• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bakaboo

Logged in just to say this. Chambers can be a ball playing defender. We do not need to splash $50 mil to get Ben. And I believe Chambers level is as high as Ben if given the time and chance. Only thing Chambers is injury prone

The $50mil will be better utilised on a very good RB

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Logged in just to say this. Chambers can be a ball playing defender. We do not need to splash $50 mil to get Ben. And I believe Chambers level is as high as Ben if given the time and chance. Only thing Chambers is injury prone

I agree Chambers could do that role however with him giving Cafu like displays at RB why should we move him? We already have our own quality pure defender in Holding and Gabriel is well rounded ball CB. Why break up what was the best CB partnership in league last season after Stones and Dias?

bakaboo

I agree Chambers could do that role however with him giving Cafu like displays at RB why should we move him? We already have our own quality pure defender in Holding and Gabriel is well rounded ball CB. Why break up what was the best CB partnership in league last season after Stones and Dias?

Well, Arteta is the one that wants a ball playing defender. Probably needs one urgently given Luiz was gone.

He should give Chambers a chance at CB. I really do not see what kind of skills Ben has that Chambers cannot do. Both of them around the same height and size as well.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well, Arteta is the one that wants a ball playing defender. Probably needs one urgently given Luiz was gone.

He should give Chambers a chance at CB. I really do not see what kind of skills Ben has that Chambers cannot do. Both of them around the same height and size as well.

Chambers couldn't even keep a CB spot at Fulham. He only became of value to them when they shifted him to midfield. He was a RB at Saints and that is his best position, unfortunately he doesn't have the pace to be a top RB but I'd be happy to keep him as our RB if we spend wisely elsewhere.

Kav

Established Member
We don’t need White though and that reported 50Million could be well spent elsewhere (RB, CM, AM).

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
White is nowhere near Tapsoba's talent level, if we can get Tapsoba for 60 million we absolutely should be targeting him instead. I think it is debatable if White will be an upgrade even from Holding in the short term, while Tapsoba certainly is.
This. Makes no sense given we are slowly approaching Tapsoba's market value and agree Ben White wont improve the team from last year.

Iceman10

Established Member
White is nowhere near Tapsoba's talent level, if we can get Tapsoba for 60 million we absolutely should be targeting him instead. I think it is debatable if White will be an upgrade even from Holding in the short term, while Tapsoba certainly is.
Just for accuracy because I brought up 60m earlier, it seems we have tested the waters with Bayer Leverkusen at 60m but that apparently wasn't enough and it was said we had to go a little higher. A bit like 50m now apparently not being quite enough for Ben White. It seems to be the club looking for which of the two they can get best market value out of. I prefer Tapsoba, but would be ok with either.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Di Marzio has been few days in London and already have more info than the rest of Arsenal journalists he seem have good contacts with us this summer he was the first who reported about Tavares deal too.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Just an observation that the incomings and outgoings link up pretty closely. To put that another way, we seem to be completing signings where we have already freed up the squad space (maybe Tavares is an exception but surely Kola is out the door this time). It's odd we haven't prioritised an AM though, unless that is linked to the ESR contract renewal or some other factor (like waiting on City for the Grealish transfer, Madrid on Ødegaard etc)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just an observation that the incomings and outgoings link up pretty closely. To put that another way, we seem to be completing signings where we have already freed up the squad space (maybe Tavares is an exception but surely Kola is out the door this time). It's odd we haven't prioritised an AM though, unless that is linked to the ESR contract renewal or some other factor (like waiting on City for the Grealish transfer, Madrid on Ødegaard etc)
we have to get the key signings then get players sold we can do both but i feel players like Kola and Torreira will have little interested because they awful and in big wages so it move for them will come late in august.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom