• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoLo28

This is not so much directed at his sending off against Leiscter, recently(last yr or so) he has been different every decision against him he goes of his nut, i don't recall him being like that in the past, has his attitude changed and does anyone know the causes.

i may be completely wrong...

Its because he is unimpressed with ridiculous referring decisions. I appreciate the fact he gets furious. I would too if I were sent off!

Mark

Established Member
i don't know why he got so angry. in my opinion, and i hate to say it, that was a really stupid and dangerous challenge and i don't like to see players doing it. he should know better and deserved to be sent off. lets hope it doesn't happen again because he's been playing great recently. we don't need more red cards and more players missing.

Andrew

Cole is always angry with decisions from refs. He is up there with Alan Smith in that category. But it might rev him up or something... I don't know. But what I do know is that Cole very rarely makes bad tackles like that and he is not a dirty player.

Kyla

I can't believe the FA are going to take a closer look at the whole Cole incident b/c he left the pitch late. How many Leicester players came storming in for some aggro and provocation while Ashley was having quiet words with the ref. It's bloody ridicoulous. If anything some of the Leicester players should be under review. It seems as though he is going to get more than a 3 match ban- esp in light of the fact that he's already been warned as to his future behaviour with the whole United debacle.

And who the hell does Howey think he is, calling Cole a "coward"? Is this the same Howey that was made to look like a pub defender when Arsenal humilated Manchester City 5-1 last season? My, my, my!

PS: what other times have seen Ashley "going off his nut." I don't recollect- surely not the Old T fracas- that bust up was the exception and not the norm for our players.

Mark

Established Member
what exactly do the FA plan to do to Ash? if it's for the challenge itself then that's stupid because i've just read that steven gerrard has gotten away with a similar challenge recently.

Kyla

This is bullshit. I hate jumping on the paranoia bandwagon but if Cole's ban is exaccerbated I'd seriously ask questions of the FA. Can someone clarify if the investigation is b/c he didn't leave the pitch or over the tackle itself (if it is b/c of the latter then Steven Gerrard should no longer be playing considering the no of career ending tackles he's commited this season)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom