• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jameel46

Established Member
drthorne1 said:
Of course i dont agree with that, and like i said before he has made a huge mistake but i cannot HATE the player becuase of that, If he had only been at the club a couple of years then yeah *PISS OFF" but this is a kid who has always had Arsenal in his blood and something pretty ***** up must of happend for him to go to that meeting in the first place.

Until all the facts come out i cannot simply turn my back on a player who for years i have had on the back of my shirt.

basically, the thing that made him go off Arsenal is Money, you say he has arsenal in his blood but yet he still went behind the club's back for money, that's not much of a man.

hellolo

drthorne1 said:
Of course i dont agree with that, and like i said before he has made a huge mistake but i cannot HATE the player becuase of that, If he had only been at the club a couple of years then yeah *PISS OFF" but this is a kid who has always had Arsenal in his blood and something pretty ***** up must of happend for him to go to that meeting in the first place.

Until all the facts come out i cannot simply turn my back on a player who for years i have had on the back of my shirt.

I can kind of understand where you are coming from, but the fact that he was supposed to be "one of us" is what makes it hurts so much more and what makes us much more angry

drthorne1

We dont know 100% that i was just about the money and this is my point people have just jumped on the band wagon and said "ITS ALL THE ABOUT THE MONEY" when no one can honestly say that it is.

Look when the full story about this comes out I may well change my opinion on this but at the moment we are clutching at straws and scraps that the press are feeding to us.

For all we know there could be a section is his book begging for forgiveness from all the arsenal fans but there is no way the press would release that

otfgoon

Established Member
drthorne1 said:
We dont know 100% that i was just about the money and this is my point people have just jumped on the band wagon and said "ITS ALL THE ABOUT THE MONEY" when no one can honestly say that it is.

Look when the full story about this comes out I may well change my opinion on this but at the moment we are clutching at straws and scraps that the press are feeding to us.

For all we know there could be a section is his book begging for forgiveness from all the arsenal fans but there is no way the press would release that

yes they would, cole begging for forgiveness would sell far more papers than reprinting a story that has been done 893 times.

Jameel46

Established Member
drthorne1 said:

do you think that he brought out a $book£ so he could tell everyone what really happened because he cares? :lol: , or the more realistic idea of him doing it for more $money£ so that people who don't see the truth (like you) can $buy£ the $book£ and believe in the false truth. all ashley cole is seeing is $£$£$£

I haven't read his book nor ever intend to, don't these people get enough money from their clubs,endorsements,spin off's,sneaky under the table deals without fleecing the general hardworking,signing on,long suffering fan base of this club?

I wonder how Cole would have approached a manager like say, Brian Clough? Maybe he would have been shown the name on the door and handed a dictionary to find the meaning of manager.The second thing he would have found was the route to Rochdales training ground as he would have been on loan for a couple of months just to deflate his ego.

From what I have read from the media he seems to be mind set in leaving Arsenal and throwing around accusations that it was our club that forced him to make an under the table deal with Chelsea and that despicable bloated P Kenyon.
To sell him to another Premiership side is not a clever move as stated by many, why make Chelsea stronger?
I cannot see him moving to any Spanish side due to the horrendous racial abuse suffered by many black players.
This brings us back to selling to our Russian franchise and his Kerry Packer circus.

No player is bigger than the club, Mr Keown found that out a few years ago but he came back a better player.
I dont believe we can replace Cole with an English LB,there are none good enough. After our fantastic performance in the world cup I dont think we need worry about filling any position with an English player as they all were found out as overpaid, overhyped, gormless chumps with no fire or desire to win anything except a new contract for an advert with waggie tails dog food.

Maybe Cole has never heard of the saying Dont burn your bridges, he seems to have upset a large majority of this forum.Letting him go for the correct price looks to be the only way out of this fiasco.

drthorne1

hellolo said:
drthorne1 said:

I can kind of understand where you are coming from, but the fact that he was supposed to be "one of us" is what makes it hurts so much more and what makes us much more angry

Yeah i agree with that and it does hurt but and I to am angry with the whole thing but until this scandal comes to a head the truth is never going to come out

qs

Established Member
drthorne1 said:

What do you mean we dont know that it was about the money?

He didnt get the money he was demanding and went to talk to Chelsea.

We do know that. Thats pretty much as about the money as it gets.

Jameel46

Established Member
drthorne1 said:

do you think that he brought out a $book£ so he could tell everyone what really happened because he cares? :lol: , or the more realistic idea of him doing it for more $money£ so that people who don't see the truth (like you) can $buy£ the $book£ and believe in the false truth. all ashley cole is seeing is $£$£$£

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
otfgoon said:
drthorne1 said:

yes they would, cole begging for forgiveness would sell far more papers than reprinting a story that has been done 893 times.

Not really. Controversy is what sells papers - especially tabloid ones. Printing an apology (assuming that one is there) would draw a line under the saga and there would be nothing else to write on the matter thereafter. Firstly it was about Cole not inviting Wenger to his wedding (but then there were only 2 or 3 footballers there) followed by recycled quotes about the club feeding him to the sharks.

I hope I was able to illustrate to you how easy it is to paint a false picture of someone's current state of thinking by using selective quoting, and the club has known about this book for some time - so what would now suddenly trigger his sale?

The only thing I can think of with certainty is the question of whether or not he is willing to extend the duration of his current contract which has only 2 years remaining. We lost Edu for nothing when we could have fetched a good £10m for him and I don't think the club will want that happening again.

I just hope for anyone wondering why myself or any others are not coming down on Cole, you realise that I'm taking his behaviour and commitment to the club over 10 years into account. He's a young, wealthy celebrity and needs to deal with the fact that there will be millions of people who he's never met that will have an opinion on him. Please distinguish this from defending him over the club, because all I want to do is maintain a neutral position until I hear the full story.

There may be more to the situation than meets the eye or there may not, but all I have to go on is my own gut feeling and intuition that there are other details to this whole affair that we have not yet been priviledged enough to know. Details that would probably be less important if this had been a player who had repeatedly let the club down in the past (e.g. Pennant).

Jameel46

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
otfgoon said:
drthorne1 said:

Not really. Controversy is what sells papers - especially tabloid ones. Printing an apology (assuming that one is there) would draw a line under the saga and there would be nothing else to write on the matter thereafter. Firstly it was about Cole not inviting Wenger to his wedding (but then there were only 2 or 3 footballers there) followed by recycled quotes about the club feeding him to the sharks.

I hope I was able to illustrate to you how easy it is to paint a false picture of someone's current state of thinking by using selective quoting, and the club has known about this book for some time - so what would now suddenly trigger his sale?

The only thing I can think of with certainty is the question of whether or not he is willing to extend the duration of his current contract which has only 2 years remaining. We lost Edu for nothing when we could have fetched a good £10m for him and I don't think the club will want that happening again.

I just hope for anyone wondering why myself or any others are not coming down on Cole, you realise that I'm taking his behaviour and commitment to the club over 10 years into account. He's a young, wealthy celebrity and needs to deal with the fact that there will be millions of people who he's never met that will have an opinion on him. Please distinguish this from defending him over the club, because all I want to do is maintain a neutral position until I hear the full story.

There may be more to the situation than meets the eye or there may not, but all I have to go on is my own gut feeling and intuition that there are other details to this whole affair that we have not yet been priviledged enough to know. Details that would probably be less important if this had been a player who had repeatedly let the club down in the past (e.g. Pennant).

Big Poppa your post was too long so i didn't bother reading it. :lol:

burnsjed

Established Member
Wasn't his wedding on the same day we playerd Barnet?
Could be one explanation for lack of Wenger etc.

Sorry Big Poppa your 'creative journalistic' writing may have satisfied yourself, but did very little to me I'm afraid.

flaunt

I wonder what Dennis Bergkamp's book is about. Oh wait, he doesn't have one. Somebody has to get that man a book deal.

Personally I feel books/autobiographies by people whose versions of life's lows include 1)being forced to exist on 30,000 a week, 2)being accused a homosexual (but prevailed because I got plenty of cash from the paper I sued) and 3)being made the "scapegoat" of something they did wrong; as trivial.

Arsenal should furnish Emirates with copies of his book though. People might actually steal toilet paper.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
burnsjed said:

Sorry Big Poppa your 'creative journalistic' writing may have satisfied yourself, but did very little to me I'm afraid.

Sposed to be but my bird read in one of those celeb mags that it was on the Friday.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
burnsjed said:

I'm sort of glad you said that, because it's exactly how I feel about some of the vitriol that gets written by the tabloid press which manages to get a grip on so many people.

drthorne1

If people choose to belive what alot of the papers are saying then thats up to them. Just please dont take everything as the TRUTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom