• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zievad

How many did he let in though. Loads more than 5. He's rubbish and has been for the last 5 years or so. Big headed, self-absorbed, sh1thead. Would fit in relly well at chelski, pity he didn't go.

Number8

bojed said:
Number8 said:
Gooner83 said:
Carlos is not over-rated... hes been one of the most consistant fullbacks for quite some time... He can hit freekicks with real power but since when was freekicks part of a defenders job anyway.

When the last time he actually scored from one of his free-kicks? He was always over-rated, but now with his advanced age he's just a bit of a joke really.

last season with real madrid...

in fact he scored 5 for his club last season...

If you say so. Its just that the opponents always seem to be wetting their pants when he steps up for a free-kick, like say when Beckham or van Hooijdonk used to. However with Roberto Carlos it always gets booted high and wide. Other than that confederations cup freekick I don't think he's anything special.

Gurgen

Established Member
Ratinho said:
Gooner83 said:
Carlos is not over-rated... hes been one of the most consistant fullbacks for quite some time... He can hit freekicks with real power but since when was freekicks part of a defenders job anyway.

No, he was.

For at least 3 seasons now, he's been an arrogant mess at the back thinkning about his own game, which has mainly involved wandering out of position and hammering the ball away as high and hard as he can.

And when he demands teh ball on so many free kicks, only to f**k them up, then free kicks are very much his job.

Loved it when he actually tried to score at the World Cup from the sideline, 40 yards out, with two strikers waiting for a cross.

Such a ****.

Ratinho

Established Member
And Gilberto (not ours) had one game, completely overshadowed and outclassed Carlos, and was dropped after it.

Net result, Carlos looking dissinterested and showing his arrogance (with little if anything to back it up) before and during teh Ghana game, then having a genuine 1/10 performance against France whilst watching Henry stroll in and volley home.

Harding

amen to that!

carlos was the culpirate of perhaps the most terrible piece of marking ever when he let thierry go in that set piece. that like throwin a piece of meat at a starving crocodile and not expecting him to tear the **** out of it

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i gave carlos' goal tally just to show Number8 when was the last time carlos scored a goal...

he's good at initiating attacks from the left flank but numerous times he forgot that he's a defender and not a striker...

karl

I didn't mean to bash Roberto Carlos so hard. He was a good player in his day who started to believe he was the world's foremost authority on free kicks after a couple of successes. I just think he ignores his responsibilities as a fullback and misses the point of his position completely. That kind of player can be carried and indulged when they have the recovery pace and are playing in a good team, but he has slowed and Real and Brazil have faded a little as well.

karl

I've only ever seen Abidal at the world cup and I thought he looked OK, but got caught out a few times. Has anyone noticed him before?

regele

Established Member
godfather said:
I heard AW is very keen on Eric Abidal and Florent Malouda.
I've only heard that they want to leave Lyon, but if we were interested in them(wich I doubt) I wouldn't have anything against it, Abidal would probably make LB his own and Malouda would be a good backup/contender for LM and RM.

Hollanda

godfather said:

Real Madrid wants Abidal 2. Carlos was good. Remember his free kick against france with a friendly match with brazil.

maxwell

carlos isnt washed as some say, his decline is sightly exaggareted, but i don't think he would cope in the EPL now and wouldn't improve our team. Malouda is a solid player, but is not as good as reyes

Chicago

so I know that Ashley had a "stomache problem" that one day, but how come he didn't travel to Austria at the same time as Gilberto, who was as involved in the world cup as cole in terms of how far they went.

So it seems obvious, but clearly Cole isn't staying, we have no left back and if we had a chance of Cole staying, he'd be practicing to get back to match fitness

OoDy

Chicago said:
but how come he didn't travel to Austria at the same time as Gilberto, who was as involved in the world cup as cole in terms of how far they went

He was on his Honeymoon

gun4glory

Hollanda said:
godfather said:

Real Madrid wants Abidal 2. Carlos was good. Remember his free kick against france with a friendly match with brazil.
He can kick! Let's buy him!

I'd bet Wenger can put away a free kick, you want him playing for us?
(Forget the DB10 testimonial :lol: )

Carlos is past it.
End of.

goonerz49

i dunno you been discussing it earlier i cant be arsed to look but what is everyones theories about why cole signed the year extention last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom