• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AST Forum With Josh Kroenke (16:30 BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
why didn't someone ask him what he thinks about us being 9th in the PL? why didn't someone ask him what they'll do if we don't qualify for Europe next season? why didn't someone ask him why we've declined so much on the pitch over the last 10 years?

It was a rare opportunity for him to speak and it was all taken up by the super league stuff. Fair enough stick it to him, but I wanna hear what they have to say about why our team is so sh*t.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
F: Josh, you mentioned about class and tradition, and cited self sustaining model. Clearly the self sustaining model isn't working. When are you going to admit that it isn't working and when are you going to start investing substantial funds into Arsenal Football Club? If you don't want to, when do you want to sell.

JK: I think that question is a very interesting one. We're always willing to provide resources for Arsenal Football Club, as we have supported the club the last several years. I think the question you're asking also resides in a much larger question about football. If you're always going to be recruiting the next person to pump tens and hundreds of millions into a club that is not a sustainable operation across Europe anywhere. For us, I think we're not afraid to be aggressive at different points in time. Hopefully you've noticed over the last few transfer windows we have been more aggressive.
--

--
What does he mean by this? When have they been aggressive?

Think he means Partey and Pepe. He's saying they'll try to spend money to get us top 4 but not enough to compete with City for the title.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Think he means Partey and Pepe. He's saying they'll try to spend money to get us top 4 but not enough to compete with City for the title.

Yes but the Kroenkes didnt use their own money concerning those deals but it seems like he want to imply that.

Iceman10

Established Member
if we're stuck with them then it is all the more important that the men who actually run the club are the right ones for the job

instead of futile chants of Kroenke Out it would be surely better to start lobbying to get X,Y or Z in

I offer no names as I have no idea who X,Y or Z might be, but for a start someone with integrity and enough clout to be independent of the Kroenkes
It is valid to bring up the past of Sanllehi, Gazidis, etc., but Edu is now in a power position. Do you expect him to be fired and replaced? I don't, especially if they don't sack Arteta. I haven't seen if there were any questions about Edu/Arteta, doubt there were.

If Edu/Arteta are staying then transfer spend remains a significant factor, at least so that Arteta does not have any excuses after the first three months of next season. As we are behind Leicester, Everton, Villa we have to outspend them considerably. Sounds a lot, but I think we need to.consider how much United spent, regardless of waste, to get back up after their fall. We aim to spend wisely, but all clubs make mistakes, so we need to account for that and really look to double what Leicester and Everton spend this summer in my view.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Yes but the Kroenkes didnt use their own money concerning those deals but it seems like he want to imply that.

Idk, how were those deals financed? I don't know how the Partey deal was financed for example, seeing as it had to be paid in one lump sum. Maybe they've just been loading us up with debt.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

I just read the whole thing and the first opinion is that it was loaded with plenty of corporate double speak.

The prevailing theme is that they're looking to "build a bridge" back and from the sounds of it, they made it sound like it could mean we see some investments in near future, like summer transfer. They were trying too hard on their apologies and how they made a bad decision, so investing in squad this summer might be their key to try to bridge the gaps with fans. But I don't believe them, so the sooner they sell/leave the better.

I also think by the sounds of it, Vinai was trying to keep his boss happy with the answers he gave. I got bad vibes by reading his replies, he tried to hard to add up on the topics of what Josh said, to have him happy on their after-meeting summary call.

On C-level meetings, you often see these types of people that act like VV, they're usually the ones who are in for the long run and will hardly ever lose their jobs. Which, if so is very bad for us, because I believe Vinai is soo out of his depth, that he, Edu and Arteta have hampered our club too much during their time here, they just continued the bad spell from Gazidis, Raul and Emery.

I also think the questions were quite to the point and not easy for them to provide answers with. I hope the questions were not submitted prior to meeting. I would have liked for questions in the sort of reality-check questions, like: Why is it that as we're decline as a club for several years, KSE hasn't shown us that they are willing to arrest this sharp decline and turn our fortunes upward ? What does it mean for KSE to be in midtable on 9th spot in table in April, the worst ever position our club has been in like last 20+ years?

etc...

🛩️ #KroenkeOut 🛩️

mirrorstare

There won't be additional investment from them, they have no reason to. They want the club to be self sustainable and admitted as much here. I have absolutely no problem with their position, it's the correct one.

I hope if they want to placate the fans they throw the money to the local community instead of wasting it on Artetaball, that would be a waste of resources. Our super decline is just a decline of two seasons with a very recognizable cause, and if we luck out in the EL it might not even matter yet. And if the only cause people are so aggravated with Kroenke and co is because the ESL caught us when we didn't look like a top club, then they are acknowledging Kroenke was spot on when pursuing the ESL, which regardless of the consequences for the sport would have sealed our status as a top club.

Let's play Aubamawang

It's interesting that he thinks people want to watch Arsenal Vs Barcelona. Even when Wenger was in charge, we weren't doing well against them. These days, we'd just get battered. We haven't won a European Cup up til now, so why would we stand any chance in a Super League? We'd just be staring at the bottom of the table constantly thinking thank god we can't get relegated...

mirrorstare

It's interesting that he thinks people want to watch Arsenal Vs Barcelona. Even when Wenger was in charge, we weren't doing well against them. These days, we'd just get battered. We haven't won a European Cup up til now, so why would we stand any chance in a Super League? We'd just be staring at the bottom of the table constantly thinking thank god we can't get relegated...

Oh he's not wrong at all, it's not an opinion you will find frequently in these arsenal fandom places though.

But most fans would indeed love it

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
I want to see Arsenal win football games. For me, it doesnt matter what name or status our opponent has, the only thing I want to see is that we win. Big teams like Barca or Juventus or small teams like Tottenham or Stoke only matter if we beat them.

myoldarsenal

Have any of the other owners done the same? Haven't heard anything about Sheikh Mansour arranging a fan meeting yet. People **** on them for not interacting with the fans, they'll also get ****ted on for being the only one with the balls to show up to take their rightful beating because it's a PR exercise.
Mansour's team is on course to win their fifth title this decade. Only a City fan with no brains would sh1t on the Sheikhs.

Kav

Established Member
I've been watching the UFC for about 9 years now. You'd be fvcked.

Watching and replicating are quite different.

I been watching Food Network for about a year now and I still can’t make that damn shrimp tempura like the Japanese restaurant I like does. ☹️

Anyway if you say you can beat him sure. But can you knock him out in under a minute?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

I been watching Food Network for about a year now and I still can’t make that damn shrimp tempura like the Japanese restaurant I like does. ☹️

Anyway if you say you can beat him sure. But can you knock him out in under a minute?

A full proof method and recipe that I've made myself. There are a couple of other the good ones as well, but this is the closest to western Japanese restaurant Tempura.

For how to prep the Shrimp:

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He married heiress Anne Waton, daughter of Walmart founder Bud Walton, that's how. He founded his first real estate company after they married. Guess what they developed? Plazas most of which near Walmart locations.

Does that answer the question?
I knew all that but he's actually increased "his" wealth and not eaten into his in laws money. You've got to wonder how when you look at the shambles at Arsenal

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
F: Josh, you mentioned about class and tradition, and cited self sustaining model. Clearly the self sustaining model isn't working. When are you going to admit that it isn't working and when are you going to start investing substantial funds into Arsenal Football Club? If you don't want to, when do you want to sell.

JK: I think that question is a very interesting one. We're always willing to provide resources for Arsenal Football Club, as we have supported the club the last several years. I think the question you're asking also resides in a much larger question about football. If you're always going to be recruiting the next person to pump tens and hundreds of millions into a club that is not a sustainable operation across Europe anywhere. For us, I think we're not afraid to be aggressive at different points in time. Hopefully you've noticed over the last few transfer windows we have been more aggressive.
--

--
What does he mean by this? When have they been aggressive?
To be fair over the past three years we have spent nearly £300M, of course some of that was generated through player sales.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Ive replicated a few choke holds on some food delivery guys and shrimp tempura was one of the first little dishes I was taught by my Japanese language teacher to make 😑 Dont reach for the chocolate in despair, Kav, it just makes it worse!

• Funny
Reactions: Kav

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In terms of their ownership I don't believe the spending is a problem anymore. If anything its the lack of interaction and the hiring we've done in certain areas has been poor.

Like @Penn_ mentioned, since Arsène left we've spent £300M on players, on top of that we've given out big contracts for players fairly consistently. A huge outlay.

If this super league thing didn't happen, would it be unjust to want the Kroenke's out? In my opinion yes. They don't take money out of the club like the glazers, we've spent more than enough to be in a CL place since Wenger left, and in every walk of life people in big organisations will make poor decisions in recruitment, especially when you had to completely restructure the club after Arsène left.

Lets not forget we initially had Gazidis at the club, he went to Milan and they're sitting second in Serie A, I don't rate the bloke at all. I'm just saying there's more to it than meets the eye.

Its a collective problem and the funny thing is if Arsenal have a good summer window and finish in the CL places do you reckon people will be protesting about Kroenke leaving? Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom