• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Barcelona vs Arsenal | August 4th | KO: 19:00 BST | Joan Gamper Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Laca and pepe could only start in bench according to Sami Mokbel. That's mean we'll probably see Mkhi Nelson Auba

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
AMN isn't a proper RB, so that wont do. We're weak at LB and we haven't got a CB worth a **** apart from Sokratis. Oh, and Xhaka is still horse sh!t and Özil is still here. Apart from that, we're alright.
You don't rate Holding?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

AMN isn't a proper RB, so that wont do. We're weak at LB and we haven't got a CB worth a **** apart from Sokratis. Oh, and Xhaka is still horse sh!t and Özil is still here. Apart from that, we're alright.
Can’t argue with any of that, but I know the youngsters had your juices flowing, big fella.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You don't rate Holding?
I can't expect much from him. I know he should have recovered fine, but I until I see him at the same level he was at (whatever that was--he was inconsistent but his ceiling looked quite high), I can't rely on him. If he nails down one of the CB slots and looks the part, it'd have to be a bonus at this stage. We'd be expecting him to have improved by sitting on his arse for 10 months...

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not sure that's what @Rex Banner said, just that having a winger to stretch the play will mean the team won't end up inviting so much pressure.
As you’ve mentioned him, as I recall @Rex Banner said something about people being myopic who thought that bad defending was solely down to defenders.

In any team game it’s never totally one player’s fault. Keeper mistakes are partly because defenders let the opposition get shots off.
Forwards who can’t score goals can say they weren’t given enough chances.

At the end of the day players who are poor and let the team down need to be replaced. Mustafi will not be improved by a winger however myopic that might appear.:lol: Kos looks to be finished, Holding is still injured and Sokratis will still make stupid challenges in some games. This team is crying out for a proper CB, let’s hope one comes in the next few days or we’re stuck with more of the same.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Team for Newcastle:

Leno
AMN Chambers Sokratis Monreal
Willock Guendouzi
Pepe Ceballos Nelson
Aubameyang​

I'd replace Guendouzi with Torreira, unless he is deemed not fit enough.

I think Guendouzi should be more of a sub at this point. He has lots of flaws in his game.

To me, he has as much potential to make huge mistakes like Xhaka, Mustafi and AMN.

He has talent and very good on the ball when on form, but he doesn't do enough defensively, especially off the ball and gets caught in possession too often for my liking. I think he has the same concentration issues as AMN.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

As you’ve mentioned him, as I recall @Rex Banner said something about people being myopic who thought that bad defending was solely down to defenders.

In any team game it’s never totally one player’s fault. Keeper mistakes are partly because defenders let the opposition get shots off.
Forwards who can’t score goals can say they weren’t given enough chances.

At the end of the day players who are poor and let the team down need to be replaced. Mustafi will not be improved by a winger however myopic that might appear.:lol: Kos looks to be finished, Holding is still injured and Sokratis will still make stupid challenges in some games. This team is crying out for a proper CB, let’s hope one comes in the next few days or we’re stuck with more of the same.

Ive not had the best day so I don’t want to go 12 rounds.

I didn’t mean myopic in an insulting way, regardless of how it came across.

You’ve got your opinion I have mine, don’t feel we’re moving either way on it.

Manberg

Predator
We lost games and had poor performances without Mustafi playing last season. So he’s a problem but it’s not like getting rid of him will magically make our defence much better.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

After watching the game live a few hours ago, I was on & off about our performance. We defended relatively well for the majority of the game but of course, once again a few simple bad errors let us down. I thought it took Emery too long to bring on the young guys like Martinelli, Saka & Ceballos. After they came on we looked so much more of a threat up front, to me it looks as though he just doesn't rate our younger guys with enthusiasm.

I am willing to forgive AMN about that mistake, everyone is going to make those, I have seen wc players make worse then that. He will learn from that, I thought he had a relatively good game otherwise. Our 2nd goal, it didn't make sense to me when Emery brought off Sokratis for the last 5, we conceded the 2nd goal almost instantly after that & you all know who caused it haha, could say it ruined the concentration. I would have just kept the whole backline on for the full 90. He made some pointless other subs aswell.

I saw it as only a friendly though, it may be a big trophy for Barca but I wasn't fussed, Barca take just about every other friendlies too seriously aswell. Suarez going for dives as soon as he got on. That is one of the many reasons I cannot stand Barca & half their players.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Seems like the players are still trying to adjust at playing out from the back. Chambers, Xhaka, and Maitland-Niles (OG) all made mistakes last night due to these tactics. Players need to communicate better and keep their heads up or something.

HomeSteak

Established Member
Was it just me or did Mustafi turn his head, saw Suarez make the run, turned his had back and did nothing about it . Just let him run.

Xhaka is trash.

Gundeouzi has 0 position sense, you can tell he was an AM before. He ruins our whole defensive shape the way he runs around every single player that has the ball.

Willock is the real deal.

Mikhi is a pointless player, and I'm really scared that Unai seems to pick him every single game. What the hell dose he see in him?

Özil has been ok this pre-season, let's see how he will be - will he start with a vacation vs Newcastle? Or is it ok for him to play away from home now that it's still nice outside?

Auba is ready.

Chambers is not good enough to play for us, but we have to keep him this season.

Monreal is done, Kola is trash. We need a new left back, bad.

AMN is ok for now but we have to pray Bellerin comes back good.

Ceballos is a baller. He needs to start vs Newcastle.

Nelson should start before Mikhi at the weekend.

On Emery:

When he is blowing the kneecaps off the attack by starting both Mikhi and Özil. That makes us fall back on defense. Always good for inviting the opposition back into a game or a fixture. It's not even pragmatic, it's habitual. He's been like this at both PSG and Arsenal and it has done him zero favours.

Also, he can't fix our defense. The only way we will get better is if we bring in players that can do it alone. Also if we keep our position in the middle of the park and close the passing lanes, and track runners. So I'm sorry but Gundeouzi should not start a lot of games in the PL, not away from home that's for sure.

Under Emery we can never play well throughout a match, that's a bad habbit as well.

I have to say I don't like his pragmatic approach and the football he makes us play is horrible.

We are in for a long long season.

If we get a new left back and a new center back we have a chance at Top 4. If we don't get them it's done before it starts.

Preacher

Always Crying

He's dead man walking, even worse than before. He knows, that we want to get rid of him. We must find team, which would take him, otherwise we will remain with broken player in our hands.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I think a few fans have to leave AMN alone, yes he made a howler of a mistake, it was also on Leno a bit aswell I thought. AMN is a decent player & he had a fairly decent game otherwise, he's being played out of position aswell I feel, definitely more of a cm. He is only young & he will learn. He has his faults as does every player, no one is the perfect player, not even guys like Messi & Suarez are as much as they'd like to think they are probably.

isop

Gundeouzi has 0 position sense, you can tell he was an AM before. He ruins our whole defensive shape the way he runs around every single player that has the ball.

I've felt for a long time that Guendouzi is being played out of position. IMO he really should be the furthermost forward out of the CMs, because he was an AM that could play CM when we bought him, and was moved down into DM, which is not his position at all.

He wants to get on the ball and make things happen higher up the pitch, he should not be stuck playing as defensive midfielder. He should be competing with Ceballos and Özil, or if we played a more conventional 4-3-3 he should be 1 of the 2 CMs ahead of a DM like Torreira.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom