• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Barcelona vs Arsenal | August 4th | KO: 19:00 BST | Joan Gamper Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
Only concern with bringing Martinelli on for Mkhi is that he prefers to do his work off the ball. At the moment, we are struggling to bring the ball out because we don't have enough competent ball players in midfield (Xhaka and Mkhi are struggling). Game is perfect for Iwobi tbh, shame he's not around.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I'm in love with that first half from Willock. We actually look like we have a physical presence in midfield who can do both sides of the game just as well.

Barca should've given Paco Alcacer more game time instead of shelling out for Griezmann.

There’s a lot of Spanish news outlets reporting that Barca fans didn’t want Griezmann. Tbh it’s looking like Atleti have had Barca’s pants down. Good player but I’ve always found him a touch overrated.

His role in Simeone’s 4-4-2 was perfect for him. Will be interesting to see how he works with the likes of Suarez and Messi.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Literally as soon as Auba turned his man I said 1-0, deadly finish.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Only concern with bringing Martinelli on for Mkhi is that he prefers to do his work off the ball. At the moment, we are struggling to bring the ball out because we don't have enough competent ball players in midfield (Xhaka and Mkhi are struggling). Game is perfect for Iwobi tbh, shame he's not around.
Ceballos is around. Bring him in for Xhaka and its a different game

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Haven’t seen anything from Allison that suggests he’s even worth 70M.

He just seems a good well rounded keeper that’s good on the ball. Think our boy Leno is up there with the best of em.

Huh?

21 clean sheets in 38 games? Highest save % of any keeper in the PL (78%)?

If you think what Real Madrid paid for Courtois and Chelsea paid for Kepa, Alisson comfortably justifies 70m.

Divided_Pie

Haven’t seen anything from Allison that suggests he’s even worth 70M.

He just seems a good well rounded keeper that’s good on the ball. Think our boy Leno is up there with the best of em.
Allison is the best modern GK in the world. Best there is with the ball at his feet, his distribution is a real weapon, and he's an excellent shot stopper as well. Leno is looking very good but Allisson is in a class of his own.

Gursha

I think Nelson has played pretty well besides that poor back pass. He is really working hard defensively and has shown he has the technical ability required for this level. The other things will come with time. Just be patient with him, he is still only 19.

While I agree, i think something about his team play is missing... kinda selfish... hes trying too hard

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Have we gone 5atb?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Huh?

21 clean sheets in 38 games? Highest save % of any keeper in the PL (78%)?

If you think what Real Madrid paid for Courtois and Chelsea paid for Kepa, Alisson comfortably justifies 70m.
Don’t you think he benefits from Playing in a solid defence?

I feel like he’s not shown that De Gea/Oblak
level of performance which is the only time I think a keeper should be worth 70M.

Maybe he is capable of that but because of the defence he plays in we haven’t seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom