• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Judging by his skills, nobody at arsenal wants him to leave no matter what.

judging by his character, every single gooners wants him to **** off.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
USArsenal said:
erm, would have to disagree... how many times has he really cocked up for Arsenal? not that many.. Clichy is decent, but given the fact that he is hurt quite a bit, how reliable is he? and Traore is just too damn young and inexperienced to be our starter just yet for any reason other than injury to all other options...

USArsenal, you have to see this kid play for yourself, Armand Traore, he doesn’t understand the meaning of fear nor getting hurt, It's like he is hypnotized and all he sees is the ball, and when he retrieves the ball all he knows is counterattack, I have a huge hope for this kid and I hope he makes it here. as Arsène said age is not a boundary, what important is how the player approaches the game.

But I still think Clichy is in need of this opportunity just like when cole needed play time.

nidza7

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
Judging by his skills, nobody at arsenal wants him to leave no matter what.

judging by his character, every single gooners wants him to f**k off.

unfortunately for Cole it takes both to be a great player.

CALLY8

Traore is a fantastic young play nipolopo but i think he will be a bit outclassed by some of the older players in the premier league as he is only 16 but defanetly a player for the future!

USArsenal said:
erm, would have to disagree... how many times has he really cocked up for Arsenal? not that many.. Clichy is decent, but given the fact that he is hurt quite a bit, how reliable is he? and Traore is just too damn young and inexperienced to be our starter just yet for any reason other than injury to all other options...

Spot on. I don't see any way that we improve at LB with Cole gone. Clichy is not Cole and we have no guarantee he will be, however promising he looks. And let's not get carried away with the potential of Traore. Nice that looks outstanding in a friendly in Austria, but there's surely a baptism of fire awaiting him in the less than friendly confines of the North or in a CL European cauldron. Clichy and Traore may both end up better than Cole. But they're not right now and the season starts in 2-3 weeks.
That's not to say we shouldn't do it if the offer is in the 25 m range. We definitely should. But however we spend that money, there will be a transition and we won't have a better LB than Cole playing.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
CALLY8 said:
Traore is a fantastic young play nipolopo but i think he will be a bit outclassed by some of the older players in the premier league as he is only 16 but defanetly a player for the future!

Indeed cally8 I absolutely agree with you, but you have to consider the fact that, he is not going to gain that extra class by playing in reserve games, he needs to play in bigger stage to gain that experience . As I said before , I don’t think he is still ready to take over from Cole or even Clichy for the matter of the fact, he has a long road ahead of him but selling Cole might somehow be blessing in the sky, the same way that when we sold paddy, It helped Fab to become a player he is today.

But all in all I think we will miss Cole dearly on the field, but in the end we have enough quality in that department to replace him in the end, he is no TT, if Henry decided to leave there was no immediate replacement for him but in this case there is.

el jefe

NIPOLOPO said:
CALLY8 said:

Indeed cally8 I absolutely agree with you, but you have to consider the fact that, he is not going to gain that extra class by playing in reserve games, he needs to play in bigger stage to gain that experience . As I said before , I don’t think he is still ready to take over from Cole or even Clichy for the matter of the fact, he has a long road ahead of him but selling Cole might somehow be blessing in the sky, the same way that when we sold paddy, It helped Fab to become a player he is today.

But all in all I think we will miss Cole dearly on the field, but in the end we have enough quality in that department to replace him in the end, he is no TT, if Henry decided to leave there was no immediate replacement for him but in this case there is.
...but only after enduring a horrendous winter which almost cost us our CL spot. We had no margin for error last season and needed a bit of luck to finish as high as we did. Can we really afford more growing pains?

As promising as they are, I will be thoroughly depressed if we start next season with Clichy and Traore (or Flamini for that matter) as our first choice LBs.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
el jefe said:
NIPOLOPO said:
CALLY8 said:

...but only after enduring a horrendous winter which almost cost us our CL spot. We had no margin for error last season and needed a bit of luck to finish as high as we did. Can we really afford more growing pains?

As promising as they are, I will be thoroughly depressed if we start next season with Clichy and Traore (or Flamini for that matter) as our first choice LBs.

I know how you feel mate, but we have to rely on our youngsters , specially when the youngsters are as quality as these two , and TBH there are not many good LB in the market for sale right now and we have more pressing matters to worry about <CB><GK>.

Art_4

Just sell this ****!!!!! :evil: , I cant stand him anymore, he needs to go with the chavs or some other glory hunting team with fans that can put up with him, cause we sure wont. I hope we get Gallas or the 25 Million, that would be great. :wink:

chelsie

Is fallen Angel having a laugh.

I've seen nothing in the news about chelscum buying Ash for 25m. I've checked the official website and Skysports and there is nothing.

Zico

Established Member
el jefe said:

Have to agree here. Last year we were blooding so many youngsters and trying to integrate Hleb. Spent too much time using the 1st team for what should be reserve team work. I think in the long run, it paid off because we found that we have a bargain world class central midfielder and excellent options in central defense and right back, but we cannot afford to do that again this season. We need to win or risk facing the same sort of doubts swirling around Ole Trafford. That means a solid replacement for Cole. Frankly, beyond Zambrotta it is difficult to name a ready left-back. I'm not sure about Traore - even Cesc had Vieira, Gilberto and Edu for guidance before he graduated. I don't think Clichy is ready to provide Traore those high benchmarks...

AFCFan4Ever

If the LB position was *SO* important, we wouldn't have gone to the CL Final last year with friggin' Flamini (who's never played there before mind you) playing that spot for almost the entire campaign.

We have the players to pick up the slack that him leaving would cause...this is such a non issue. We can't have this issue having over the club's head this season and constantly be annoyed by it...it's best just to cut our losses now and be done with him. The guy is a complete prick and has thrown Dein, Wenger, Arsenal, and the supporters under the bus...how ANYONE actually wants him to stay is beyond me.

an4rew

Clichy and Traore deserve their chance for LB role... and if any cockups put flamini over there.

you can't expect these talented young lads to play second fiddle all of their life.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
an4rew said:
Clichy and Traore deserve their chance for LB role... and if any cockups put flamini over there.

you can't expect these talented young lads to play second fiddle all of their life.

Indeed, I think it's about right time clichy step up and show us what he really is made of ,and Traore can also gain valuable lesson by watching and training with first team day in, day out as well as play a game or two in EPL against the likes of Reading, Sheffield united.. fulham etc.. and after that who knows. :wink:

Wednesdayware

I still don't understand all the naysayers who think Flamini "is uncomfortable" at Left Back. He played there most of the season. How long do you think it takes to get comfortable????

el jefe

"you can't expect these talented young lads to play second fiddle all of their life."

Yeah, Traore sure has been waiting a long time :lol:

Point taken about Clichy, but considering how many games he's missed due to injury, you could hardly blame Arsène if he brought in another LB.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Wednesdayware said:
I still don't understand all the naysayers who think Flamini "is uncomfortable" at Left Back. He played there most of the season. How long do you think it takes to get comfortable????

perhaps because he said he didn't have the reflex of a LB and he prefers to play at his natural position, midfielder...

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Wednesdayware said:

the comment about Flamini not being comfortable wasn't about his potential of playing as a left back, we all saw what he can do as a LB last season, but the comfortablity part is mentally not ability wise, he always stated that he likes to play as DM/CM and he is not to keen to carry on playing as a LB.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
NIPOLOPO said:
Wednesdayware said:

the comment about Flamini not being comfortable wasn't about his potential of playing as a left back, we all saw what he can do as a LB last season, but the comfortablity part is mentally not ability wise, he always stated that he likes to play as DM/CM and he is not to keen to carry on playing as a LB.

brilliant :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom