but cole is world class reyes is not. Cole not playing weakens us more so than jose not playing.

Courier

I fear Chelski may come up with an acceptable offer of around £20 million but may try and hang this out until near the deadline so we dont have time to get a replacement, so weakening us for at least 6 months. I do feel we have been a bit slow here on both the Campbell and Cole situation. We should have moved for Salciado at the price he was available around £4 million?

Had we had him the Siberian **** would realise we could sit on this deal fcuk Coles England place and leave him in the reserves. Interesting for Cole to see his potential new employers do not think he's worth more than Carrick!

Thai Gunner

tgr said:
Thai Gunner said:
tgr said:
maybe we just have to sell before buy according to our budget limit set by the bond issuance.

That's not true. I have the risk assessment report of the compny that issued the bonds with me. It's only an assumption used in the the 3 worst case scenarios to show that the club will still be capable of paying off the debt even though they are in any of those scenarios. The report was posted on AWIMB. A few others and I have it. If anyone want it, I can email it to you. Just post your email address on here.

h088@hotmail.com
a lot of thanks.

It's sent. Enjoy it man. :)

MrHanson

Courier said:
I fear Chelski may come up with an acceptable offer of around £20 million but may try and hang this out until near the deadline so we dont have time to get a replacement, so weakening us for at least 6 months. I do feel we have been a bit slow here on both the Campbell and Cole situation. We should have moved for Salciado at the price he was available around £4 million?

Had we had him the Siberian **** would realise we could sit on this deal fcuk Coles England place and leave him in the reserves. Interesting for Cole to see his potential new employers do not think he's worth more than Carrick!

To be ohnest i do not think AW would even buy a replacement and even if he does who out there is as good or better than ash? Personally if all we are going to do is bank the cash from coles potenial transfer i would rather keep him for the 2 years until his contract has expired. Anyway who knows football can change around inthe blink of an eye, if cole scored in the last minute to clinch the title at the emirates against chelsea 2nd to last game of the season i'm sure all would be forgotten.

Oh, and then he signs a new deal!

mjp81

I am glad that Cole isn't going to be at the Grove on Sat. As I posted when this whole thing kicked off, it would be a great shame to tarnish the first 'proper' match at the stadium with the crowd booing one of our own (although Reyes might get some if he's playing)

Maybe Wenger will get the pair of them sold tomorrow, then parade a couple of new signings on Sat to lift the mood a bit?

....well, you can only hope :roll:

gibson

MrHanson said:
Courier said:

To be ohnest i do not think AW would even buy a replacement and even if he does who out there is as good or better than ash? Personally if all we are going to do is bank the cash from coles potenial transfer i would rather keep him for the 2 years until his contract has expired.
Is it only me that doesnt get why people are saying i dont care if he stays and runs out his contract. If Cole stays were going to lose a huge amount because he'll want to leave on a bosman.a possible £15-20 million could be lost I cant see how it benfits anyone if Cole sits out his contract. If he plays he wont have his heart in it everyone knows that. If he doesnt hes a very expensive reserve player warming a bench and Arsenal lose out on the potential transfer fee. how can people be happy if cole was to stay and not play and rot in the reserves as some people have mentioned, i dont get it??

Harding

coles reaction to the sky sports interview last night made my blood boil even more....the little man just **** his pants and looked disgusted when the interviewer asked about his future....i cant believe we are 2 days away from the start of the new season and this situation still has not been resolved! The same goes for the reyes fiasco, i understand Arsène is probably holding out for higher prices but at the end of the day i cant see how he can afford to keep to quality players in the squad who dont want to be there, when he could sell the pair and recieve around £30million for them combined

gibson

Harding said:
coles reaction to the sky sports interview last night made my blood boil even more....the little man just s**t his pants and looked disgusted when the interviewer asked about his future....i cant believe we are 2 days away from the start of the new season and this situation still has not been resolved! The same goes for the reyes fiasco, i understand Arsène is probably holding out for higher prices but at the end of the day i cant see how he can afford to keep to quality players in the squad who dont want to be there, when he could sell the pair and recieve around £30million for them combined
agree with what youre saying but i think theres 2 main factors -
1. if it wasnt chelsea cole would been long gone.because its chelsea there trying to milk them and maybe in one sense rightly so especially if there offer was only £16mil i think he worth a little more than that.
2.Real are just being stubborn and think that because Reyes has said he wants the move that theyll get him cheap. I completely agree with Arsène on this one. Yes he wants to go but if the fee is only €10million or whatever they were offering theres no point letting him go that cheap if they feel they can get more. Im not sure but €10million is probably £8mil roughly. Reyes is worth more than that,hes still young and has a huge amount of potential

its very frustrating yes but if the other clubs arent playing fare theres no way Arsenal should just give in and let them go on the cheap

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
I don't think we should sell any of them if the price is not right. I believe Wenger is a fair person..so the price we are asking is reasonable. 20M for Cole is definitely reasonable considering who is trying to buy him. 16M for Reyes is also reasoable. They should not go on a cheapo.especially Cole cos. Its our price or he stays put!!! Cole has been around for too long so i don't see him acting up if he stays out of loyalty for his teammates whom i believe still support him. Reyes might act up..but sh*..its obvious Madrid don't want him that bad.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

mjp81 said:
I am glad that Cole isn't going to be at the Grove on Sat. As I posted when this whole thing kicked off, it would be a great shame to tarnish the first 'proper' match at the stadium with the crowd booing one of our own (although Reyes might get some if he's playing)

Maybe Wenger will get the pair of them sold tomorrow, then parade a couple of new signings on Sat to lift the mood a bit?

....well, you can only hope :roll:

more chance winning the lottery. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom