• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa: Unai Enemy

Macho

North London Forever
Dusted 🔻

I said in my last post I don't think Arsenal have that right either. Just saying it's not right to allow 20 clubs to **** up the market for everyone else instead of just 6.

If it were up to me all club owners of the PL would be expropriated and shot but that's probably just me.

Yeah ok bun all the prem teams pillaging the rest of the world im with it.

However I am unsure you guys can suggest a supposedly fair way for club that traditionally finishes bottom half to improve without spend.

I’m sure a middle ground can be found to prevent grotesque City/Chelsea spending and also prevent Villa being essentially forced to sell 2 starters despite finishing 4th.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Ps: I don’t buy @jones argument crying about the poor other leagues etc. Other leagues are **** because they haven’t managed to monetise their product the way the PL has - no way we should suffer for their crimes.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
But we're working within the rules. So what's your issue? Do you think the rules should be even stricter?

What about Wolves buying Cunha for 50m the same window? Or West Ham buying Kudus for 45m?
Or Sp**s buying Madison and Brennan Johnson for 50m each (or there abouts)?

We finished above all of them that season. Why is Diaby not ok?
Yes as I alluded to in my very first and several posts after I have a problem with all of that spending.

I don't have a problem with Villa per se, we're only talking about your lot because you're seemingly trying to change the rules so that everyone can go on spending sprees like that every window.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah ok bun all the prem teams pillaging the rest of the world im with it.

However I am unsure you guys can suggest a supposedly fair way for club that traditionally finished bottom half to improve without spend.

I’m sure a middle ground can be found to prevent grotesque City/Chelsea spending and also prevent Villa being essentially forced to sell 2 starters despite finishing 4th.
Don't "you guys" me akh like I'm part of some group lol, most people here are looking at it from a myopic Arsenal lens like you said I'm not of them man.

There's no right life in the wrong one as far as I'm concerned. The whole product PL is rotten and needs rooting out, patient is gone too far to be fixed and tbh doesn't deserve saving either.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Yes as I alluded to in my very first and several posts after I have a problem with all of that spending.

I don't have a problem with Villa per se, we're only talking about your lot because you're seemingly trying to change the rules so that everyone can go on spending sprees like that every window.
Ok so you have a problem with money in the premier league in general then.

That's fine, but it's basically completely irrelevant to the point being discussed.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Ok so you have a problem with money in the premier league in general then.

That's fine, but it's basically completely irrelevant to the point being discussed.
Completely irrelevant if not for your club being part of it.

Anyway as you were, we agree on one thing at least Villa spent their money a lot more sensible than others in the league.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Completely irrelevant if not for your club being part of it.

Anyway as you were, we agree on one thing at least Villa spent their money a lot more sensible than others in the league.
Yeah we're part of it, but the discussion was around FFP/PSR rules. But you're discussing money in general.

outlawz

Southgate's waistcoat knitter
Ps: I don’t buy @jones argument crying about the poor other leagues etc. Other leagues are **** because they haven’t managed to monetise their product the way the PL has - no way we should suffer for their crimes.
That's ultimately it man, we started splashing the cash before the billionaires came. Chelsea were prising away talent from Italy with the likes of Zola, Vialli, Gullit, Desailly, Leboeuf , Casiraghi and co. donning their **** shirt long before the billions came into play. The PL exported its product to the Far East and the States, and was rewarded for it, first from TV revenue and then from the billionaires who saw an opportunity to make serious money.

The fact that the other leagues have been financially left behind is on them.

@jones must be commie.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

@jones must be commie.

Nah he’s just a little ***** is all.

People forget that the superior returns came first, then the investors. The returns are capped with the fan owned structure in Germany - they made their bed now they need to lie in it like a man.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Nah he’s just a little ***** is all.

People forget that the superior returns came first, then the investors. The returns are capped with the fan owned structure in Germany - they made their bed now they need to lie in it like a man.
I don't even care about German football like that, I just don't like to see wealth in the wrong hands. The games football if a bunch of idiots has to make a lot of money at least make it so those who are best at it get it.

"Best at monetising" "export le product" "capped returns" bro you're on a football forum talking like you're on Bloomberg TV 😭

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I don't even care about German football like that, I just don't like to see wealth in the wrong hands. The games football if a bunch of idiots has to make a lot of money at least make it so those who are best at it get it.

"Best at monetising" "export le product" "capped returns" bro you're on a football forum talking like you're on Bloomberg TV 😭

Bro im straight up talking **** in here I can’t help it I don’t what to do with myself without football 😭

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Damn you caved to @jones blitzkrieg

Nah he knows me well enough to know when I’m just chatting.

I was serious about there not being any good answers to the problem though. You will always have to compromise on “something”. There’s no free lunch here.

Gn1212

ITK Police 👮
I fear for Villa and the damage Monchi will do there. He set Roma back couple of years filling them with average players
Getting Iling Junior and Maatsen while they still have Digne, Moreno and Sousa is certainly a choice.

HagnSprayGooners

Transfer Pilled 💊

Yeah Villa are in the CL now, way more extra games but they’re losing the best midfielder they have for Weston Mckennie.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Getting Iling Junior and Maatsen while they still have Digne, Moreno and Sousa is certainly a choice.
Yeah Digne and Moreno are on good money as well. Signing another LB is not something villa fans expected.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, July 19

Marseille would offer around £20m for Eddie Nketiah, but it’s likely that Arsenal would ask for more [Alan Nixon - The Sun]

West Ham are frontrunners to sign Reiss Nelson and a fee of £15m-20m could be enough to clinch a deal [Evening Standard]

Inter and Juventus have asked Arsenal about loaning Jakub Kiwior, but the club will only let him leave on a permanent transfer [Goal Poland]

Academy striker Chido Obi-Martin visited Manchester United’s training ground to discuss a move to the club [AcademyScoop]

Crystal Palace are preparing a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe [Ed Aarons - The Guardian]

Latest posts

Top Bottom