• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I know that people are fed up of price whinging... But ...

If we are looking to pay a premium to bring in an English, PL proven player then I'd be looking at putting down the £80m for Declan Rice over £54m for White. He's proven class, would form a sensational midfield with Partey and it would weaken a team that finished above us last season as well.

Just get big vibes from Rice that he is going to be one of those players that will dominate for years. This obviously isn't the direction the club is going in this year so I'm fine with that, but feel he might be one we regret in the future.

Rice and Aouar maybe costs the same as White and Neves?
Rice is big Chelsea fan and will cost double what white will cost specially after impressive euros. Aouar and Neves both combined will cost less 60m.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
DCL is losing about 2-3 inches bending over talking. Surely you can see that

True, but 2-3 inches is way to exaggerated.
Maybe half of that.

Mind the shoes from White though.
Anyhow, White is an absolute baller, exciting signing, that we are overpaying slightly as of now doesnt change that one bit.

Rather overpay for players that are actually massively talented.

blrgooner

Established Member
I know that people are fed up of price whinging... But ...

If we are looking to pay a premium to bring in an English, PL proven player then I'd be looking at putting down the £80m for Declan Rice over £54m for White. He's proven class, would form a sensational midfield with Partey and it would weaken a team that finished above us last season as well.

Just get big vibes from Rice that he is going to be one of those players that will dominate for years. This obviously isn't the direction the club is going in this year so I'm fine with that, but feel he might be one we regret in the future.

Rice and Aouar maybe costs the same as White and Neves?
Well if you ask me 80m for Declan Rice is as over priced as 54m for White. Rice looked absolutely brilliant yesterday for sure, but he looked quite poor to me against Denmark in the previous game. He is a good runner from midfield but I don`t think his overall game justifies the kind of price tag we are talking about here.
By the way, if we do want to get Declan Rice to play for us, we would need to cough up 70-80m. What I think about his price is irrelevent because the market factors decides the price. Same is the case with Ben White too. The whole price point is irrelevant. If a club in our position wants players who are highly rated within EPL, we have to pay over the odds.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I wouldn't be surprised if the club is happy to wait on announcing this until White is back from holiday. Announcing we have £54m to spend on a CB can't be that helpful to any other player negotiations so they may prefer a bit of time
People within football know how much we have to spend. These agents and clubs air all of each other's dirty laundry to try and maximize their take.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Haven’t looked out for this bloke in matches but his highlights make him look like an excellent technician, strikes the ball sweetly, crisp touches, he seems to be able to find fairly sharp timings to beat pressure/earn time.

6666Louis

Haven’t looked out for this bloke in matches but his highlights make him look like an excellent technician, strikes the ball sweetly, crisp touches, he seems to be able to find fairly sharp timings to beat pressure/earn time.
"... fairly sharp timings to beat pressure – which is exactly what Arteta wants!"

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Seems like we're into the home strech here, with links of "not happening" popping up.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Lock, don't know if we have the money.

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If England played White over Stones they would be Euro champions, imo.

Only Argus I trust is the one spelt with an 'o' , this will get done.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
gotta love these nothing articles. but it's not their fault it's our fault of being slow to get this done quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom