• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluey

If Cole goes, I am not too worried because we have a replacement with Clichy, who I think will be as good in 2 or 3 seasons. Having said that Cole was the pawn in a battle of egos between Barnett and Dein. I am not saying Cole is blameless, but Cole has surrounded himself with advisers and will not do anything without their agreement. Dein was threatened by Barnett and I feel that Dein wanted to teach Barnett and Chelsea a lesson. Dein did not realise how far it would go. Tapping up goes on all the time. A club will speak to the agent and the agent will pass on any information to the player.

qs

Established Member
If cole goes, and Clichy is the new Coel, whos the new Clichy???

Apart from that Id be happy enough to take that swap. Ash certainly hasnt got the desire he once had.

lobozinho

jamphi24 said:
Could well be a ploy by madrid. Madrid want cole. Arsenal wanted baptista. Baptista wanted to stay another year to get his passport. Madrid didn't need Baptista so bought him with the idea to swap him come jan/summer. Makes sense to me.

I am not sure how much sense it makes to Baptista though. I mean, I thought half of the fuss is about him getting the EU papers, and playing for Luxemburgo. As far as I remember he needs another full season to qualify for them.

I don't know, it's a good plan but way too many indeterminates at this stage. Even for a rumor...

Zico

Established Member
Baptista will have his papers by the time the World Cup comes around. Then we can talk about him, but I'm intrigued by a player trade. This sort of thing happens in the NBA where players are traded based on matching their annual salaries. I'm not sure there is a precedent in top flight football.

burnsjed

Established Member
quincy42 said:
Baptista will have his papers by the time the World Cup comes around. Then we can talk about him, but I'm intrigued by a player trade. This sort of thing happens in the NBA where players are traded based on matching their annual salaries. I'm not sure there is a precedent in top flight football.

Players have been traded before, those that are old enough will remember Arsenal buying Clive Allen only to swap him for Kenny Sansom days (or was it weeks?) later, anyway, tyhis would not be a first.

hleb

Established Member
As unreal as it sounds, think about it.

- Why did we lowball like we did and let madrid sweep us aside?
- AW did speek to baptista and im sure he knew about the passport problem. So did Real.
- Luxemburgo is looking to replace Carlos.
- Why did Cole just sign a 1-year extension? He gets is payrise, he'll maintain his transfer value. Both sides gain.
- It's highly likely that Ballack will go to them in the summer. Baptista will have to move to get games.

I there are some rumours that Arsenal and Real have this already sorted out. I would be absolutely shocked if this was to happen. :shock:

AFCG7

Established Member
That was my thinking much earlier in the thread.. pehaps this was preplanned.. from the minute i heard about the swap rumour thats the first thing that came to mind.

kamikaze80

Established Member
:roll:
if there actually was an agreement b/w real and arsenal, dont you think arsenal wouldve just bought baptista, then loaned him to real for a season so that he gets his nationality? if real decide to buy cole, then they buy cole.

this is the exact same thing for all parties as your elaborate conspiracy theory in terms of finances and on the pitch, except everyones legal rights are assured.

why be all secretive about it when theres no need for secrecy? i suppose the same reason that the CIA killed kennedy, bush masterminded 9/11 and the freemasons are initiating a new world order. chalk another one up to hyperactive imaginations... :roll:

hleb

Established Member
That (fotball) politics for you right there. Average joe doesn't need to know. Information = power

Guillermo

hleb said:

- AW did speek to baptista and im sure he knew about the passport problem. So did Real.
- Why did Cole just sign a 1-year extension? He gets is payrise, he'll maintain his transfer value. Both sides gain.
- It's highly likely that Ballack will go to them in the summer. Baptista will have to move to get games.

I there are some rumours that Arsenal and Real have this already sorted out. I would be absolutely shocked if this was to happen. :shock:
Throw into the mix that Wenger also signed another left-back in Armand Traore.

The whole concept seems a little far-fetched to me, though I would welcome it.

burnsjed

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
:roll:
if there actually was an agreement b/w real and arsenal, dont you think arsenal wouldve just bought baptista, then loaned him to real for a season so that he gets his nationality? if real decide to buy cole, then they buy cole.

this is the exact same thing for all parties as your elaborate conspiracy theory in terms of finances and on the pitch, except everyones legal rights are assured.

why be all secretive about it when theres no need for secrecy? i suppose the same reason that the CIA killed kennedy, bush masterminded 9/11 and the freemasons are initiating a new world order. chalk another one up to hyperactive imaginations... :roll:

Not that I am subscribing to the conspiracy, but if Arsenal had bought Baptista, I don't think the Spanish govt would have been willing to give out a Spanish passport so happily, I may be wrong, but thats why he had to stay in Spain.
Now that doesn't mean that he is coming here in any future swap deal, but I still for one would be ripping their arm off if they were interested!

hleb

Established Member
I know, it's too many factors to be even considering. But it is REAL, they're conning enough to have thought about it.

kamikaze80

Established Member
hleb said:
That (fotball) politics for you right there. Average joe doesn't need to know. Information = power
right.. its a transfer, not top secret military plans to breed sharks with freaking lasers on their heads. what is there to gain by keeping it secret? nothing. what is there for arsenal to lose by not doing it the normal way and simply buying then loaning? umm, how about the PLAYER, baptista. seems a no-brainer to me.

if we have, in fact, secured baptista, dont you think the board would want to tell the world, and henry in light of his possible departure and the move into ashburton?

and buying a 16yr old leftback doesnt seem like preparation for the imminent departure of your leftback. looks like normal investment in future talent.

youre an idiot. get a life you conspiracy theorist wackos. :roll:

Paddy from Sweden

Guillermo said:
hleb said:

Have we really signed Armand Traore? He's nowhere on Arsenal.com. He haven't played any matches for the reserves nor the U18's.

Guillermo

Paddy from Sweden said:
Guillermo said:
hleb said:

Have we really signed Armand Traore? He's nowhere on Arsenal.com. He haven't played any matches for the reserves nor the U18's.
The transfer was confirmed in the summer, yes; and I'm sure he has been on the bench a few times for the first team this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom