<

Ashley Cole (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by beaney, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karl

karl Well-Known Member

I’m happy for Cole to leave as soon as possible with his sack of money and hypocrisy. We only got marginally more out of him last year than Newcastle got from Michael Owen. Another trait he shares with Owen is that of prioritizing England above his club. Don’t forget that not many ex-Arsenal players in recent years have successful careers after going, maybe with the exception of van Bronkhorst.

2. qs

qs New Member Elite

Very true, same as we all said about Paddy last season. Hopefully Cole will ahve the same luck and Chelsea will be relegated for cheating.

Actually no that would probably completely destroy my already brusied and bashed faith in football

3. Ridge

Ridge New Member

Why would Chelski pay more if Cole really has this 16m thing pay out clause?

4. karl

karl Well-Known Member

I thought the £16 was a clause inserted by Arsenal at the last extension to not let him leave for less than that amount when he asked for the £60,000 a week? Makes you sick to see him bidding at the Beckhams pre world cup party. He gave us so little last year and took so much!

5. nidza7

nidza7 New Member

6. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah New Member Elite

7. nidza7

nidza7 New Member

RtC,how do you reckon Cashley crisis will resolve?

8. Viper

Viper Member

Even if we get the £25m, I doubt Wenger will spend it all.

9. Harding

Harding New Member

can you imagine the ****in stick he will get if he does sign for chelski??? be ****in awesome givin it too him when or if he puts on that blue shirt and comes to the emirates.

if we are going to talk about replacements for ash then who is seriously in the running?

abidal (was awful at the world cup in my opinion)
    chivu (would come at a big price, but no more than ash)
    grosso (in my opinion he would be a great signing 28 years old, had a great world cup and wouldnt cost ridiculous amount of money)
    chielini ( another great young talent, at juve so a move could be there)
    taiwo (this is a nigerian fella i saw a bit of last season and he is speedy as hell and is similar to babayro when he was good)

10. gunnerturk

gunnerturk New Member

I am so glad he is exposed . Even they find him a back stabbing, disloyal , greedy ****e.

11. GUNNERS4L1FE

GUNNERS4L1FE Well-Known Member

Grosso has signed for Inter.

12. Harding

Harding New Member

really? 1st i heard of that thought he was still at palmero

13. RocktheCasbah

Yeah, true!

No idea, but I hope, and Big Poppa's right in what he says that we don't really know the full facts and that things could well be slanted, that if Cole really has slated the club, that he is sold to the highest bidder. And if that is Chelsea, then so be it. And if he goes on to win the Premiership trophy and gets to celebrate winning it at Highbury next May, then we're all going to want to kill the little sod. But we will have to live with it.

But I hope Big Poppa's right- and that Cole's comments have been taken out of context. I seriously doubt that, though.

If Cole goes, I would think we do need to sign a quality left back, Gael's been here 3 years and spent around 2 years of that injured, Traore is too young and Flamini- God love him- is not a left back. Though there is Justin Hoyte, who spent considerable time on the left for Sunderland last year, I think...

14. GUNNERS4L1FE

GUNNERS4L1FE Well-Known Member

Palermo's Barzagli is a pretty good player

15. Harding

Harding New Member

yeah ive heard and seen a bit of him, isnt he a CB by trade though?

16. qs

qs New Member Elite

Yeah but Wayne Bridge, c'mon. One of them even said he's better defensively. Get real.

17. Allyboy

Allyboy New Member Elite

That will never happen in a million years :wink:

18. Harding

Harding New Member

speaking of bridge....just say we sold cole and got cash and bridge? would that be so bad? i still think he is a good player but is so unlucky with injuries

19. RocktheCasbah

Let's hope so, but I trust you've seen the fixture list?

qs- I agree with your point, but the guy's talking as a Chelsea fan, he woould say that, wouldn't he? Just like we all like to think Didier Drogba's crap compared to Robin van Persie..

20. cesc18

cesc18 New Member

see they do understand why we are squeezing cashley for every pound he s worth( or how much the chavs would pay :wink: )

i hope we get 20m and spend it on 3 players LB obviously plus CB and CM
    if the club have gone back on a verbal agreement to let him go for 16m
    i m definitely not complaining serves him right :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.