• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drthorne1

Ok people this one goes out to everyone who has said "Ashley Cole is ****" and "F** Off Cole"

What if he stays ?? What are you going to do then Shout this sort of stuff at him at the match ?

If he does stay then thats his chance to show how much this clubs mean to him on the pitch... F**** his book i could not care less and we are going to have to get used to more and more football players doing this.

We are all feeding of what the press are Saying and no one knows what really happend between Cole Arsenal and chelsea.

This kid has always been a Arsenal fan and lets not forget that and come on people we all make mistakes and we have to learn to forgive and forget.

IF we get 25-30 milion then fair play i will wish him all the best and dream of what could have been..

DaViEsW

Lol, I love the way we're (supposedly) playing games with Chelsea.

They'll just show their stupidity even more if they offer £30m for him.

drthorne1

Of course 30 million is stupid but are Arsenal more stupid for selling one of the best LB in the world to there rivals ??

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
It’s not about being stupid, the player wants to go there <and don’t tell me how do I know this, I’m a genius> and no one else is willing to pay over the odds to secure his service, do you think Chelsea would give a toss if we didn’t sellem Ashley Cole? of course not they have the money, and can go to Zambrotta’s agent and offer him and the player each two private jets, Buckingham palace and 1 million a week + 50 million pound to Madrid or whoever he recently signed with. they still get what they want, and what we would be left with be still an unhappy player who wants to leave the club desperately, who is willing to unsettle the club to get his wish.

otfgoon

Established Member
drthorne1 said:
Ok people this one goes out to everyone who has said "Ashley Cole is ****" and "F** Off Cole"

What if he stays ?? What are you going to do then Shout this sort of stuff at him at the match ?

If he does stay then thats his chance to show how much this clubs mean to him on the pitch... F**** his book i could not care less and we are going to have to get used to more and more football players doing this.

We are all feeding of what the press are Saying and no one knows what really happend between Cole Arsenal and chelsea.

This kid has always been a Arsenal fan and lets not forget that and come on people we all make mistakes and we have to learn to forgive and forget.

IF we get 25-30 milion then fair play i will wish him all the best and dream of what could have been..

I did forget, and was on my way to forgiving until he started writing crap in his book. And the simple fact of the mattter is he wont sign a new contract.

drthorne1

otfgoon said:
drthorne1 said:

I did forget, and was on my way to forgiving until he started writing crap in his book. And the simple fact of the mattter is he wont sign a new contract.

He signed a new contract last year and I did not realise a new contract was on the table from arsenal ?

jester

Established Member
i (sadly) think cole will be the exception to the general rule that arsenal players dont do well since they've left (along with gio and overmars, if they count).

its way to early for us to be going over the top with traore, who is nothing more than a great prospect. he isnt first team material yet and wont be for a little while, but he can become great.

otfgoon

Established Member
Yeah well you would sign a new contract if you were gitting a huge pay rise (cole was Arsenals top earner last year im told). Also, if Arsenal offerd him a two year extention tomorrow, without a pay-rise. do you thinkhe would sign it?

jester

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Yeah well you would sign a new contract if you were gitting a huge pay rise (cole was Arsenals top earner last year im told). Also, if Arsenal offerd him a two year extention tomorrow, without a pay-rise. do you thinkhe would sign it?

depends on the signing on fee.
and surely henry was the highest earner, his wages before and after the new contract easily beat ashleys, his goal and assist bonuses too, and he would have recieved one hell of a signing on fee

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
LB or RB are the positions that we won't hurt the most if we lose our first choice starter.

Yes, Eboue, Ralph, Justin can do an extremely good job in RB position , and left back -well while I agree with some of the posters that, Clichy might get hurt and we will be left with a 16 years old kid, I still think because Hoyte and Flamini can fill in the LB in an emergency situation, I'm more than happy to give this chance to Clichy to finally come out of Ashley Cole's shadow . But what I really want to see is a signing of a world class central back, and while I’m happy with Lehman’s performance last season and world cup, I still think having an extra world class goalie before the start of the season would be a wise move.

otfgoon

Established Member
jester said:
otfgoon said:

depends on the signing on fee.
and surely henry was the highest earner, his wages before and after the new contract easily beat ashleys, his goal and assist bonuses too, and he would have recieved one hell of a signing on fee

Henry was on 65k last year I am told, not sure if thats true but im pretty sure it is. Bonuses and sign on fees are another thing.

jester

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
LB or RB are the positions that we won't hurt the most if we lose our first choice starter.
its true, lb and rb arent pivotal positions, whereas losing our first choice fw or cm could harm us alot.

jester

Established Member
by that i mean they wont win or lose us a match as much as other positions would. they wouldnt disrupt our team if they had to be replaced as much as others ;)

usheray

We have 3 people who can play left back Clichy, Traore and Flamini, i dont think we need another LB what we need is a CB but again Davis who everyone is crying for is a young inexperienced players, funny how people slate Wenger for signing kids , wouldnt this be another kid joining the nursery?

Jkreffer

Established Member
usheray said:
We have 3 people who can play left back Clichy, Traore and Flamini, i dont think we need another LB what we need is a CB but again Davis who everyone is crying for is a young inexperienced players, funny how people slate Wenger for signing kids , wouldnt this be another kid joining the nursery?

This is probably why people would rather see an experienced replacement for Cole. If Davies were to also sign, our defense would have a talented but very inexperienced look about them.

usheray

And West brom are demanding 10 million for an enexperienced player, again brings up the issue of english talent being so expensive Henry cost what 11 million , Theo walcott 10 mill and you all think Wenger is going to splash 10 million on another kid, Arsène Wenger has an economics degree and i dont see that happening

Jkreffer

Established Member
Wenger has already said he will not pay that amount of money again for a young English talent...although probably referring more specifically to Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom