• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The people here should also understand with Gabriel and Saliba if someone injured or struggled with form we'll back to Holding a guy who can't pass and can't get out from high press his long range passing is awful. we lost Luiz who was important for us so i'm starting to understand why we want an ready made CB even if it's expensive but if we have so much money to burn so go for an elite one act like big club who want competition in places.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

How are you with queues?

tenor.gif

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Fofana did it though.

Fofana didn't do it next to a new signing with no experience of the league either. Always had premier league experience next to him.

It was far too big of a risk. Understood why he went on loan as Gabriel was always gonna play.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Saliba isn’t going to sign a contract extension if the club keep jerking him around. I’m pretty sure he will be sold this summer if some team offers €25m for him.
If he goes on loan does well and comes back and we say here is 100%, increase in pay he will sign. Money talks.

I'm curious how much we could make from loan fees and how much of the fee agreed with St Etienne was guaranteed? Just looking back at stats he didn't have many games before we spent big on him and still hasn't had many games since then. I'm old enough to remember Chambers at 16m being ruined by over expectation. How does a 20 year old signed as the saviour of our defence with similar experience cope? Maybe we are handling him well. Maybe we aren't.

benjamin86

Established Member
The people here should also understand with Gabriel and Saliba if someone injured or struggled with form we'll back to Holding a guy who can't pass and can't get out from high press his long range passing is awful. we lost Luiz who was important for us so i'm starting to understand why we want an ready made CB even if it's expensive but if we have so much money to burn so go for an elite one act like big club who want competition in places.
If we're burning money sure....but if it's Ben White over Bissouma, NO NO NO. Gabriel, Saliba, Mari, Holding, Chambers, Mavropanos isn't a bad selection to pick from!

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
That isn't how it works. You cant expect Saliba to partner Gabriel and it be an instant success. Especially last season. Recipe for disaster.
But you expect White to do so? One season in the PL,a season where he was nothing more than decent and with Brighton-fans complaining about him having lots to learn still.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I get the Fofana comparison but Fofana was coming in behind Evans and Soyuncu who performed exceptionally well. We had no partnership and were massively in transition. Do I think it's bizarre we didn't keep Saliba, yes. Do I understand the difference between the two absolutly. Leicester were in a better position to gradually introduce him and weren't in the position of billing Fofana as a new Varane. There were also personal issues in the background.

It is what it is. And whatever happens will happen. Laporte is French and plays for Spain. So who knows what will happen with anything going forward.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
That isn't how it works. You cant expect Saliba to partner Gabriel and it be an instant success. Especially last season. Recipe for disaster.

In 2019 you claimed that he was ready to be in the starting eleven straight away and didnt like the fact that he was loaned back to St Etienne. Are you going to admit that you rarely know what the hell you are talking about?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
But you expect White to do so? One season in the PL,a season where he was nothing more than decent and with Brighton-fans complaining about him having lots to learn still.

I dont care if its White or Saliba now that Gabriel has settled. As long as we have funds to spend in midfield and important areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom