• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCFan4Ever

gunner_down_under said:
rejecting SWP probably means we wont be signing another winger, which includes Ribery, because, SWP is up there with the best in business (on form)......but getting Gallas would've been sweet as!

Ummmm I don't think not taking SWP has ANY bearing on signing Ribery or anybody else, that makes no sense.

That deal wasn't accepted because Wenger is not going to let Chelsea screw us over on this deal and that would be us getting screwed over. It should be Gallas or just straight up cash.

SWP would be doing the same thing at Arsenal as he is now and that's sitting on the bench. Ribery could come in and start right now, esp. if we play a 4-5-1...he's much more versatile.

AFCFan4Ever

It's very easy IMO, it's going to be one of two deals...

Gallas for Cole (not likely)

or

20 mil. for Cole (probable)

I don't think Moaninho would part with Essien, esp. to give him to us.

gunner_down_under

but have you seen SWP play for Man City? he used to be on fire.....Mourinho paid 24mill for a reason.........I still say, on form, he's probably just as good or better than Ribery (according to hype, and not WC performance), and he's quicker than Ribery too, so he would've fit our style of play perfectly....so, I dont think we're going to be signing anymore established wingers!

but just as you said, he probably wont be a starter, but Gallas would be! :(

_scorpion_

Established Member
If you think Arsène has given up on Ribery your in for a rude shock.

Without a doubt he is the only attacking player Arsène wants at the moment and it has a lot to do with Freddie and his chronic injuries.

That being said - take the 25 million pounds - get Ribery and use the rest as you please.

Essien is not worth 25 million pounds - No DM is worth that money. DM's do not change the outlook of matches and that has been a football fact for EVER.

DM's simply provide a balance to a side and at the moment - Gilberto, Flamini, Diaby and Song can do that and it won't cost a red cent.

Spend the dosh on Ribery and a defensive cover (like Aubey) is what I suspect will happen.

SWP cannot lace Ribery's boots I'm afraid.

Realwood

SWP made his bed, now he has to sleep in it. I don't think Wenger wants him anymore, not at his wage anyways. He had his chance to follow his father's footsteps and he blew it. Now, he can get rich on the bench.

I believe that Gallas would love to come here, and we all know Wenger wants him. I agree with the poster that said we either make a swap or get 20 million pounds.

Either way I'm happy although I would prefer Gallas and cash, but that is probably unrealistic.

Cole move to Blues stalls as Arsenal hold out for £25m

Link: http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Transfer+News+&+Rumours

I would be happy if we got the $25m for the Ashley Cole the Whore, or at least £16m + Gallas.

However I would be very happy if Arsenal play even more hard ball and demand £30m or £20 + Gallas. 8)

I mean, if Chel$ki can pay £23m for SWP just to warm thier subs bench, then why can't they pay £30m for one of the best LBs in the world. Also the whore is English, so that should jack up his price even more right? :lol:

nazo

Established Member
If we get 25mil for him the transfer talk section will go mental. Btw, i haven't been following this thread alot so i don't know if this has been said: it looks like we are close to signing Lucien Aubey. He is a U21 French international, i read that he is going to sign this week.

Take this news with a pinch of salt though.

_scorpion_

Established Member
bluenaz said:
i don't know if this has been said: it looks like we are close to signing Lucien Aubey. He is a U21 French international, i read that he is going to sign this week.

Take this news with a pinch of salt though.

I mentioned it in one of either the curtis davies or Micah richards threads a week ago.

It would not suprise me at all if it were true. We have tracked Lucien for a long while now. He is Clichy's understudy at the u21 level and can play CB.

Very strong yong player! Has made the LB position at Toulouse his own since debuting at 18.

AFCFan4Ever

_scorpion_ said:
If you think Arsène has given up on Ribery your in for a rude shock.

Without a doubt he is the only attacking player Arsène wants at the moment and it has a lot to do with Freddie and his chronic injuries.

That being said - take the 25 million pounds - get Ribery and use the rest as you please.

Essien is not worth 25 million pounds - No DM is worth that money. DM's do not change the outlook of matches and that has been a football fact for EVER.

DM's simply provide a balance to a side and at the moment - Gilberto, Flamini, Diaby and Song can do that and it won't cost a red cent.

Spend the dosh on Ribery and a defensive cover (like Aubey) is what I suspect will happen.

SWP cannot lace Ribery's boots I'm afraid.

I agree, I think it's more than likely to be Ribery and Aubey opposed to maybe Davies and no one else.

I've maintained that Wenger wants a CB and one more attacking player and I'll keep on saying that until proven otherwise.

It's clear to me that Ribery remains a priority for Wenger and the telling sign is how quiet he and the club have been about it....not one word from Wenger. When he goes silent on a target like that, it usually means he's trying to get something done.

I really do think by the end of next week, we'll see Cole at Chelsea and Ribery and a CB (more than likely Aubey) at Arsenal.

kooldawg

Established Member
Ribery's probably not coming this summer.

I expect him to be a January/winter signing. I think he'll stay at L'Om for now.

an4rew

I want Gallas... he wants out.

I'd take £10m for Cole + Gallas even because hes a quality CB who can also play wingback.

Asterix

Established Member
Artillero said:
If the 20 million + story has truth in it I fear 'Transfer' section of ArenalMania may go a bit mad.

What, and it isn't now? :p

If we do get that sort of cash I refuse to look in the Transfer section for a week - you can all sort it out yourselves.

Gallas would be sweet - shame it won't happen.

Thai Gunner

an4rew said:

I'd take £10m for Cole + Gallas even because hes a quality CB who can also play wingback.

If Arsène really values Cole at £25m, there's really no need for us to do that. Gallas only has one year left on his contract. Plus we don't need Gallas as much as Chelski do Cole.

Anyway, seems like Chelski are not gonna let Gallas come join us.

So £25m!!! :fingerscrossed:

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thai Gunner said:
an4rew said:

If Arsène really values Cole at £25m, there's really no need for us to do that. Gallas only has one year left on his contract. Plus we don't need Gallas as much as Chelski do Cole.

Anyway, seems like Chelski are not gonna let Gallas come join us.

So £25m!!! :fingerscrossed:
25m!? Wow! Arseblog once mentioned there might not be any 16m clause in Cole's contract extension. If this is true, it would be possible the club can hold Ashley for more.

For me Gallas is a very versatile defender. He is a bit like Zambrotta and very handy for any manager in the world. I hope he can join us.

been

im not up for anybody coming in unless its essien im just praying if wenger gets 25mill he will make good use of it like BUY a quality player if hes not then make a swap

god i wish i could get into wngers mind

Thai Gunner

We could make another million or two this summer if Pennant is sold to Liverpool. Bruce said that we have 25% sell on clause on Pennant's contract.

:clap

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thai Gunner said:
We could make another million or two this summer if Pennant is sold to Liverpool. Bruce said that we have 25% sell on clause on Pennant's contract.

:clap
The source? If this is true, it will be brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom