• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Backpass FC

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
There’s so many exciting ways to play football no?

Tiki taka I guess is one but it isn’t my cup of tea but Wengerball was great. Love watching Atalanta when they’re on TV and Klopp’s Dortmund were a thrill as well.
07-12 wengerball when we were technically superior,passing around the opponent box to open up space was so great to watch.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
07-12 wengerball when we were technically superior,passing around the opponent box to open up space was so great to watch.

I'm not knocking that era of football as it was great to watch. We happened to win nothing in that era though, so you have to mark it down.

2000-2004 was the absolute peak of Arsenal under Wenger's reign.

It's largely a myth that ''Wengerball'' era Arsenal was the high point. It was before that and we were playing significantly different football. Much more incisive, pacey, counter attacking football.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'm not knocking that era of football as it was great to watch. We happened to win nothing in that era though, so you have to mark it down.

It's largely a myth that ''Wengerball'' era Arsenal was the high point. It was before that and we were playing significantly different football. Much more incisive, pacey, counter attacking football.
Lots of clever passes and intelligent movement from both era.

We didn’t win anything from 07-12 because we always have some skilless/technically shxt players in the team who failed to play beautiful passing football. We had walcott and many other shxt players, whenever they get the ball the attack is dead. On the other side of the pitch we have a godlike dribbler Hleb who was so talented. Our defence were so poor and we don’t have good back up players for the injured players. However, when we have van persie, rosicky, hleb, fabregas all fully fit, and Flamini to do all the defensive work to release their attacking power, we played the best football in the world. I’m sure if we have another Hleb on the right side and with better back up players, have a better defence, and adebayor was not that wasteful. We would have won everything with that style of football. That style of football is not the problem.

Anything post 2013 is shxt, our only talented players are Sanchez and Cazorla (And Gnabry). And we don’t even play entertaining possession football anymore.

Last edited:

Wilshero

The 'Va-va-voom' era

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Trophies Won between 07-12 = 0

Then you proceed to rip that very same team to pieces 16 minutes later.

We didn’t win anything from 07-12 because we always have some skilless/technically shxt players in the team who failed to play beautiful passing football.
We had walcott and many other shxt players, whenever they get the ball the attack is dead. On the other side of the pitch we have a godlike dribbler Hleb who was so talented. Our defence were so poor and we don’t have good back up players for the injured players.
I’m sure if we have another Hleb on the right side and with better back up players, have a better defence, and adebayor was not that wasteful. We would have won everything with that style of football. That style of football is not the problem.

You couldn't make it up

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I think the thing that made Wengerball so impressive was a lot of the time it felt like we were getting football out of good but not great players that they really had no right producing.

2002-2004 looked like what it was: elite players playing football. Emirates era Wenger was amazing because he had Giroud, Podlski and Walcott playing football that would run rings around our current team

Top Bottom