• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aubazette, Lacabameyang or whatever other cringe nickname you can think of.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I want to make a thread specially on one of the biggest issues at Arsenal right imo. The Auba and Laca strike partnership that is about as lethal as a wet fart. And its been like that for the majority they've been here. It not just an Arteta problem, all other managers seem to lean heavily into this dynamic duo and together on several occasions they disappoint. I think the only time where it really looked good was when we had our Europa run with Emery under the 3-5-2 system. Apart from that I have never been impressed with these two. My questions are: why do managers seem to fall back on those two?

mirrorstare

It is just an Arteta problem indeed.

Laca had a great season under Emery, Auba numbers were crazy during Emery's time. Sure we might not have enjoyed the way we were attacking, but back then we were fairly effective at it, at least for the goal of fighting top 4

Then Arteta arrived.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
What other options are there? They cost 100m and are the highest earners of course they’ll play.
The club dropped Özil for 18 months and he was highest paid player at one point. I'm not sure wages/fee is that important to Emery and Arteta because the both of them dropped Özil, Pepe, Kolasinac, Soktratis and they were high earners.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
At this point, it just looks like we paid too much to buy them and still do in wages and hence, we can't justify benching any of them. Two very different kind of strikers who don't fit together unless you drastically change the formation, like playing two up front.

We bought Laca when we were struggling with having only Giroud. When Auba was available, we didn't want to miss the chance. Ideally we should have been ruthless and sold Laca at that point. We were never proactive in these kind of things and are paying the price for that because we could not sell Laca now.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The club dropped Özil for 18 months and he was highest paid player at one point. I'm not sure wages/fee is that important to Emery and Arteta because the both of them dropped Özil, Pepe, Kolasinac, Soktratis and they were high earners.
With Özil, we wanted to push him out to a different club at any cost as we were paying him way over the line. There is also this matter of who acts nice to the manager. Everyone you mentioned in the list would not suck up to the manager.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Could be Arteta, though I think both are just coming to the end, all footballers get to the end at some point.

Both FA Cup winners here, so will always have time for them, even if I get frustrated with them now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The main problem is we're accommodating a striker who is dog **** and forcing our best player out of position. That said the problems are much deeper than those two.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

These two get shat on in most threads, wouldn’t this just be repeated opinions?

Looking at the targets we have been linked with it’s clear management have not been convinced anyways, I wouldn’t fret so much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom