• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa: Unai Enemy

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's like this place has forgotten about the first half of the 2019/2020 season, Southampton and Palace were getting like 20 plus shots against us at our own ground...it was just as bad (if not worse than the first half of 2020/2021 under Arteta)

We were going away to Watford and having a man advantage for like 60 mins, and still barely clinging on.

I hate to break it to you but Unai Emery isn't a perfect manager 😅

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
He is a completely dishonest debater. He misrepresents my positions constantly. Still his idea that Mik is the reason Arsenal can draw talent is comical. These guys act like Mik took over Leicester or West Ham lol.
Well whats Emerys excuse then for having us in 12th position?

I mean FFS. We are being gaslighted into thinking we would be better if we kept Emery. The same manager whose signings we had to pay to **** off. Arteta had to undo what Emery did.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
You make up fantasies about not getting Rice. We don’t need hypos on how Mik bungled the Emi and goal keeper position we pay for it every match.

Rice has nothing to do with it. If we had Emery last year we would be champions of England and in London we would have less problem attracting players if Mik didn’t take 4 tries to get CL and didn’t bottle league last year singlehandedly

Ps Tony Adams agrees by the way that Arteta’s inexperience cost us league last year; it is so obvious even pundits who lose by going public against Arsenal and Mik go public with it.
Tony Adams? Are you aware of his stints as a manager? Great footballers dont make great football minds. Just go read the Stan Collymore column. Tony Adams had a dreadful football mind. Adams predicted us to finish 7th in the 22-23 season. What football wisdom. Adams is ****ter than Paul Merson as a pundit .

Arteta 'cost us the league last year' - you say we would have won the league if we had Emery. Dont gaslight me and tell me if we never sacked Emery we would have won the 22-23 league. Because in 2019 Emery we were in 12th and Emery looked lost at sea. He had no vision for the future and thats why he was sacked. As it was clear he had reached the end of the road with no ideas left.

Arteta got us in the 22-23 title race when no one predicted it. No one saw it coming. No one gave us a chance and its under Arteta that rivals and pundits now consider Arsenal a title threat. Not Emery.

We would never have made the gains we have in the past few years under Emery.

Tnegs

Tony Adams is an undisputed club legend as a player and rightly deserves his statue but he’s a bitter man who doesn’t half chat ****. Hes taken a few pot shots at Wenger over the years and made stupid comments like saying Wenger never improved him or didn’t actually do much in training which is complete nonsense because Wenger brought high level skill training to Arsenal that had never been there before which is a well documented fact.

Are we supposed to listen to a man who said Wenger couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag? I couldn’t care less what Adams said about Arteta his opinion means about as much as the average post on AM. He thinks he’s entitled to a position at Arsenal and nobody has ever wanted him around which tells me enough about him post playing career.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Just to be clear as well, there are very few villa fans, I certainly don't know a single one, who ACTUALLY thinks we're going to win the league. A lot of us think we're in the race, but that doesn't mean we think we're going to win. Being in the race is not the same as thinking you will win it.

To merely be in the conversation after 16 games of the season is beyond anybody's wildest dreams. 14 months ago we had the worst manager in our history and we all thought we were more likely to be relegated than getting into europe, let alone being talked about as title contenders.

I do think expectations have shifted though. I think at the start of the season most villa fans would have said that, because of Europe, we'd be lucky to be pushing for the Europa places, let alone the top 4.
I think now, seeing how well we've been doing, most villa fans now expect us to be seriously pushing for top 4. And I think the last two games have been pivotal because it's shown we can actually beat some of the big teams, which isn't something we've been very good at doing for a long time.

I still think top 4 is about as high as anybody's "expectations" are at Villa. Anything else is just a dream. But come back to me in another 16 games. If we're having the same conversation then maybe then I'll start to believe

In 16 games time you'll be cursing Emery after you've dropped crucial points in the top 4 race because he decided to rest players for a conference league quarter/semi final.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

In 16 games time you'll be cursing Emery after you've dropped crucial points in the top 4 race because he decided to rest players for a conference league quarter/semi final.

And a month later he will kiss Emery's feet after they actually win the Conference League.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Whose better than them? Newcastle is boring and unconvincing; still not convinced they have enough goals in them. There is a giant drop off after top 3
Sp**s could possibly get top 4 depending upon injuries; they would need to get VDV and Maddison back and then have a decent run with injuries. Unlike Villa and Newcastle, they are not playing in Europe. Currently Villa are favourites now.

Isnt there a top 5 this yr?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Sp**s could possibly get top 4 depending upon injuries; they would need to get VDV and Maddison back and then have a decent run with injuries. Unlike Villa and Newcastle, they are not playing in Europe. Currently Villa are favourites now.

Isnt there a top 5 this yr?
Yes it most likely will be top 5 but not sealed up that England gets 5th seed but highly likely if I understand. Villa to me talent and manager 4th best side

Latest posts

Top Bottom