• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Barcelona v Arsenal | CL QF 2nd leg | Tue 6 Apr. 19:45 | SS2

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Today, day after the game, after remembering what happened, especially before their 2nd goal all I can feel is kinda bitter/sweet and somehow proud of our boys.
Only wanted to share this.

famous no 10

Established Member
Del Boy said:
CKD39 said:
Inter will come up against Barca and we will see their attacking threat neutralised. It is more than possible to stop these lot, but Wenger openly refuses to adjust his tactics, he doesn't know how to prepare for big games. All this "wee wheel play our football" only works against the long ball pondlife of the Premiership, against the top teams this year we have been slaughtered time and time again.

This.

And I also ask can anyone sit here and say now that in a years time we will be in anyway in better shape to stop Barca with Messi,Xavi etc.

No chance.

Ok. You're right. **** it. Lets just give up then.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The humiliation that Barca caused us should serve as reality check to all of kool-aid drinkers around here, which before/after the CL draw were calling: "Bring on Barca", "We have unfinished business with them since 2006", "They have never faced a side who plays attacking football".

I could never understand such cockiness from us fans, because in our heart of hearts we always knew this squad was still not able to compete with the top on European stage. The league batterings from ManU and Chavs were a worthy reminder.

</end of rant>

Abs

Established Member
CKD39 said:
Inter will come up against Barca and we will see their attacking threat neutralised. It is more than possible to stop these lot, but Wenger openly refuses to adjust his tactics, he doesn't know how to prepare for big games. All this "wee wheel play our football" only works against the long ball pondlife of the Premiership, against the top teams this year we have been slaughtered time and time again.

sometimes no tactic can save you when the opposition is better than you. We destroy some smaller teams in the league, is that because they have sh"t tactics or we are just better? Inter got a 0-0 and 2-0 loss in the group stage, and were completly outplayed both games

Rorz

Established Member
Well one positive to take from last night... we've seen the last of the 3rd kit for this season.

Nela

Established Member
I guess I'm in the minority, because this game hasn't reallly upset me that much. Emotionally, last year's exit game was so much worse. In fact, I think the losses to United and Chelsea this season were also much worse for me.

Illusion

Established Member
I'm so tired of hearing the line "if we had our full starting eleven".

We never do, so what's the point in thinking of it. I bet we've had our full starting eleven less than five games this season.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
We've not had our first XI out since 2005. Also, why are we continually getting raped by the top teams (Man U, Chelsea and Barca)? Perhaps someone can make a thread on it?

CKD39

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
We've not had our first XI out since 2005. Also, why are we continually getting raped by the top teams (Man U, Chelsea and Barca)? Perhaps someone can make a thread on it?

It's already been addressed, Wenger doesn't actually know how to prepare for big games or if he does this current batch of players don't know how to play in them. What happened at the Grove last week was a freak accident that papered over gaping cracks. On a normal day Barca would have slaughtered us. Yesterday was a normal day, and the score ended up 4-1.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
Nela said:
I guess I'm in the minority, because this game hasn't reallly upset me that much. Emotionally, last year's exit game was so much worse. In fact, I think the losses to United and Chelsea this season were also much worse for me.
This. Barca are a better team than us, Im not overly disappointed that we lost to them. Really didnt see it going any other way after the first leg. Just disappointed we are looking like we wont win anything this year.

sabret00the

Established Member
The loss hurts because they weren't going full pelt. I'd have been much happier with this loss had they played to their utmost ability and we lost 6-0.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I'd have been happy to lose 10-0 had we shown what 'Wengerball' is about. We literally didn't string more than 3 passes together at any instance.

dutchMasta

I don't get how people can be ok with us being slaughtered, yet AGAIN, by a big team. It's almost just confirming that without our best players, we're just an average team. Either that or we really suck at big games/we're just not at the same level as the top teams. Plus, as the past few years have shown us, we yet again have failed to stop the opposition's star player.

I was hoping for us to at least make Barca really work for a scrappy win, make them feel relieved that they got through. So sick of getting totally raped out of competitions and big games.

Abs

Established Member
dutchMasta said:
I don't get how people can be ok with us being slaughtered, yet AGAIN, by a big team. It's almost just confirming that without our best players, we're just an average team. Either that or we really suck at big games/we're just not at the same level as the top teams. Plus, as the past few years have shown us, we yet again have failed to stop the opposition's star player.

I was hoping for us to at least make Barca really work for a scrappy win, make them feel relieved that they got through. So sick of getting totally raped out of competitions and big games.

we are not as good as barca at full strenght, no team is. Taking out 5 starters makes us even weaker, so how can you expect the team that started yesterday to beat Barca at Nou Camp? Sometimes teams are better than you and you have to accept it.

Freagle

We lose against big teams for one season and suddenly that became a trend for all of you? Last season we only lost once to a big team in the Premier League yet we won **** all. We just can't seem to balance things right now. Some of you lot would jump on anything just to create a negative vibe around here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom