• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-d

Established Member
Guillermo said:
Paddy from Sweden said:
Guillermo said:
hleb said:
As unreal as it sounds, think about it.

- Why did we lowball like we did and let madrid sweep us aside?
- AW did speek to baptista and im sure he knew about the passport problem. So did Real.
- Luxemburgo is looking to replace Carlos.
- Why did Cole just sign a 1-year extension? He gets is payrise, he'll maintain his transfer value. Both sides gain.
- It's highly likely that Ballack will go to them in the summer. Baptista will have to move to get games.

I there are some rumours that Arsenal and Real have this already sorted out. I would be absolutely shocked if this was to happen. :shock:
Throw into the mix that Wenger also signed another left-back in Armand Traore.

The whole concept seems a little far-fetched to me, though I would welcome it.

Have we really signed Armand Traore? He's nowhere on Arsenal.com. He haven't played any matches for the reserves nor the U18's.
The transfer was confirmed in the summer, yes; and I'm sure he has been on the bench a few times for the first team this season.

Who's first team? Certainly not Arsenal's. He's never been near the first team squad. Not sure who your thinking of.

burnsjed

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
kamikaze80 said:
why be all secretive about it when theres no need for secrecy? i suppose the same reason that the CIA killed kennedy

Wait a minute... the CIA DID kill Kennedy, didn't they?

I thought they killed Marilyn Monroe!

qs

Established Member
burnsjed said:
RocktheCasbah said:
kamikaze80 said:
why be all secretive about it when theres no need for secrecy? i suppose the same reason that the CIA killed kennedy

I thought they killed Marilyn Monroe!

I thought Kennedy killed Kennedy ala Red Dwarf

I really hope this dealis true(even though its not)

My imaginiation is getting carried away with the thoughts of a possible attack of

Freddie/Hleb Gilberto Baptista Reyes

Torres Henry

Bench Fab, Yaya, RVP

oh please god let it all be true.

asajoseph

Established Member
One of the provisions on gaining Spanish nationailty is actually staying in Spain. It's intended for people who live and work there, not for people to get a free ticket into the EU. Baptista signing for Arsenal, and perhaps even a declared intent to do so, could have seriously jeapordised his application, so actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this indeed was kept a secet.

Still, I don't believe there IS any kind of deal, at this stage...

Wildcat018

Asa, you took the words right out of my mouth...err...off my keyboard I guess. The whole idea of getting a Spanish Nationality is LIVING and WORKING and Spain. If we bought him and loaned him to Real, he wouldn't really be considered as working in Spain.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
I'll be very happy if the swap deal will occur. Finally a replacement for Vieira and Clich can take Cole's place

Gurgen

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
kamikaze80 said:

Actually the mafia killed Kennedy, they got the green light from the CIA though. The mob got JFK a lot of votes but when he was in office he screwed them over with his new legislation.

Slightly off topic? :wink:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We were willing to offer Baptista a big pay-check if he came to us, we offered more money fpr the club aswell. So I do think Wenger really wanted him, we would he want the passport then?. Isn'tr the only foreign (outside EU) in our squad Kolo now so we did have room for him, what is the limit now anyway?

Gurgen

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Nah, the mafia didn't have the power to do it, I'm sure of it..

What power do you need to kill one man?
You give a guy a gun and tell him to aim at the guy who is waving to the crowd all the time :wink:

fuma75

Gurgen said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Nah, the mafia didn't have the power to do it, I'm sure of it..

What power do you need to kill one man?
You give a guy a gun and tell him to aim at the guy who is waving to the crowd all the time :wink:
they dont have the power to change the route, remove the secret service, etc

Gurgen

Established Member
They would if working with the CIA. Besides, those guards can be bought. If members of the senate can be bought, so can the security service.

gstew

Gurgen said:
They would if working with the CIA. Besides, those guards can be bought. If members of the senate can be bought, so can the security service.

I would argue that it is far easier to buy a Senator than multiple Secret Service officers.

kamikaze80

Established Member
interesting kennedy stuff, i guess.

you guys are right, it obviously wouldnt help his case if he belonged to arsenal, but i think it would depend on the language of the law. if he lived in spain and played for a spanish side that paid his wages, that might be enough. its not that different from someone who works at a factory in spain thats owned by a foreign corporation. anyway, none of us are solicitors familiar with spanish immigration law, so at the end of the day, were just making stuff up.

Mckenna

At the end of the day, the signs are there. Ballack stalling and waiting to move to Real Madrid (although its possible that he might be replacing a certain Z. Zidane) Baptista will be benched. Cole only signs a one year extension which was just a stop gap. RM need a replacement for Carlos, and they only buy the best. Cole is the best, and they are going to bid for him. We want Baptista, and will ask for him in exchange. They'll notice that he's about to be benched and send him on his way.

Its also important to note that he wanted to stay in Spain for other reasons, he needed to make sure he made the World Cup, and had he moved to UK and done a Veron, he might not have done that, so he wanted to move elsewhere in Spain, aside from that there is extensive discussion above re: nationality issues which I don't need to go into.

Definitely on the cards, along with new striker Torres/Kuyt makes me tingle all over.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Has anybody thought of the down side to this, which is we LOSE ASHLEY COLE!? Yes the guy has been a grade A nob, and yes Clichy is very good, but Ashley is the best, and quite frankly if you have the best at your club, you want to make sure he stays there. It is quite possible that Baptista, who has already been benched and off form this season could look for a move anyway. This would mean we wouldn't have to get rid of Cole. Lets just hope this supposed tansfer kitty is not just a load of newspaper bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom