• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ban "The Sun"!

Should we ban the Sun newspaper?

• Yes

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Ewarwoowar

Mods- Feel free to move where you think this is appropriate and edit title if you wish.

Arsenal fans are furious with The Sun's front page

Published 28 minutes ago Add your comment

ARSENAL FANS WANT THE SUN BANNED
Arsenal fans are calling on the club to join Liverpool and Everton in banning the paper for their front page on Monday, June 5.

London was rocked by another terrorist attack on Saturday in which three attackers drove a van into pedestrians on London Bridge before launching an attack with knives in Borough Market.

Seven people were killed and 48 injured in the attack, which came just 12 days after 22 people were killed in a **** bombing at Manchester Arena.

CONTROVERSIAL FRONT PAGE
With its Monday front page, The Sun has pointed out that one of the three attackers on Saturday was wearing an Arsenal shirt as police shot him.

View image on Twitter
DBggjU-WsAA_0zT.jpg:small

THE SUN FRONT PAGE: 'Jihadi killer in an Arsenal shirt'

‘Jihadi killer in an Arsenal shirt’, it reads.

It’s an entirely irrelevant part of the story, and has led to a furious response from fans on Twitter.

Follow
Adi Meiri @MeiriAdi

I sincerely hope the club responds to this disgusting front page. Another new (?) low by The Sun. @Arsenalhttps://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/871482344997363712 …

6:27 AM - 5 Jun 2017

Follow
Marvin @MarvinFunkyMan

I hope you ban The Sun @Arsenal https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/871481874501300226 …

Follow
EmanDaGoon @EmanDaGoonn

They've given us a valid reason. Time to ban the sun @Arsenal . Shameful newspaper. https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/871482344997363712 …

Follow
Kal @GoonerKal

Ban the Sun @Arsenal

Follow
Kal @GoonerKal

Ban the Sun @Arsenal

Follow
ArsenalFanTV @ArsenalFanTV

This is disgraceful & disrespectful. People have been murdered in London & they focus on what Football Shirt the terrorist was wearing?

Follow
Chris Hudson @Ch1Hudson

a cheap headline to sell a newspaper. .what a ****ing disgrace

Follow
Ben Holding @BenHolding01

Disgusting by the S*n!! @Arsenal ban the S*n from coming to the Emirates now!! #Arsenal #dontbuythesun

Follow
JOHN LEWIS @JOHNDLEWIS54

The S*n says one of London killers was Arsenal fan. Wait for it . ALL ARSENAL FANS ARE Terrorists. Stupid things to say, huh? 1/2

Follow
Ese Agboaye @A96oaye
@Arsenal Will The S*n be barred from being anywhere near the Emirates in the near future?

Follow
The Peoples Champion @Arsenal_Trooper

I'm gonna be starting a petition to get The *** banned from The Arsenal!!! Look out for more details!!! #FcukTheSun#TroopzIsComing
1f4af.png
1f44a-1f3fd.png

Follow
Lewis - JFT96❤️ @LewisBUFC

So glad that Arsenal fans are turning on the S*n after their headline highlighting the terrorist wearing an Arsenal shirt, disgraceful.
Don’t be too surprised if the Gunners take the decision to ban the paper from the Emirates Stadium.

SHOULD ARSENAL BAN THE SUN NEWSPAPER? LET US KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW!
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms

http://www.givemesport.com/1070300-arsenal-fans-are-furious-with-the-suns-front-page?autoplay=on

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Responding would give it attention and legitimacy that it doesn't deserve.

I hope they get banned from existing however.
They ran a headline with this. This should not be allowed to go unpunished.

they are associating AFC with a terrorist.

say yes

forum master baiter
Don't like or read the Sun but there's nothing particularly wrong with that headline.

Reads to me like they're just driving home the "look how integrated these ****s are" point. Particularly when you read the first paragraph of the actual story.

Always easy to take offence if you're looking for something to get offended at.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They've already got the attention they wanted with the headline. Shouldn't be allowed to get away with such disgusting behaviour, banning them would likely push more advertisers away and further reduce falling profits.

Don't buy the 'integration' viewpoint, their readers aren't intelligence enough to get that. :lol:

Not to mention you can go to nearly every country in the world and see someone in a premier league shirt, are they integrated too?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Also compare the reasons why the Sun is banned in Liverpool to why some Arsenal fans want to ban the sun...

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
In the words of the great Ronnie Barker, people only buy the Sun for one thing, or rather a couple of things.

It's a paper full of smut and it should be banned from everywhere, it's completely outdated. Saying that, I don't think this is that much of an issue. You could say they're pointing out the wankers filthy hypocrisy wearing an Arsenal shirt when they claim to hate the West. Whether that was the Sun's intention, I don't know. All I do know is, sales come first for them.

It is ridiculous. The papers are just trying to get people's attention to buy more papers, the fact he wore an Arsenal shirt had absolutely nothing to do with anything. Makes you wonder what sort of people these journalists are.
It was the same with the Manchester Arena bomber, the media had to make a point of saying he was a Manchester United fan. Like They're trying to make a point of saying they're just like the rest of us, football fans who support a club just like we do.
Pathetic. And I always thought The Star paper was full of drivel!

Plutarch

I don't see this thing about the Arsenal shirt as particularly offensive. Plenty of other things in the Sun are offensive, no doubt, but not this.

Edited to add - I just noticed this line, in the Guardian - "the terrorist, a son of Pakistani immigrants and keen Arsenal fan." So liberal newspapers seem to think it's worth mentioning too.

Last edited:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Was listening to BBC radio the other day and was surprised to find out that they actually read headlines from The Sun and The Daily Mail in what I assume is an attempt to stay "impartial".

There's nothing of value in those papers. They're harmful to society. You shouldn't ban them (as in, government shutting them down), but not acknowledging their existence should be the #1 priority for any sane company/person.

The less exposure they get, the better off we are. Denying them access to football clubs is a great first step, honestly. Makes them look less legitimate.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Remember watching a series on modern day pirates & every other ************ was a gooner... usually fan of Eboue as well.

Hard to get worked up about the Sun though... Low of the low & everyone knows it.

Top Bottom