• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Atmosphere at Emirates

NZgunner

I actually really dislike the Invincible one - only the men's team were invincibles, fair play to the women for winning the CL (didn't even know they had), but it's nowhere near the same achievement

Badger_Revenge

I actually really dislike the Invincible one - only the men's team were invincibles, fair play to the women for winning the CL (didn't even know they had), but it's nowhere near the same achievement
The women of 2006-2007 won every single match of 22 in England, scoring 119 goals to 10 against. Try to wrap your mind around that. They won 6 trophies in a single year, and still remain the only English women's side to win a champions league medal.

Oh, and here is the kicker. They were mostly only part time players holding down evening jobs while playing largely against full time professionals -- especially in Europe,

The Invincibles achieved something extraordinary - but a single trophy by their own standards was not the greatest return. The shear scale of the women's domination and the way they raised the bar for the women's game in England is absolutely historic.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Highbury panel is a 10/10, great job by the club. Now all we need is a refreshed club badge and we’re good to go. A simple cannon like on the away top would do me.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nice achievement, but I still don't really care - the Invincibles are the invincibles and shouldn't have to share the spotlight.
Especially with the women’s games where the standards were absolutely bottom of the barrel 16/17 years ago.

Not surprised those Arsenal women beat everyone considering how early we started to back the women compared to other clubs.

Doesn’t really count for me..

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Seems like each time the ‘Allez allez allez’ song gets a rendition at the stadium, the team just seem to step it up a level on the pitch. It feels like the ball gets zipped around more ferociously

Cannot underestimate what an amazing job the Ashburton lads have done in creating an intimidating atmosphere at the Emirates. The team are feeding off it.

AmeriGooner

Seems like each time the ‘Allez allez allez’ song gets a rendition at the stadium, the team just seem to step it up a level on the pitch. It feels like the ball gets zipped around more ferociously

Cannot underestimate what an amazing job the Ashburton lads have done in creating an intimidating atmosphere at the Emirates. The team are feeding off it.

Have you heard Amy Lawrence’s podcast about the Ashburton Army that dropped today? Worth a listen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom