• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa: Unai Enemy

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Another year of great reflexes but at the same time making the defense super nervous coming up under Leno.

That's not down to him, that's down to some of our defenders being bottom of the barrel...we had Holding and Sead in our back 3 last game, prime Seaman couldn't make that defence calm :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Don’t put words in my mouth now, simply saying I think Emi is the better gk all around and would fit us perfectly. Another year of great reflexes but at the same time making the defense super nervous coming up under Leno.
There's no indication that Leno makes the defence super nervous. It should be the other way around with the amount of saves he's forced to make.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Man this Emi good distribution is such a myth. Except for his first start in the league (Saints I think?) where he hit couple of long balls like Ederson to Auba, he really didn't do much. In fact hit it straight at Firmino and was lucky it didn't go in. And he very rarely comes out as sweeper as well.

Reactions: A_G

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Man this Emi good distribution is such a myth. Except for his first start in the league (Saints I think?) where he hit couple of long balls like Ederson to Auba, he really didn't do much. In fact hit it straight at Firmino and was lucky it didn't go in. And he very rarely comes out as sweeper as well.

Yeah, I seem to remember Emi hitting some balls out of the sidelines.

I think they were pretty equal though.

eyoba

EidNRdJXcAU7yyV

Meanwhile.

EidNRdFXcAIyzn9

i know which one I want :(

credit to @Tir Na Nog
This is ridiculous. Leno is a better goalkeeper than Martinez and that's that! He is a better shot stopper and better one on one. He saves most of those goal bound shots when faced with a striker by himself. Even his ability on claiming crosses is underrated here by most. He mostly punches them away and is successful on that most of the time even with the defence we had.
I liked Martinaze and his reaction to winning the FA cup will live with me forever. But his performance during the past three months hasn't made me change my mind about who our number one should be and it has always been Leno for me.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The better half of me wants Martinez to do well but the **** bag in me wants him to fail just so I feel better.

Just watch this place when Martinez makes a mistake. It will erupt from certain corners.

Back to Leno, I do think he has what it takes to be a secure keeper for us and I back him to become just that. He is a very good player.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Just watch this place when Martinez makes a mistake. It will erupt from certain corners.

Back to Leno, I do think he has what it takes to be a secure keeper for us and I back him to become just that. He is a very good player.
Not many people actually care enough to slag a player who doesn't play for us in a thread of a player who plays for us. Leno fans actually wish Emi well.

Upper Echelon FC are the only ones concerned :drool:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Damn... Emi could have been our one-club-man. It shows that in the end the good guys get shafted. He did whatever he was told. Stayed loyal. Went out on loans. Played as backup. For 10 years.

then he got his chance, worked his socks off and pretty much turned in a 10/10 performance with trophies and shields to boot. Then the board sells him to make a quick buck. Could have just asked Leno to play in the cups and fight for his place back. It was purely about making some quick money, so they could pay Auba the 500k a week or whatever he wanted. That was the choice before Arteta, and he faltered and accepted it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom