• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenalguru

CASShley Cole

Is he that important in our current defense?

He played only 15 GAMES for us last year, including the community shield. Most of the games he played, except the Chelsea away game and Final CL game which we were all lost, were with teams in the final half of the table. We just managed to survive most crucial games WITHOUT HIM!.

Arsenal paid him over 3 millions for his service last year.

That was an expensive 200k per game!

Please leave!

Jameel46

Established Member
flaunt said:
I think Wayne Bridge could act as adequate cover in the meantime if we're looking for LB's. I wouldn't shell out anything more than 5-6 million, but I think he could do a job for us.

Who knows, he might actually fulfill the potential he had early on in his career.

Currently he's not Arsenal quality, but he is Arsenal backup quality.

EDIT: Chelscum paid 7 mil for Bridge. We shouldn't pay more than 2-3 mil for him then. Plus, if he wants to leave Chelsea for 1st team, can't say he'd deserve 1st team action here either.

i like wayne bridge, he may not have the pace and skills of cole but he is motivated and does get the job done (and more importantly has a good attitude). maybe a swap deal, £20mil + Wayne bridge

drthorne1

Ok Rocky so I take it because I have been standing by Ashley Cole in some of my post does that make me one of the fans who ...

"simply watch us to be entertained and because we play nice football, and so want us to keep all our best players no matter what they have done, and don't want us to sell to Chelsea. "

Most of your previous post is very sad and bitter and some people would come out and say that jealousy runs right through the entire thing.

gunnerturk

drthorne1 said:
Ok Rocky so I take it because I have been standing by Ashley Cole in some of my post does that make me one of the fans who ...

"simply watch us to be entertained and because we play nice football, and so want us to keep all our best players no matter what they have done, and don't want us to sell to Chelsea. "

Most of your previous post is very sad and bitter and some people would come out and say that jealousy runs right through the entire thing.

No mate, it was the utter truth about entire Cashley affair, and I believe most of us feel the same way

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
drthorne1 said:

Mate Chelsea have been turned into a joke.

****y Cole's a joke too, neigh, a disgrace.

To borrow a phrase from Rocky:

**** him & **** them.

They're made for each other.

karl

Wayne Bridge is not exactly my favorite player, but at least is experienced. I think he used to look better with Southampton when he was under more pressure. The problem with the younger players is that the whole defense has an inexperienced feel about it and that matters more there than in attack or midfield.

The thing most people hate about Cashley apart from his sneaky behavior is his obvious love of money. Most premiership players could make more money than you could ever spend with a 5 year old representing them. Why would £60,000 a week plus all sorts of bonuses and endorsements not be enough for anyone! I find him completely obscene and believe he will fit in very nicely at the Bridge.

drthorne1

Look even I am a little perplexed as to why I am trying to support Ashley but I don't want to go over stuff I have already posted, but at the moment Chelsea have not made an "OFFICIAL BID" and currently he is an Arsenal player and what the hell happens if he stays are we going to BOO him every time he touches the ball or hold up banners Telling him to "**** off to Chelsea" ??

I and everyone on here knows that he has F*** up and this S*** with his book is frustrating and badly timed but Arsenal have known about this book for a while and we have to get used to the fact that he is not going to be the only Arsenal player to realise a book in the years to come.

Ashley has been Badly advised (agent) and made allot of mistakes in this whole affair but right now he is still a arsenal player I have not forgotten what he has done for this club in past.

Jameel46

Established Member
drthorne1 said:

the fact that you say you're standing by cole after he took a shot at the club just so he could get some publicity on his new book shows that you are not much of a fan and that you stand by the players more than the club.

karl

The difference with Cole is that his motivation is all wrong. As an Arsenal fan I can understand the reasons Crespo wants to move on. He wants to play for Milan because he likes the club, wants to play regularly and to live there. He rejected more Russian money and gifts. Also Gallas has worthy reasons to move on and out of the country.

drthorne1

Jameel46 said:
drthorne1 said:

the fact that you say you're standing by cole after he took a shot at the club just so he could get some publicity on his new book shows that you are not much of a fan and that you stand by the players more than the club.

Bull S*** mate i am standing up for what i belive in and you have no right to call me not much of a fan becuase of that.

hellolo

drthorne1 said:
Jameel46 said:
drthorne1 said:

Bull S*** mate i am standing up for what i belive in and you have no right to call me not much of a fan becuase of that.

so you believe in our players going behind our backs and talking to other clubs?

drthorne1

Of course i dont agree with that, and like i said before he has made a huge mistake but i cannot HATE the player becuase of that, If he had only been at the club a couple of years then yeah *PISS OFF" but this is a kid who has always had Arsenal in his blood and something pretty ***** up must of happend for him to go to that meeting in the first place.

Until all the facts come out i cannot simply turn my back on a player who for years i have had on the back of my shirt.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
drthorne1 said:

Jealous of Chelsea? I think you totally missed the point of my last post. If you read it you can see I am anything but jealous of that circus.

karl

I respect drthorne1’s opinion as another Arsenal fan. However, I do not want players like Cashley playing for the club I love. We could respect him for saying he made a mistake and was mislead by an agent. I believe he actually thinks he is in the right and has the moral high ground though.

I want players at the club who desperately want to win for the club. Look at how disappointed Wrighty was not to score just in the testimonial.

gunnerturk

drthorne1 said:
Of course i dont agree with that, and like i said before he has made a huge mistake but i cannot HATE the player becuase of that, If he had only been at the club a couple of years then yeah *PISS OFF" but this is a kid who has always had Arsenal in his blood and something pretty ***** up must of happend for him to go to that meeting in the first place.

Until all the facts come out i cannot simply turn my back on a player who for years i have had on the back of my shirt.

Which proves the fact that some of us just wants to be entertained and the rest don't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom