• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Barcelona vs Arsenal | August 4th | KO: 19:00 BST | Joan Gamper Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A mixed pre season. There should be no doubt that we need defenders after this but fitness and performance is the most important. We have to hope Holding and Bellerin return to 2017 FA Cup final beast mode and Tierney can make a sonar level impact.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I can’t wait until Bellerin is back. AMN at RB isn’t going to work for me.

We need a back up RB imo.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Back line looked very well drilled until Mustafi came on.
First half midfield looked more solid defensively. Would love to see Willock and Ceballos on without Xhaka.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Ceballos gotta be starting soon. He is good under pressure, capable in tight spaces and will always provide an option for the other midfielders when they are under duress.

His footwork to escape the defender and pass to Saka were class. Play Torreira, Willock and Ceballos together. They have the most potential in the middle.

CJJ

Established Member
I don't see how you can blame Mustafi for the goal.
I've watched the goal multiple times now and sometimes you just need to accept a good goal when you see one. Barca players goes in the channel and (rightly so) forces Mustafi to respond, they then play a high ball behind and Chambers (rightly so) follows, yet Suarez does a first timer that requires insane amounts of technical ability.

But sure.. easier to just label Mustafi as a tool if you don't know football. If you want to be a perfectionist i'd say Chambers has to do better. The first second he runs the wrong way completely misunderstanding the direction of the ball and coming late.

ASIF

Didn't see the game. How did Chambers look? Looking at the starting XI and the subs I get the feeling thag Chambers - Sokratis is our CB pairing until Holding is fit
Chambers is not good enough.He gave the ball away time and again.Saurez turned him inside out.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Martinelli is reminding me of Guendouzi.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The problem how well we play but we have the ability to make these s**ty mistakes

OSBK

Established Member
The look that chambers gives mustafi after the goal says it all.

Amn, he is still having these concentration issues. He isnt a young player anymore and really unless he has a worldy this season he has to go.

Doozi, he was a lucky boy tonight. Had that been a real competitive game he would have robbed so many times.

Aside from that we looked great, barca are miles off the pace but i thought we managed them easily until mustafi.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wtf were some people watching. Chambers is terrible. He gets twisted inside out, he is slow and nervous on the ball and his positioning is shocking.

Willock was tracking runners and clearing the ball off the damn goal line. What were our other midfielders doing? I watched Xhaka press the opposition centre back and then jog back to his position like he accomplished something. I watched Guendouzi being unable to make a tackle going backwards.

Torreira, Ceballos and Willock needs to be the midfield 3.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
AMN looked pretty good there today.

Yet still a laps on concentration cost a goal. AMN in a nutshell.

He plays really well and switches off. It is better to hide out at RB but it is no wonder why he doesn’t get a look in within midfield. Having said that Xhaka starts week in week out so you’d think big lapses aren’t that big of a deal at AFC.

Judasviking

Happened AGAIN.

I have no idea what AMN was doing, so lazy and no focus seems like.

Fair enough i dealt with that error, then i see the ****ing looser come in at 87 minute and we let in Barca's winner goal right after.

Everything looked so cool away from this lazy brainfarts that we won't get rid before that slut is out of England.

LEAVE NOW.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He did but if he scores an own goal like that in the league he will be crucified, very sloppy

That goals on Leno more than it is AMN for me, I've no idea why he's rushing out like that when it's clearly AMN's ball and AMN simply can't leave it for Leno because the Barca left-back is coming in. If Leno just stays then this incident doesn't happen. It doesn't even seem like Leno gives AMN a shout either.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

AMN looked pretty good there today.

He was decent but that error was unforgivable imo. He done something similar in the Europa League final and cost us badly.

I understand it isn’t really his main position but he’s got to do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom