• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky_AFC

Would be worth looking into for sure as Clichy is good enough to take over from Cole and Baptista could offer us a lot. But like AFCG7 said it would only leave us with 1 english player. Not that nationality takes priority for me but i would like us to have as many english as possible and having only 1 in first 11 Sol would be a pretty poor amount.

longrufus

Established Member
either way i think cole is leaving at the end of the season, he signed a short contract extension in my opinion so arsenal could sell him in the summer with 2 years left (higher value than with 1 year left). And with his likely destination being madrid anything could happen.

_scorpion_

Established Member
The intention is for Cole to Join Madrid but things could change. I have no doubt that this 'swap' business is BS. Just someone pasting two rumors together to get a result.

gstew

asajoseph said:
Still, if Real offered this, I'd bite their arm off...

Ditto!!!!!!!

I would throw in 5 mil pounds to sweeten the deal if they were even considering it!!!

AFCG7

Established Member
No.. we must not do easy business with those ****s in MAdrid.. if they want Cole Wenger must insist they give us Casillas or forget it... or give us Baptista and more money.

Unless........ the plan was to let MAdrid have Baptista... he gets Spanish citizenship and then we swap him for Cole.
Could be this was preplanned and thats why Wenger didnt pursue another midfielder in the summer.

burnsjed

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I think they probably just pinched this story off Palmer. Which just proves how stupid the tabloids are...

Still, if Real offered this, I'd bite their arm off...

I would bite both of them off!
He is going anyway, we all wanted this guy during the summer, I know things went pear shaped, and hr took a lot of flack on here for that, but he had his reasons, and I can't say I b lamed him.

jeromelee

Good deal imo if it's true. We could use Baptista and lose Cole. But Casillas is almost certain to resign for Real.

Zico

Established Member
My immediate reaction when I heard about this deal was woah, Arsenal need to be attracting English players, not discarding them. But fact is fans are still trying to warm up to Cole again and Clichy has done an excellent job in Ashley's absence. Not to sound like a fantacist, but I'd do the deal this way:

- Baptista and 5 million pounds for Cole
- put that 5 million pounds into Brazilian left-back Gilberto

We could really use the sort of options Baptista gives us. It would mean we keep Flamini in his rightful role - as a 4th choice midfielder.

Ratinho

Established Member
Sammer said:
When do these swap deals actually ever take place?

You always read about them, but they never happen :wink:

Exactly.

And Cole for Baptista would not be 'easy business' ffs. Cole's worth what? £15m? I'd say they are of a similar value.

Gurgen

Established Member
True, but most of us wouldn't mind for Cashley to **** off as far away as possible.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
True, but most of us wouldn't mind for Cashley to f**k off as far away as possible.
you know theirs a huge possibility you're in the minority, i don't want him to **** off.

Chips&CurrySauce

Ashely used to be one of myfavourite players. His commitment and desire aswell as the fact that he was a local lad.. But to behonest, I don't give a damn if he goes now.. Not only did he humiliate us in the Summer, but his remarks about team unity were out of order aswell.. I'm very happy with Clichy and if we can get a world class midfielder with the cash then we'll be a strongerteam..

whoztheman

Gurgen said:
You and....?

not everyone became all emotional over the cole saga. practically speaking he was an important player for us. i say 'was' because it seems clichy is more than capable of filling cole's shoes plus he has the right kind of attitude to him plus he's only 18-19-we wont have to worry about a replacement. so purely from the business point of view, it would be better to sell cole now and solidify our defence(keeper) or midfield.

Buhry

Established Member

I don't want Ashley to feck off either, if he is happy to stay at Arsenal that is.

asajoseph

Established Member
I'm with Gurgen. Frankly, the sooner he's gone the happier I'll be. And I don't give a toss what we get for him.

A

Anonymous

i do the swap also, but this time, i ask for baptista & money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom