• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saville

Avenell87 said:
Do what the chavs do, make him rot in the reserves haha. On a serious note, as much as i hate him, hes a quality player and none of us can argue against that fact, but i believe that clichy and young traore are perfectly capable recruits to take his place. If i played for the club i loved, money wouldnt even come into it....shows what an a** he is.

he probably doesnt care about the money, he probably cares about winning the best thing in Club football which is the Premiership .... and with the team we have got for next season, expect chelsea to retain it the 3rd season going!

cesc18

kel varnsen said:
_scorpion_ said:
African trialists with more talent and zero attitude at a fraction of the cost!

I still remember the "Kolo Toure is a headless chicken" threads....now people want him to have the captian's arm band!

I for one hope we do sign Shilla.

what's shilla got to do with toure, other than the fact that they're both african? so because toure turned out to be a massive succes, it is likely that shilla will be a massive succes? based alone on the fact that they're both african...?
:lol:
i think he means at less than a million it is a no risk option
i d prefer gallas +10m for cashley but doesnt seem likely no matter what the press may write
gallas would probably go to milan anyway

kel varnsen

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
and Flamini is a midfielder who got destroyed by the only really semi-dangerous winger he's faced - Lennon.

flamini played well against man u, juventus and real madrid in which he came up against players like ronaldo, camoranesi, nedved and beckham. not to mention, he didn't get destroyed by lennon. lennon beat him once one on one throughout the entire match at highbury. the problem was the lack of communication between senderos and flamini; senderos was just as much to blame for the problems lennon caused in the first half. in addition, lennon went completely awol for the entire second half. all in all, a decent performance by flamini and that was his supposedly worst game? i'd say that is fairly impressive. especially considering the fact that lennon humiliated a lot of left backs last season...

qs

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Big Poppa said:
and Flamini is a midfielder who got destroyed by the only really semi-dangerous winger he's faced - Lennon.

flamini played well against man u, juventus and real madrid in which he came up against players like ronaldo, camoranesi, nedved and beckham. not to mention, he didn't get destroyed by lennon. lennon beat him once one on one throughout the entire match at highbury. the problem was the lack of communication between senderos and flamini; senderos was just as much to blame for the problems lennon caused in the first half. in addition, lennon went completely awol for the entire second half. all in all, a decent performance by flamini and that was his supposedly worst game? i'd say that is fairly impressive. especially considering the fact that lennon humiliated a lot of left backs last season...

Exactly. Flamini got done by Lennons pace, most full backs do. He was just unfortunate this happened to be the time Lennon got lucky instead of doing his usual trick of beating his man and then wasting it.

kel varnsen

Established Member
nidza7 said:
indeed,Flamini got one bad game,so what?

He`s useless for LB?f**k no.He`s brilliant.

not only did he play well, he got better by each week as his confidence grew and he got to know his role. in the first few matches, he was fairly catious, but in the last few matches he wasn't afraid to bomb forward like cole used to do.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
gallas is super disgruntled with chelsea now, jose public criticised him, his chelsea days is seriously numbered. wonder if cole suddenly became loyal, then we add gallas. OMFG.

Jameel46

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
gallas is super disgruntled with chelsea now, jose public criticised him, his chelsea days is seriously numbered. wonder if cole suddenly became loyal, then we add gallas. OMFG.

Asley Cole, loyal....... :lol: :lol: no loyalty in cole once he sees £$£$£$

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

yesterday i had a dream, cole called a press conference and said he is loyal to us. then he published his books which praised us instead of criticise. then he sue the whatever newspaper for slander. :lol:

i would be the happiest man on earth

qs

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
nidza7 said:
indeed,Flamini got one bad game,so what?

He`s useless for LB?f**k no.He`s brilliant.

not only did he play well, he got better by each week as his confidence grew and he got to know his role. in the first few matches, he was fairly catious, but in the last few matches he wasn't afraid to bomb forward like cole used to do.

The only problem with that was no one ever seemed to pick up on that. You could always seen him making the overlapping run and he would end up in a decent bit of space but very rarely was the ball played out to him. I found that a bit disappointing.

What I'd like to see this season is Flamini making those kinds of surging runs from midifield and haviong the confidence to get back then and fulfill his defensive duties.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
kel varnsen said:
Big Poppa said:

I wasn't wishing to focus on an individual, but to highlight the fact that while a player like Flamini playing at LB undoubtedly has the credentials to put in those top individual performances like that, he's not yet one who's done it consistently over a season. It also remains that LB is not his natural position, nor a role has wished to be considered for on a permanent basis. An emergency option if you like.

The point you make about lack of communication in the Sp**s game is a particularly poignant one. It identifies that there is still a shortage of genuine leadership and experience in key areas of the team. While Senderos was best placed to set out the defensive positioning, communication has to be reciprocal. We have youngsters learning from other youngsters rather than senior internationals, and I don't feel that the right balance is quite there yet.

Well, just a point of view.

burnsjed

Established Member
Be interesting to see if Cole willingly plays if he is picked on Tuesday, or digs in his heels so he is more likely to be picked up by another team.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Big Poppa said:
kel varnsen said:
Big Poppa said:

I wasn't wishing to focus on an individual, but to highlight the fact that while a player like Flamini playing at LB undoubtedly has the credentials to put in those top individual performances like that, he's not yet one who's done it consistently over a season. It also remains that LB is not his natural position, nor a role has wished to be considered for on a permanent basis. An emergency option if you like.

The point you make about lack of communication in the Sp**s game is a particularly poignant one. It identifies that there is still a shortage of genuine leadership and experience in key areas of the team. While Senderos was best placed to set out the defensive positioning, communication has to be reciprocal. We have youngsters learning from other youngsters rather than senior internationals, and I don't feel that the right balance is quite there yet.

Well, just a point of view.

i agree with bigpoppa. flamini, for all his excellency in a lb, isnt really his real position. i don't think he look really comfortable there if you analysed all his movements. he often get confused with his footing, and always control till the ball is out. he lacks real pace for a left back, though he is very hard working. his positioning and all isnt that good, so i would appreciate a real pacy leftback in.

anesumachoko

ther is noway wenger will think of flamini as a leftback for the whole season but what catches me the most is he can be consistent for a month or two while clinchy comes on.at one point a youngster has to get the chance and that how they become world class

asajoseph

Established Member
Flamini hasn't played left-back once during any of the pre-season friendlies.

Which probably tells you all you need to know about where Wenger sees Flamini playing eventually.

Indeed, he even said that he wanted to focus on playing in midfield (a position that he is not, in my oppinion, capable of filling).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom