• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chips&CurrySauce

Not only did he go behind our backs with th most vile and despicable club in the prem, he then had the cheek, after the enquiry to claim we let him down and there was no way he was going to sign a contract etc.... And not once did he apologise to the fans.. To this day he still doesn't feel he did anything wrong (and he claims he's a gooner)

A

Anonymous

u guys say this was pre-planned?

thats why arsenal and real madrid had a bidding war? adn the price got hiked up?

yeah good one...

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i think its bollocks but if its true, i'd take the deal in a heartbeat. clichy is looking like pure quality and cashley has really ****ed his reputation up.

burnsjed

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Did Arsenal and Madrid have a bidding war?

As far as I can recall, we just kept raising our offer every other day, and eventually R Madrid just bought him!

hleb

Established Member
I'd bite their hands off for that deal. The stupid **** dragged our name through the mud. I don't give a toss if he's english or not. Baptista will be a great attacking midfielder or Striker. Hopefully there's something in the rumours.

Gurgen

Established Member
Meh, I should open a seperate thread on the bird in my avatar or something, this is getting tiresome :lol:

jamphi24

Could well be a ploy by madrid. Madrid want cole. Arsenal wanted baptista. Baptista wanted to stay another year to get his passport. Madrid didn't need Baptista so bought him with the idea to swap him come jan/summer. Makes sense to me.

AFCG7

Established Member
We never had a bidding war with anyone. Sevilla were the ones holding out for a bigger offer all the time. At the end of the day Madrid paid Sevilla what hey wanted and got their man..who wanted to stay in Spain anyway.
Besides it was just a thought on my part..nothing concrete to prove that it was planned.

fuma75

Madrid wants Ballack, so maybe they wanna get rid of Baptista in the summer.
But i hope Cole will stay at least for another year cause i don't think Clichy is ready yet.

Though Clichy's an amazing talent, Cole and Clichy are on different levels yet... Also what if Clichy gets injured? Who'll play leftback?

Also, I dont wanna see any English leaving our club, which is being criticized for lack of English players.

A.M.A.G.

What Ash did is equivalent to the following:

Imagine walking in on your lady friend on her knees, infront of some guy with his trousers around his ankles... and then after catching her in this compromising position... she argues that you shouldn't be upset cause a blowjob isn't the same as sex...

Now... you being the extremely horny neanderthal you are... you over look it for now cause you what want a regular 'slam'... but you now know that you have a trifling 'skettel' on your hands... so as much as you love the slam... you know you need to get rid of this skettel as soon as possible...

So while I don't think Clichey is as good as Cole... I wouldn't blink if the club got rid of him... espcially if we supposedly end up with a Baptista or Casillas... the fact that he was pressing the issue after he was caught and fined is when it became too much for me...

Viper

Established Member
campbell23thebest said:
Also, I dont wanna see any English leaving our club, which is being criticized for lack of English players.
Yep. Thats what I'm worried about.

Sammer

Established Member
Viper said:
campbell23thebest said:
Yep. Thats what I'm worried about.

If that´s all we have to worry about, we´re in big trouble :wink:

sabret00the

Established Member
burnsjed said:
asajoseph said:
Did Arsenal and Madrid have a bidding war?

As far as I can recall, we just kept raising our offer every other day, and eventually R Madrid just bought him!
it wasn't a bidding war, it was because we were trying to offer the lowest possible price, our initial bid was for £6m, Real Madrid came in with a real offer straight away at £20 or there abouts. that's not a bidding war.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think Clichy is beginning to prove he can hack it consistently at this level. And as I keep saying Ashley wasn't as good as he is now when he was 19. The only way he improved was playing and playing and playing. It doesn't take a major leap to think if Clichy continues playing and playing, he can improve and become as good as Ashley.

And if we got Baptista for Cole? Well, yeah, why not?

Zico

Established Member
Here are the options:

a) Cole in left back with Fabregas and Gilberto day in and day out in midfield. Whenever they're tired or injured Flamini can run around like a lost child.

b) Clichy in left back with rotation of Fabregas, Gilberto and Baptista in midfield, with Baptista playing centre forward on ocassion and giving a legitimate plan B.

I'm not sure, but I think I'd rather gamble on the 2nd option. Oy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom