• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame24

Established Member
so we cant sell him for 25 million now right?

what the **** is gonna happen, and when are we gonna get some quality at the back

King_Henry_14

cole <> gallas ?? worth it ?? i dont think so

if we could get gallas and keep cole then that would be fantastic but we wood need to brain wash them into loving the club somehow

thegame24

Established Member
Id take 15 million plus gallas

sweet deal

no english players though and that might be hard when naming cl squad

goonerz49

thegame24 said:
so we cant sell him for 25 million now right?

what the f**k is gonna happen, and when are we gonna get some quality at the back

no not right at all, ashley cole will only be cup tied for chelski if he plays during the game, him being in the squad/bench means nothing

gun4glory

i dont think he'll play, i think AW did this to scare Chelsea into an emergency buy ie more ca$h...
In all fairness, even if he wasn't, I don't think Cole will want to play

bobbydazzler

Hi im new here. i hope chel$ki put in a bid for cole so we can finally get rid of the judas. 15 mill+ gallas or 25 mill would be great buisness

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
he could play center too.

i agree with asa, flamini looks horribly out of place in center mid in preseason. just where is his best position?

bobbydazzler

if we get over 20 million wenger could seriously strenghten his squad, he could but he wont he'll just buy cheap and cheerful, i.e youth. so we should take gallas and some money that way we will have a stronger defence and some cash to invest for the future

_scorpion_

Established Member
Some people crack me up with thier short memories...

Flamini getting destroyed because he part filled as a LB? - whereas Cole WAS ALWAYS a top notch LB?

Ohh Please! I remember the days when Cole's defensive work was lower than what we see from Cygan!

I cant understand why people are more harsh with Famini ( a part time back up who performed admirably under pressure ) than they are with Tweety's **** who has eyes for money alone.

And Kel ... my reference to Shilla is strictly the fact that he would cost a pittance!

You cannot tell me that you know for a fact he won't turn out to be as successful as Toure....just like I cannot tell you that he won't turn out otherwise...

What I can tell you is a $500K transfer fee plus the low weekly wages are perfect for a back up CB because that is what we are in the market for - a back up!

You might not like Senderos as a first choice but i think its about time you accepted that he is first choice.

As much as we would all like Gallas - he wants to move overseas and the money he warrants (not to mention his whinging) is because he sees himself as a starter (rightfully so too) at Chelsea. There are more than a few players unhappy at Chelsea at the moment from what I have been told. Just do not be suprised if this season is a mess for them.

I don't see Arsène aborting on the 'Senderos project' when he stuck with him through almost 2 years of chronic back injury.

Any money we get from Cole will be used in Jan.

For all those who have been asking me ...nothing said or done in the last few weeks has changed why I believe Ribery will be joining Arsenal. It may not happen at season's kick off, but baring a major drop in form or a U turn from our part he will join Arsenal unless another target is made available by the club that holds his registration.

Reyes has pretty much asked to leave at the first chance the club gets to recover its value for him. Whatever else you want to believe - go for it.

As talented as he is, he just does not have the mentality to cope with life away from Spain.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
Presumably he's been training with the rest of the squad for the last couple of days and he'll be named in the CL squad today, he'll almost definitely play on tuesday.

He's been training with the squad, but not with the 'team'.

He will be named in the CL squad and if Chelsea agree to the valuation, he will be 'sick' or unfit to start and the negotiations will continue until the real deadline for the Group stages.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

_scorpion_ said:
Some people crack me up with thier short memories...

Flamini getting destroyed because he part filled as a LB? - whereas Cole WAS ALWAYS a top notch LB?

Ohh Please! I remember the days when Cole's defensive work was lower than what we see from Cygan!

I cant understand why people are more harsh with Famini ( a part time back up who performed admirably under pressure ) than they are with Tweety's **** who has eyes for money alone.

And Kel ... my reference to Shilla is strictly the fact that he would cost a pittance!

You cannot tell me that you know for a fact he won't turn out to be as successful as Toure....just like I cannot tell you that he won't turn out otherwise...

What I can tell you is a $500K transfer fee plus the low weekly wages are perfect for a back up CB because that is what we are in the market for - a back up!

You might not like Senderos as a first choice but i think its about time you accepted that he is first choice.

As much as we would all like Gallas - he wants to move overseas and the money he warrants (not to mention his whinging) is because he sees himself as a starter (rightfully so too) at Chelsea. There are more than a few players unhappy at Chelsea at the moment from what I have been told. Just do not be suprised if this season is a mess for them.

I don't see Arsène aborting on the 'Senderos project' when he stuck with him through almost 2 years of chronic back injury.

Any money we get from Cole will be used in Jan.

For all those who have been asking me ...nothing said or done in the last few weeks has changed why I believe Ribery will be joining Arsenal. It may not happen at season's kick off, but baring a major drop in form or a U turn from our part he will join Arsenal unless another target is made available by the club that holds his registration.

Reyes has pretty much asked to leave at the first chance the club gets to recover its value for him. Whatever else you want to believe - go for it.

As talented as he is, he just does not have the mentality to cope with life away from Spain.

So has the club said to Reyes if you play well this season clubs will match our valuation and you can go? I hope so as that will give him incentive to perform.
As for Flamini , yeah people have short or selective memories , I remember most thought Ash was a liability in defence until aobut 2003-2004. Thats just the Gooner supporters . No , the talk of him being the best in the world happened after he shut down Ronaldo compeletely in Euro 2004 . Before that it was great going 'forward and average defensively' was the general consensus. People tend to forget that Pires made him look better in attack cause well Pires is Pires really .

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
_scorpion_ said:
Big Poppa said:
Presumably he's been training with the rest of the squad for the last couple of days and he'll be named in the CL squad today, he'll almost definitely play on tuesday.

He will be named in the CL squad and if Chelsea agree to the valuation, he will be 'sick' or unfit to start and the negotiations will continue until the real deadline for the Group stages.

Arsène will play the strongest team available to him. There is too much at stake in this tie for him to worry about leaving players out to avoid 'scuppering a move' - if indeed a move is even likely to still occur. If he considers Cole to be his best option at left-back (like he did in the CL final) then Cole will play. The result here is paramount to his concern.

Cole was a few weeks behind the others in terms of pre-season, so I don't think there's anything sinister behind his training separately from some of the others who have all come in at different stages.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
_scorpion_ said:
Big Poppa said:

Arsène will play the strongest team available to him. There is too much at stake in this tie for him to worry about leaving players out to avoid 'scuppering a move' - if indeed a move is even likely to still occur. If he considers Cole to be his best option at left-back (like he did in the CL final) then Cole will play. The result here is paramount to his concern.

Cole was a few weeks behind the others in terms of pre-season, so I don't think there's anything sinister behind his training separately from some of the others who have all come in at different stages.

He won't be playing Cole if he's leaving and that is simple. Best player for the position or not you can expect this 'situation' to end soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom