• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeRon

I'm gonna boo him, maybe not on the grand scale as manure fans, but for the way he has treated everyone involved witht the club and the people that pay his effing wages! He IS ****!!!!

You know that deep down his 'team mates' are booing him too!!!! :wink:

_scorpion_

Established Member
Just yell out "Kanuuuu" every time he gets the ball...

But on a serious note - he aint staying so your arguing about a hypothetical.

Gallas will get his move to Milan. The number change pretty much confirms that.

I don't understand why people would even hestitate at 20million pounds!

For a LB? Are you kidding?

Even if the situation with Cole was better I would sell him at 20 million pounds without a blink.

So while I commend the board for milking the filthy russian for more, 20 million pounds is solid business......30 million is highway robbery but hey if you don't ask.....you don't get.

Flamini (short term), Clichy (long term) and Traore (future) is more than enough cover.

The real position in the defence that needs cover is the reserve LCD (someone to replace Cygan).

I'm sure Shilla can do the trick and at $500K, its a no-brainer. Your talking about an international quality CD willing to sit on the bench here!

Quit dreaming about Ayala, Chivu, Gallas etc......how many of you serously believe any of those mentioned would consider sitting on the bench? Then factor in the wages while you have the time.

When you put a youth system in place - you live or die by it. Nothing last season suggested to me that we will die by it!

With more experience and some patience from fans, players like Song, Senderos, Djourou, Clichy, Flamini could reach the highest levels.

Just give it time.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Very good points Scorpion. Even without the whole chelski saga..i think LB is only second to RB in regards to positions that we can afford to lose our starter. A combination of Clicy/Flamini/Traore/Cygan will cover the holes to a certain extent. If the board manages to swap Gallas with Cashley that will be really sweet..but either way 20M is very good business. Might actually buy 2 additional african trialists with a fraction of that profit :)

_scorpion_

Established Member
African trialists with more talent and zero attitude at a fraction of the cost!

I still remember the "Kolo Toure is a headless chicken" threads....now people want him to have the captian's arm band!

I for one hope we do sign Shilla.

vin de guerre

Gooner83 said:
USArsenal said:
putting him in the squad lowers his price? not until he actually plays...

besides, as much as people hate him, i would prefer him to actually stay with us as he is one of the best in his positions...

he doesn't have to play if hes registered with one club he can't register again with another.

INCORRECT! He msut play to be barred from registering with another club for the next stage of the CL. Therefore since he is going to have the ****s for at least until the end of the transfer window this will have no affect on any price. To be honest it sounds more like handbags at twenty paces rather than any ploy to make more money!

AFCFan4Ever

_scorpion_ said:

Even if the situation with Cole was better I would sell him at 20 million pounds without a blink.

So while I commend the board for milking the filthy russian for more, 20 million pounds is solid business......30 million is highway robbery but hey if you don't ask.....you don't get.

Flamini (short term), Clichy (long term) and Traore (future) is more than enough cover.

The real position in the defence that needs cover is the reserve LCD (someone to replace Cygan).

I'm sure Shilla can do the trick and at $500K, its a no-brainer. Your talking about an international quality CD willing to sit on the bench here!

Quit dreaming about Ayala, Chivu, Gallas etc......how many of you serously believe any of those mentioned would consider sitting on the bench? Then factor in the wages while you have the time.

When you put a youth system in place - you live or die by it. Nothing last season suggested to me that we will die by it!

With more experience and some patience from fans, players like Song, Senderos, Djourou, Clichy, Flamini could reach the highest levels.

Just give it time.

So any idea as to what we'd do with the money??? Buy someone now or wait and splash out in Jan.?

I would've suggested Ribery but he looks all but confirmed to stay with Marsielle.....for now at least.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
So any idea as to what we'd do with the money??? Buy someone now or wait and splash out in Jan.?

I would've suggested Ribery but he looks all but confirmed to stay with Marsielle.....for now at least.

It's Wenger so nothing..

:cry:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
_scorpion_ said:

Just give it time.

I'd still rather have the player than the cash. Nothing is set in stone about him leaving. Presumably he's been training with the rest of the squad for the last couple of days and he'll be named in the CL squad today, he'll almost definitely play on tuesday. As some people have already pointed out, our squad is thin on experience and Clichy, Flamini and Traore are very talented but not exactly pillars of defensive strength - yet. Clichy is made of glass, Traore is 16 and Flamini is a midfielder who got destroyed by the only really semi-dangerous winger he's faced - Lennon.

The key component here is consistency over an entire season. Cole is one of the few remaining players in the team that has proven it. Lehmann, Kolo, Lauren, Freddie and Henry are about the only others. Gifted as Cesc is, people forget that he is just turned 19 and that consistency over a whole season is not something he has yet managed to achieve and probably won't until he's been playing for a good few more years. Senderos, Djourou, Clichy, Flamini, Song, Reyes, van Persie are all still finding their feet in this respect and yet Arsenal are expected to take on a title charge? Unlikely.

You need a good back-bone of six or seven proven players for the aforementioned to gain guidance from when they suffer sporradic losses of conifdence at inevitably difficult periods in the season. They'll shine in individual matches I have no doubt of that, but how will they deal with cutely rehearsed set-pieces, physical intimidation, late tackles, dodgy pitches, freezing conditions, loss of confidence, niggling injuries, big game pressure over an entire season? At such a young age it's tremendously difficult, and possibly endemic of our string of 1-0 away defeats last season.

People say "Wow, £20m for a left back!" but are you taking into account that this left-back has survived all of the above on a weekly basis for 6 years, maintained quality performances and is still just 25 years old?

Cole, has been to 2 world cups, won 2 league titles, 2 fa cups, 70-odd international caps, 200+ Prem appearances... I don't care about off the field histrionics, losing that amount of quality, experience and know-how from a squad as youthful as ours in ANY position let alone defence is something you cannot just replace with mere physical and technical quality.

Our problem has never been regarding talent. If that were the criteria for success they should give us the title right now. The club won't engage in any nonsense like 'calling Chelsea's bluff' - they'll genuinely want to give the situation every possible opportunity to be resolved so that an established world-class player who is an important part of the team and would improve almost any side in Europe, remains an Arsenal player.

_scorpion_ said:

I still remember the "Kolo Toure is a headless chicken" threads....now people want him to have the captian's arm band!

great shout about Kolo mate, i was one who thought he strated off like a bee in a jar with the lid on, i was so wrong

AGooner

I have a feeling the nouveau riche aren't really that keen on Cole and are just doing this to F*ck us up, as they know that AW can work miracles with the cash. By this time Abramovich usually coughs up the dough, but this seems to have gone on too long?

I say well done to AW and the board for saying nothing (amid all the media cr*p that's been said) they are doing brilliantly in a difficult situation.

I say register Cole for the Champs League, and then let him rot in the reserves. This is the only solution, otherwise the agent of the next slightly disgruntled player will get them to do exactly the same (write books, articles etc slagging off the club), to force a transfer through.

qs

Established Member
AGooner join the real world mate. We cant afford to turn down 20 million just to prove a point.

Cole has to be sold, end of story

Saville

As much as i dont want to say it i really dont want to see Cole go!!

1. He is the best Left back in the world ..
2. He is one of my favourite footballer's.

Going to get the crap kicked out of me now for saying that but tbh i would prefer him than Gallas!

kel varnsen

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:

players like ayala, chivu, gallas etc wouldn't sit on the bench. they'd displace senderos before you could say senderos. as for wages, i think they have been seriously slashed in the last year or so. pires, sol, bergkamp and vieira all gone. that is probably close to almost £300k a week.

Jameel46

Established Member
qs said:
Buy Davies and Abidal. Sorted.

no point buying abidal, clichy is better than him, hell even armand traore impresses me more than abidal. davies is no longer an option as he just signed a new contract with the ball baggies.

kel varnsen

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:

what's shilla got to do with toure, other than the fact that they're both african? so because toure turned out to be a massive succes, it is likely that shilla will be a massive succes? based alone on the fact that they're both african...?

Jameel46

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
_scorpion_ said:

what's shilla got to do with toure, other than the fact that they're both african? so because toure turned out to be a massive succes, it is likely that shilla will be a massive succes? based alone on the fact that they're both african...?

he's just saying that he might turn out to be a very good defender, not anything to do with them being african, everyone thought that toure wasn't much and now he's one of the most consistent performers at arsenal.

Avenell87

Do what the chavs do, make him rot in the reserves haha. On a serious note, as much as i hate him, hes a quality player and none of us can argue against that fact, but i believe that clichy and young traore are perfectly capable recruits to take his place. If i played for the club i loved, money wouldnt even come into it....shows what an a** he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom