• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Atmosphere at Emirates

Maxim

What pisses me off the most about our home support is the constant singing of "stand up if you hate the S****"

Completely agree with this. I do love an occasional "what do we think of tottenham?!" though.

There hasn't been much of an outing for either lately though, probably because of the grudging respect for tottenham's current form

DOUBLE-YOU

1- No one sings 'Stand up for the Arsenal' because it's **** and it's not even a chant.

...and stand up if you hate the S**** is poetic genius? o_O

Clearly you've missed the point.

SING ABOUT ARSENAL!!!! Support the team and stop focusing on that mob.

Was listening to the Tuesday club podcast and the atmosphere at the emirates was touched on (about 15 mins in, on latest pod).
http://thetuesdayclub.libsyn.com

Alan Davies made comments similar to GDeep's recent post.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
When it's 0-0 after 20 minutes at The Emirates you can feel the atmosphere change, unless we're completely dominant and a goal is inevitable. I remember once being sat next to this old Claude-ish geezer who wound me up to no end.

"Ahhh ffs, mate we're gonna lose. I can feel it, we're gonna lose. Wouldn't surprise me if we lost. This is one of those games isn't it? Wenger isn't gonna make any subs. Ahhh that was our chance, we've ****ed it now haven't we?"

I swear I could've chinned him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'd say the atmosphere is a combination of expensive ticket prices, a family/tourist vibe and the fans generally being used to us underachieving.

TheSage

Really envy the germans for this. I'd love a safe standing area at the Emirates.

In the GAA matches in Ireland there's nothing else that compares to it.

The big end (17,000?) at the spuds new pit is being designed for rail seats ... standing will be back it's only the ferkin' Dippers who vote against it every year ... we can only hope it's soon

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'd say the atmosphere is a combination of expensive ticket prices, a family/tourist vibe and the fans generally being used to us underachieving.

It's the expensive tickets and the fact that we have the oldest average age o f season ticket holders in the league . Too many Claudes .

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
The big end (17,000?) at the spuds new pit is being designed for rail seats ... standing will be back it's only the ferkin' Dippers who vote against it every year ... we can only hope it's soon

It's pretty understandable from their point of view. It's a terrible event in their history.

I hear Juventus don't like having walls in their stadiums anymore for a similar reason.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I haven't been to an Emirates game in a while, go to the away games! You can stand, sing and generally go mental for 90 minutes, and it works out cheaper usually as well.

As for the atmosphere it's dire, one time some guys near me were trying to get a chant going and this taxi driver type bloke started to telling them to "shut the fack up, we're trying to watch the game". I'd argue we have the worst home support in the league, or at least tied with Sunderland and their ground is empty all the time.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sat behind Mertesacker's brother at an away game years ago, away games are so much better.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Yeah, apparently his brother comes to see most of his matches. Pretty cool.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Away days are my favourite. Love living in the Midlands sometimes, I can get to plenty without excessive travel (money.)

Highbury Rock City

Eventough there's a hugh difference between Highbury and Emirates (why doesn't anyone call it Ashburton Grove, btw???), I don't think the looks and appearance of Emirates is the main key to the poor surroundings.

The ticket prices must be reduced and for f sake, the FA must establish safe standing. I mean like, right now!!

Truebl956

Good win for you today.
This isn't a wind up but other than the Özil chant your end was silent. For a big club I think you lack a great songbook

Latest posts

Top Bottom