• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Big Poppa said:
F******g hell, am I the only one that can see the utter madness in selling Cole to Chelsea? For the extra £10m or so that Chelsea are willing to pay, only a small amount will be added to our already sufficient transfer budget and even then - what does it guarantee?!? You just don't go selling your best and most consistent players (who have yet to even reach their prime) to your biggest rivals. Period.

Mourinho took the piss out of our manager and now we're doing him favours?? (like that money's really gonna hurt his pocket!). As was said before, complaining from the rafters about Chelsea's behaviour only to shut up and bend over when they come waving a cheque book is not the sign of a club with any sort of self-respect. We're better than that surely? Even after Gerrard handed in a transfer request and Chelsea came in with a £35m bid, they still told them to f***k off. I personally don't give a f***K about Cole's relationship with the board. I'm only interested in how he performs on the pitch. If his relationship with the board affects his performances on the pitch - then it's a different matter. However, he still gets on with the players, he's joined up with the camp in Austria, what's the big deal. Let's get on with the business of playing football!

Where's the sense in strengthening a rival we're already desperately trying to catch? If we did equal damage to them, by taking Essien and Gallas then maybe - but still, the idea of it stinks. As it happens Roberto Carlos has just confirmed in an interview that he will be staying with Real Madrid after having had talks with Capello, so it looks like we either keep Cole or do business with the enemy of football.

Your are not the only one mate, if he still can do tyhe job then let him finish his contract then leave. By then Clichy and Traore has matured even more andwwe don't have to buy a replacmement

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

YeahBee said:
Big Poppa said:
F******g hell, am I the only one that can see the utter madness in selling Cole to Chelsea? For the extra £10m or so that Chelsea are willing to pay, only a small amount will be added to our already sufficient transfer budget and even then - what does it guarantee?!? You just don't go selling your best and most consistent players (who have yet to even reach their prime) to your biggest rivals. Period.

Mourinho took the piss out of our manager and now we're doing him favours?? (like that money's really gonna hurt his pocket!). As was said before, complaining from the rafters about Chelsea's behaviour only to shut up and bend over when they come waving a cheque book is not the sign of a club with any sort of self-respect. We're better than that surely? Even after Gerrard handed in a transfer request and Chelsea came in with a £35m bid, they still told them to f***k off. I personally don't give a f***K about Cole's relationship with the board. I'm only interested in how he performs on the pitch. If his relationship with the board affects his performances on the pitch - then it's a different matter. However, he still gets on with the players, he's joined up with the camp in Austria, what's the big deal. Let's get on with the business of playing football!

Where's the sense in strengthening a rival we're already desperately trying to catch? If we did equal damage to them, by taking Essien and Gallas then maybe - but still, the idea of it stinks. As it happens Roberto Carlos has just confirmed in an interview that he will be staying with Real Madrid after having had talks with Capello, so it looks like we either keep Cole or do business with the enemy of football.

Your are not the only one mate, if he still can do tyhe job then let him finish his contract then leave. By then Clichy and Traore has matured even more andwwe don't have to buy a replacmement

yup, agree , rather keep him till his contract runs out , then sell him to Chelsea. It's a job and you don't have to like your boss or the your work.

Army of Me

Established Member
ok.

so we keep him until his contract runs out and then what? he join's chelsea for free and we get **** all for it?

i'd rather take the £30mil now than having to put up with him for 2 more years.

asajoseph

Established Member
It depends.

Honestly, if the extra 10 million from Chelsea would be properly invested in the squad, I'd be happier to sell him to them.

But then if we're just going to bank it anyway, I'd rather he went to Madrid and we got less.

gunnerturk

Since RC told he wouldn't be going to Fenerbahce as he wants to stay with Capello (the news was on several turkish papers today) possibilities of Madrid signing ca$hley must be slim.

karl

If I was in charge at Madrid, I would buy Cole for £16m and then sell on to the Bridge at a vast profit. We should just sell him to the highest bidder.

Grampus_Eight

GUNNERS4L1FE said:
When does he get back from his honeymoon

He's not coming back to Arsenal, so who cares. He's either back in London sorting out the negotiations with Barnet or he's already out in LA recording some duets with Cheryl (DJ Masterstepz to spin and produce) until he can join up with all his chav amigos.

lijo47

YeahBee said:
NIPOLOPO said:
goonerz49 said:
ashlet cole is my favourite ever player

oh here is the link to unofficial chelsea forum , (just thought make it easier for you, I know you're busy and all that stuff)

http://www.cfc-net.co.uk/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=7

Enjoy yourself mate . :thumbup

man that forum looks hideus

ya man it looks disgusting man ARSENAL MANIA rocks :respect

Back to the topic i know we shouldnt sell cole to chelsea
BUT 30mill is a lot of money

And i seriously dont mind selling cole if we get Gallas

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
pha2er said:
ok.

so we keep him until his contract runs out and then what? he join's chelsea for free and we get **** all for it?

i'd rather take the £30mil now than having to put up with him for 2 more years.

Yeah keep him for 2 years and by then we don't have to spend any money on a replacement. So by giving up a huge fee from Chelski we "pay" for Clichy/Traores further developement into starters. And there is no chance even if we did get 30m for him we could sign an equally good LB

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
asajoseph said:
It depends.

Honestly, if the extra 10 million from Chelsea would be properly invested in the squad, I'd be happier to sell him to them.

But then if we're just going to bank it anyway, I'd rather he went to Madrid and we got less.

And tbh if they get Cole to play LB isntead of Gallas/Del Horno that wouldn't be such a huge improvement anyhow. So I see your reason in selling to them to get more money to build the squad.

AFCG7

Established Member
Chelsea are strong anyway..dont think signing Cole will make a huge difference.
But £30 million for Arsenal to use will make a massive difference.

Jameel46

Established Member
GUNNERS4L1FE said:
On SSN it says that Cole left the arsenal training ground earlier today within an hour of arriving

let's hope it's because all the other players kicked him out. :lol:

Army of Me

Established Member
GUNNERS4L1FE said:
On SSN it says that Cole left the arsenal training ground earlier today within an hour of arriving
It's like turning up for school on a holiday. Everyone's in Austria, why would he hang about?

otfgoon

Established Member
GUNNERS4L1FE said:

To be frank the only people there are the kids and the guys recovering from injuries, it could be that he was just sent home. At least the little bugger turned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom