• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AST Forum With Josh Kroenke (16:30 BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
On the subject of punishment:

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has said that the 12 ‘founding members’ of the Super League must now “suffer the consequences” of their decision to join the breakaway tournament.

The Super League project collapsed this week when all six Premier League clubs announced that they would no longer be taking part.

Ceferin had previously warned that players who took part in a breakaway Super League could be banned from future continental and international tournaments. He has also refused to rule out banning clubs from the Champions League.

What has been said?​

In an interview with 24UR in Slovenia Ceferin said: “A lot has happened 24 hours after the congress, but I expect more news by Friday.

“I think those who claim to be completely calm in this situation are not telling the truth. The situation is very complicated for them and not for the UEFA, which has 235 out of 247 clubs on its side.

“Indeed, 244. They are all with us. Yesterday I received text messages of support from virtually every club in Europe.

“So, now we expect everyone to realise their mistake and suffer the consequences. We will talk about it next week.”

What about the Champions League?​

It remains to be seen what punishment, if any, UEFA imposes on the 12 clubs who announced their intention to form a breakaway Super League.

Ceferin added that UEFA is still talking to its legal team.

“We will talk about football, but in the meetings, I will decide who sits next to me,” he said. “So, I can put someone a little further away.”

“If these clubs want to play in our competition again, they will have to get close to us and we will have to evaluate what happened, but I don’t want to go into details, as we are still talking to our legal team.

“I would say that the English clubs have made a very good decision and we will take that into account.”

What next for the Super League?​

The Super League project already appears to be in tatters.

Yet, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, who was the driving force behind the breakaway tournament, remains defiant and told Spanish radio program El Larguero that the Super League is “not dead”.

“We are going to keep working,” he said. “We are looking for ways of getting this done. It would be a shame not to get it done.”

Similarly, Barcelona president Joan Laporta labelled the project as “absolutely necessary”.

Without the support of 8 of the ‘founding members’ — who have withdrawn — as well as AC Milan and Juventus acknowledging the project’s failures, the chances of the proposed Super League coming to fruition now seem next to none.

Where can I find out more?​

For further insight on the implications and football’s next steps after an extraordinary week, Go Deeper with The Athletic’s Matt Slater below.

(Photo: Jakub Porzycki/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

Posted in here since super duper league thread got shut.
Ceferin said that Barca had disappointed him the least because of the financial situation Laporta had inherited. He said that their situation can happen if you overpay for players who don't perform. I hope the same kindness is applied to us-inless he's being sarcastic.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Only liked from the this the fans were seem angry and did give kroenke good punch in face. This is the least they can do.

It's good catharsis for fans but it won't bother Josh or Stan one iota, I mean the reason these people are billionaires is cos they don't care if people hate them :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I saw a tweet by someone saying how the "Big Six" clubs should be forced to write a cheque for the emotional damage this has caused, for every fan that supports them.

Think that's a punishment we can all get behind :lol:
You think Stan's cheque wouldn't bounce 🤔

roz

Fake News Merchant
Why didn’t someone show Spawn of Kroenke a graph of our decline since they took over?

Doubt he’s even aware.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Just read the quotes. Kroenkes always knew fans never trusted them and still never actually tried to build a bridge with supporters.

Glad they got told that in their faces, so to speak.

They won't be doing anything tho and only a fool would give them the benefit of the doubt.

So, so much they could've done all this time re. Fan representation or even due governance.

Hell, they don't even attend bloddy games and they probably have 25 jets.

I wasn't expecting much, but this has got me more jaded than I thought I'd feel.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ceferin said that Barca had disappointed him the least because of the financial situation Laporta had inherited. He said that their situation can happen if you overpay for players who don't perform. I hope the same kindness is applied to us-inless he's being sarcastic.
We have Elneny in our midfield, surely that's enough punishment for us?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Case in point. They gave no plans and give no ****s to what goes on on the daily here.

Any excuse will be an excuse to do bare minimum and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom