• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
so is our 50M got rejected too? the one Orny reported more than week ago despite him saying we closing to Brighton valuation.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's the Chelsea interest that worries me. Thiago is no spring chicken and they've a few dodgy centre backs. They are missing their traditional Terry / Cahill defender.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not sure SSN warrant a threadmark tbf.

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
With Saliba getting loaned, I'm actually on board with signing a CB. Can't have Holding as a starter for another season (fine with him as a back-up). Need a good ball-playing CB to improve our build-up play and playing out from the back, both Holding and Gabriel are not great at that part.

Worried about that transfer sum, though. 50m is already steep. Hope we don't get taken to the cleaners by Brighton.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I would think this is pretty much done, and that the announcement would follow once the Euros are over.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pretty sure Manutd and City are not even interested if they are the deal will be done for them already and Everton well they just been thrown there.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
If we're still negotiating a fee then Edu better walk away from this. Ben White is not worth £50M+.
However, I still think this is done and will be announced once the Euros is over.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We don't want to go much above 50m because from what I've seen we have been weighing up with Tapsoba for a little above 60m.
We need to just get it done. Its the golden generation of British players, we need to build a core, a team spirit. That and he does look a very good CB who will only improve.

scytheavatar

Established Member
We don't want to go much above 50m because from what I've seen we have been weighing up with Tapsoba for a little above 60m.

White is nowhere near Tapsoba's talent level, if we can get Tapsoba for 60 million we absolutely should be targeting him instead. I think it is debatable if White will be an upgrade even from Holding in the short term, while Tapsoba certainly is.

Iceman10

Established Member
Tapsoba is a rock solid defender. Ben White is seen as a modern CB, good on the ball. I personally would prefer Tapsoba, but won't complain about either if signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom